When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Held a gen rolex

ziax

Hi all!

Yesterday at my dad's pub we had a party/quiz night which went quite well! But one of my friends had a watch on I was a bit drunk so I couldn't see the name of it but I think it cost around £2000 but I noticed his wife's watch a long time ago it was a Ladies 26mm Datejust Steel with white roman dial, well she said have a look at this took it off handed it to me it was the nicest watch I've held I've never held a rolex before I wish it was a 36mm but i was still happy to hold one and I was thinking i have to have one even if it's a rep (a good one not a £70 one lol) so now I'm saving up for a Rep ARF 116234 silver dial or white roman dial and I'm going to ask her to hold it and see if she can feel the difference between the two.

Just quick question how do the bracelets hold up on the high end reps do they start to jiggle after a while like low end reps do ?

Cheers

Freddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the gen bracelet fitment will loosen with wear and time. Gen Rolexes are not wear-proof either, and will scratch, ding, and have the fit between parts loosen.

Ah ok so like older Rolex's will have that jiggle noise

Thanks for the reply!

Cheers
Freddie

I had a gen 1601... and now I have the same watch you are saving for... well, the feeling is almost the same (the ARF seems a little bit heavier)... BTW if you pretend that the ARF is a gen Rolex then you should avoid side-by-side comparison...

I had a gen 1601... and now I have the same watch you are saving for... well, the feeling is almost the same (the ARF seems a little bit heavier)... BTW if you pretend that the ARF is a gen Rolex then you should avoid side-by-side comparison...

I was only going to do it with a friend to say that's a rep like quality wise to show them how good reps are now

On 2/25/2018 at 9:17 PM, ziax said:

l and I'm going to ask her to hold it and see if she can feel the difference between the two.

Oh and Freddie, if you make her hold 2 similar watches if she is drunk, she is not going to discern any significant different. 

Same applies to other things which she can hold. lol

1 hour ago, Nanuq said:

@Legend, I was thinking more along the lines of Freddie holding two different things and seeing which are the fakes.

*cough*

Well I hope neither of them turns out to be Ken's proverbial left nut :partytime:

• Like 1

Oh and Freddie, if you make her hold 2 similar watches if she is drunk, she is not going to discern any significant different. 
Same applies to other things which she can hold. lol

she won't be drunk, there actually a little posh in there own way.

I'll let her hold it and see if she thinks it's a rep, I won't let her hold it if she's drunk though.

I'll let her hold it and see if she thinks it's a rep, I won't let her hold it if she's drunk though.

Erm Freddie you’re talking about the watch right..lol

• Like 1