When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Available For Pickup Tuesday The 16th...sigh

Category 5

While I was at work the mail carrier came to deliver my new Carrera Chrono. I have been chomping at the bit all week.

The wife decided not to answer the doorbell because she wasn't fully dressed, and so I got a nice little pink slip. "You can pick up your package on Tuesday, January 16th after 8:30". Argh!!!!

She does not understand why I am so upset....

She does not understand why I am so upset....

... and she doesn't understand why you expected her to go near the door, shout "just a second", throw on a dressing gown and open the front door. I mean no make-up? Are you serious? :black_eye:

ps. Yes, this is the sort of thing we live with as men.

... and she doesn't understand why you expected her to go near the door, shout "just a second", throw on a dressing gown and open the front door. I mean no make-up? Are you serious? :black_eye:

ps. Yes, this is the sort of thing we live with as men.

Well, even that wouldn't have been necessary. Not dressed means she was wearing her pajamas (long sleep pants and a button up shirt). Sometimes she just assumes that whoever it is will come back later if it's important. I need to break her of that. She WILL answer the door if she's expecting Chinese or a Pizza, lol.

At least I know the watch is here and I can have it Tuesday. That's better than not knowing if it even made it through customs. I would have liked to wear it to the hockey game tonight though.

I don't have this concern as I live round the corner from my local Post Office parcel depot. I just hope they don't close it.

When I move to my wee village in Scotland, I'll have no post-office as the local one closed. This means if a package arrives, I have to get a bus for 20 minutes to the nearest town. It's a good job I'll be working from home.

A very wierd thing happened today. A courier knocked on the door today, and delivered my watch. On Sunday! I couldn't believe it. It's here, and aside from a slightly crooked marker it is fantastic. Who ever heard of Sunday delivery, much less delivery when US mail had already left a notice stating that the package was at the post office for pickup on Tuesday.

Maybe I married bewitched and she wiggled her chin to bring the delivery guy here this morning.

I anwered the door in my underwear! :D

I had the same problem w/ having a attempt to deliver on my door cuz the wife ignored or didn't hear the knock. Now.. I have them shipped to my office... somebody is always around to accept and I get my watch on the first attempt!!!