When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Poll For Big Bang Lovers

uziuzi

BiG BanG  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which is YOUR favorite BiG BanG ??

• White Ceramic (pic 1 first from left) - list price: 11,000 USD
    • SS Case, Black Ceramic Bezel (pic 1 middle or pic 3 top row 2nd from the left) - list price: 9,500 USD
    • SS Case, SS Bezel (pic 1 right or pic 2 top row 2nd from right) - list price: 8,500 USD
    • All Black Carat (pic 2 top row 1st from left) - list price: 43,000 USD
    • All Black (pic 2 top row 2nd from left) - list price: 11,900 USD
    • Ice Bang (pic 2 top row 3rd from left) - list price: 11,500 USD
    • Gold Tuiga (pic 2 top row 1st from right) - list price: 17,900 USD
    • Aspen with Diamonds (pic 2 bottom row 1st from left) - list price: n.a.
    • RG Case, RG Bezel, White dial (pic 2 bottom row 2nd from left) - list price: n.a.
    • Frappucino (pic 2 bottom row 3rd from left) - list price: 11,000 USD
    • RG Case, Black Ceramic Bezel (pic 2 bottom row 2nd from right) - list price: 16,000 USD
    • Black Magic (pic 2 bottom row 1st from right) - list price: 11,500 USD
    • Red Magic (pic 3 top row first from left) - list price: 11,000 USD

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angus,

Make sure that they are replicating the polished black ceramic bezel, and not the matte. There are versions of the ss & rg with matte black bezel as well, but these were a limited run for the Asian market only, and didn't go over as big as they expected.

Thanks!

Don't worry about the ceramic bezel, we have all the ceramic bezels Hublot has.

Hey Angus, when you do the new reps, can you have the factory fix the date font? It's about the only noticable flaw I can see when I compare mine to the many shots of the gen out there. The date font on the gen is a bit more bold than the font on the rep.

I'll buy one of each you come out with, thank you very much! :wub:

I can ask him to do it but may not success.

Angus, definitely the date font is something to change.

Ok.

And for some models we will need a black date wheel. For instance, for the Black Magic it is not neccessary (it does exist with white date) but it is sooo much nicer IMHO.

But lets just first see how good they are at using pvd to mimick a ceramic case...one step at a time :)

P.S. Gold Tuiga is on place 3 at the moment. I am impressed, maybe it is bc people realised that if that model will be made, it will be one to walk into your AD with (its got a closed caseback :D )

:harp:

I am also looking forward to seeing the PVD case, hope it is nice.

Mellow Yellow...yes please :wub::wub:

about the date - Hublot is now only using black dates in all the new Big Bangs and there has also been a variety of date fonts on the gen Big Bangs some bolder some not so bold depending on when it was produced. The newer version all have a bolder date font and they also have the 2 line serial on the back.

Guest RiverwindMDS

about the date - Hublot is now only using black dates in all the new Big Bangs and there has also been a variety of date fonts on the gen Big Bangs some bolder some not so bold depending on when it was produced. The newer version all have a bolder date font and they also have the 2 line serial on the back.

Let's hope for a black datewheel...

be careful with your votes.

some of the watches pictures are not 7750 based with seconds at 9, but rather have seconds at 3... not able to rep these YET.. now for the good news.. i hear that the next movement project is going to be a 2892/3 asain movement copy with optional chrono module. :-)

great observation!

in general it can be said that the 44.5mm models have the modified 7750 and the smaller ones the 2892 with chrono module

Guest RiverwindMDS

some of the watches pictures are not 7750 based with seconds at 9, but rather have seconds at 3... not able to rep these YET.. now for the good news.. i hear that the next movement project is going to be a 2892/3 asain movement copy with optional chrono module. :-)

OH MY GOD, I heared a lot of rumors about that but this is really a good news. Any other informations about that? I hope it will be avabile soon...

Guest RiverwindMDS

I noticed that but It's only a matter of dimension here, but the same models as in the poll are avabile as gens also in the 44.5mm version so no problem of repping...

Hublot is NOT only using black dates on newer models. There was merely a shift from white to black for some releases (some models such as all black allways have black datewheels) but then Hublot was considering stopping using two different datewheels as there wer difficulties of keeping two different inventories. Now they may consider using black datewheels again due to high customer request.

Secondly, newer version do NOT have a 2 line serial on the back. That is the older versions ! The older versions had a reference number and a serial in two lines and additionally a case number on the lower right part of the back. NEW releases do not have case numbers anymore. They have a new reference number depending on the model (for SS/Ceramic Bezel for instance it has changed from 301SB to 301.M or 301-W (depending whether bezel is brushed or polished) and aditionally, a serial on the opposite part of the back. Those models for which there are no two versions of the bezel use 301 as reference in the new engraving notation plus a serial. The exception are limited edition models, which still use old notation, with reference and serial in two lines, and cases are always numbered in the form "N° xxx/yyy". Additionally, the LE models use different engravings, sometimes "Limited Edition" single lined and separated, sometimes two lined etc.

I discussed this with Angus, so everything will be done as on the genuine, no worries. We have a special source for gen caseback pics :whistling:

I noticed that but It's only a matter of dimension here, but the same models as in the poll are avabile as gens also in the 44.5mm version so no problem of repping...

Thanks for clarifying. The main purpose of the poll was the different types of models. All of them do exist as 44.5 mm so that was what I intended.

Edited by uziuzi

Hublot is NOT only using black dates on newer models. There was merely a shift from white to black for some releases (some models such as all black allways have black datewheels) but then Hublot was considering stopping using two different datewheels as there wer difficulties of keeping two different inventories. Now they may consider using black datewheels again due to high customer request.

Secondly, newer version do NOT have a 2 line serial on the back. That is the older versions ! The older versions had a reference number and a serial in two lines and additionally a case number on the lower right part of the back. NEW releases do not have case numbers anymore. They have a new reference number depending on the model (for SS/Ceramic Bezel for instance it has changed from 301SB to 301.M or 301-W (depending whether bezel is brushed or polished) and aditionally, a serial on the opposite part of the back. Those models for which there are no two versions of the bezel use 301 as reference in the new engraving notation plus a serial. The exception are limited edition models, which still use old notation, with reference and serial in two lines, and cases are always numbered in the form "N° xxx/yyy". Additionally, the LE models use different engravings, sometimes "Limited Edition" single lined and separated, sometimes two lined etc.

I discussed this with Angus, so everything will be done as on the genuine, no worries. We have a special source for gen caseback pics :whistling:

Thanks for clarifying. The main purpose of the poll was the different types of models. All of them do exist as 44.5 mm so that was what I intended.

thanks for the clarification - I stand corrected :black_eye:

Guest RiverwindMDS

I knew that...

Guest RiverwindMDS

Finally some more votes for the all black version. But I see that the one that goes te best is the rose gold black ceramic version (if tou add the tuiga version).

I don't know why this thread and the forum in these days is becoming less active...

I like the Hublot Big Bang "Black Magic".

A black ceramic case with brushed and polished surfaces, a titanium display back... but please not *too* expensive, I haven't gone for one of the others or I can't afford this one :(

Guest RiverwindMDS
I like the Hublot Big Bang "Black Magic".

A black ceramic case with brushed and polished surfaces, a titanium display back... but please not *too* expensive, I haven't gone for one of the others or I can't afford this one :(

I love that watch too...

I hope the pvd coating will be good.

Even if I would prefer full ceramic

I love that watch too...

I hope the pvd coating will be good.

Even if I would prefer full ceramic

Genuine is full ceramic I think. They did it with the J12, so why not?

PVD case with ceramic may be another model perhaps? If that's cheaper, that would be good too.