When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some Thoughts And Comments From T T K

Guest TTK

Only just caught up with the news that Walter and Ally were back.....( sleeping too much)........I presume they won......need to check it out....:D

PS.....watch oot fer thay mad Timms......JTB...( he's a Sassenach Timm )......and that other Italian geezer.....I think his name is Gigolo or something ....onyway....it's got a vowel on the end o' it.......!

Rangers 5 Dundee Utd 0

C'mon the huns!!!! :D

Hearts 1 Celtic 2 Jammy F$%^%$^&$*$%$&$%s :p

Edited by gargoil

One of the best quality reps I ever got was from Niel. I hope we can find a US payment method with the convenience of paypal soon though.

@Niel. I see you have moved to a digital SLR from the D7i. Which one, the Minolta or Sony? At any rate, you have no doubt discovered the detriment of dust on your sensor. You can see the gray splotches which are evidence of it. Don't Minolta/Sony cameras have the dust removal feature? Sorry for the off topic comments!

@Niel. I see you have moved to a digital SLR from the D7i. Which one, the Minolta or Sony? At any rate, you have no doubt discovered the detriment of dust on your sensor. You can see the gray splotches which are evidence of it. Don't Minolta/Sony cameras have the dust removal feature? Sorry for the off topic comments!

The Exif says ...

# Image Description = KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

# Camera Make = KONICA MINOLTA

# Camera Model = DYNAX 7D

Rangers - 5- dundee-0, best news i've heard this year, come on the teddy bears!

So that'll be them then - all fixed, eh?! One good result and Mr. Murray is a genius, Watty is the Good Lord re-incarnate (if Durrant had been true to his words last weekend, the Good Lord's intervention would have been required), and the prodigal son Ferguson is unconditionally forgiven.....

:lol:

Neil, just caught up with this thread. Sorry to hear about your illness and glad you're getting the best of it.

Why not investigate US Banks with offshore branch's such as Bank of America, Chase, Citibank, etc. I travel a lot and use citibank and chase all over the world. Can't speak for Thailand. This would help many here in the states who might have an account in one of these, because wire transfers are generally free.

I'm sure you'll figure something out. You're stuff is still the best and you're one off's are second to none.

So that'll be them then - all fixed, eh?! One good result and Mr. Murray is a genius, Watty is the Good Lord re-incarnate (if Durrant had been true to his words last weekend, the Good Lord's intervention would have been required), and the prodigal son Ferguson is unconditionally forgiven.....

:lol:

Indeed...........the biggest rogues gallery of them all these past few weeks.........Fergushin, Murray, Smith and the good ol' SFA.

Had Strachan been boss of Scotland and Celtic "tapped him up", what do you think the outcome would have been?

Exactly.

JTB

Been at work for a couple of days so have just read this thread... Good to hear you're getting better Neil, being ill over the festive period must have been a complete bummer.

Thanks for the heads up on some interesting points.

Take it easy sir! Hope the rest of the year is better than the start of it.

Very well put together infomative post Neil.

Welcome back and glad to hear you are on the improve :victory:

One quick question is the Iban transfer fee's lower than WU fee's?

Ken

From the US an overseas transfer of funds including an FX to euros (results in IBAN receipt in europe and perhaps asia, not sure) can be kind of costly. Will vary from bank to bank, but depending on how the transfer is initiated, (on-line or manually at the bank window) fees can be very high. My advise would be to contact your bank to determine if you use your on-line banking platform to initiate the transfer and if so, how to go about getting set up for the service and what the charges are. They should be lower than initiating them though a retail branch winow. If that method is available, you will probably have to be set up to make it work, but the set up process is not too bad, and the payoff is in convenience, and in most cases lower fees. The transfers themselves are very secure.

If you go through the teller window, the charges will likely be , perhaps as high a s USD 50.00 per transfer, plus a premium on the FX interchange (you will probably pay this in either case).

Hey Neil, glad to hear you are getting better!

As for wire transfers in the US, I believe Washington Mutual offers free internatl. WTs with their checking accounts, and, in Chicago at least, they have branches all over.

Thanks Rima.....that's the kind of constructive info we're looking for...I never expect less from you.....:D

PS....would still love to have that Skype call with you..... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

How about it.....anybody else care to do a little reserach and post some figures......it's only a telephone call....!

Edited by TTK

Thanks Rima.....that's the kind of constructive info we're looking for...I never expect less from you.....:D

PS....would still love to have that Skype call with you..... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

How about it.....anybody else care to do a little reserach and post some figures......it's only a telephone call....!

I have an inquiry in with Chase. Will let you know.

EDIT:

$25.00 fee at Chase. I think this is actually a reduction from what they used to charge, if memory serves