When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Went To Test My Watch For Water Proof..see The Result!

elprimerozen

This morning i went to test my new omega speed master to a friend that run the service in Thessaliniki Greece of Rolex and Omega...I was very happy because all my watches are water proof out of the boxcondition!...but this omega faild to pass the test :black_eye: ...and here starts the panic!!!! Im crazy about water proof :crazy: My friend sayed no problem we are going to make the watch water proof so here are some pics for you to see!

First of all i have to say that when he placed the watch in the tester(no water) the test in 5sec gave the result that the watch is 100% NO water proof....very sad...so we opened the watch first:

183833-6477.jpg

From the inspection of the watch he saw that the crystal was not corectly placed on the case so we replaced the crystal in the correct position...he took out the crown placed silicon on the o-rings and on theo-rings of the start stop butons..He closed the case put on the crown and we placed the watch in the test machine this time the machine was the old style with water!He put a pressure of about 6bar after a while(4min) a litle bubble apeared!!! So the whole proses again from the start! And then again the test!!This time no bubles!!1 :D

183833-6478.jpg

After the watch passed the test he started to make a clean up inside the caliber....inside there was a litle dust..and even a HAIR!!It was a very nice surprise that the movement quality of finish was the same as the swiss 7750.

183833-6479.jpg

Here some more pics of the movemnt!!Beautyful caliber!!!!

183833-6480.jpg

Then he started to fix the noise(wrrrrrrr) of the ballbearing of the 7750.The noise in this omega was not so good like my other 7750s that i have:

183833-6481.jpg

Here we can see the beautyfull rotor which is a litle different from the standar 7750 just to look the same as the gen rotor!!!

183833-6482.jpg

Now he took out the rotor to place it on a litle working bench to regulate and lubricate the ballbearing:

183833-6483.jpg

Here is the litle workin bench that he tested the rotor and made the lubrication:

183833-6484.jpg

...and one more:

183833-6485.jpg

Here is the dials.Beautyfull color and the quality is high!Enjoy!!!

183833-6486.jpg

...and the caseback::

183833-6487.jpg

Finaly we closed the watch and tested again and it passed!!!!A bad day that turned to be one of the best rep days ever:

183833-6488.jpg

Here is a pic gift to all A GEN ROLEX LADY FULL GOLD FULL DIAMONDS,AND CASE DIAMONDS!!!!!Just to see what was together with the omega rep!!!ENJOY!

183833-6489.jpg

Thanks for reading and my best regards to all RWG!!!!

Very interesting but, Speedmaster is not intended for underwater use.

How do you waterproof the chrono pushers and still be able to use them?

Very enjoyable. My favorite way to clean a watch is with dish soap and warm water. I never wear my watches in the shower/pool/ocean though. Whenever I get a new rep I am always stressed about the first watch attempt. The watchmaker I used in Ft. Lauderdale told me totake the watch into the bathroom during a hot shower. He told me most will fog up if they have a leak.

I have never had one fog, nor have I had one leak during washing, but I still get pretty nervous the first couple of times!