When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TRC ???

AMK000

Think there are few DNS issues - admin sent an e-mail our - for some members it may take a day or two for the new server IP address to propgate out and be fully working. He did say that the .com address was more likely to work sooner than the .net or .org, so anyone having problems, try the .com

I am unable to reach it from my local connection, I did a quick check and tried to use the NS server thats serving the domain (ns1.nohost.cc) so that it would load it and am unable to even reach that - does it even exist ? or is it just a default dummy one, just thought you'd like to know. It looks like the zone file being served by the DNS is incorrect maybe or the records at the registry ?

I have set-up a proxy on my server in the states and am using that, am happy for others here to use it if anyone wants it let me know otherwise just look for some proxies and it should do the trick

Edited by exper

Well, there is nothing wrong in the way the domain/dns is set up

Yes there is. However, it's not your DNS that's badly configured.

jearle@debaser$ host NS1.NOHOST.CC

Host NS1.NOHOST.CC not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

jearle@debaser$ dig @85.17.13.153 www.replicacollector.com | grep CNAME

www.replicacollector.com. 86400 IN	  CNAME   replicacollector.com.

As you can see (hopefully), The problem isn't your domain DNS not working, the problem is the DNS servers that host your domain not being configured right. The problem isn't you, it's the people managing your domain.