When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Submersible And Why?

deepsea

I'll get a submersible... here are my choices... I'm giving each of their pros and cons. which would you prefer and why? (or would you suggest me another sub that I missed to look?)

24 - OK a submersible but too plain. I think I'm not in love with this one.

64 & 87 la bombas - these would be the first choices but, somewhat the replicas of 64 and 87 doesn't look good as others. there are more flaws.

187 - this is my favourite but the markers on the bezel are the problem. everyone says they fall easily. is there a workaround for this if I choose this one?

194 - this one is also great. but there is something weird about the bezel on this one too. there is a plastic on the inner side of the bezel that looks weird.

243 - another plain submersible. I'm not also in love with this one.

239 - looks hefty, nice and handsome. but it is destro :) if I had a few other submersibles I would surely get this one, but I hesitate my first sub should be a destro.

243 slytech sub - this is another favourite. hefty, big and mean :) but has the same problem with 187.

I vote for 243 (second version) - solid 60 click bezel, better finish on the side of the bezel, reasonable lume, etc. IMHO, the closest aesthetically :yeah: But it is not the slytech - it is the new 1000.

239 looks great. Don't own that one though so I don't know. :g:

194 and 202 (slytech sub) are titanium in real life - rep is not. :thumbdown:

87 - decent 60 click bezel but dial color sucks and hour marker bezels are not well finished. :thumbdown:

64 - Bezel hash marks are too low relative to the gen :thumbdown:

24 - If talking about Asian 7750 version it has no bezel markers other than the 4 "numbers". Should have hash marks (24B or later)or be polished with no metal rings around the hour markers (24A) :thumbdown:

Of course as I give all these harsh grades I own 4 of the 7. :bangin:

243 is the nuts.

24 if bezel polished is also the nuts (kruzer - thinking about a way to get rid of the markers and replace with dots!!!!!)

194 still cool even if SS as the markers are SS (not plated copper) and are welded to the bezel so cannot come off - I like mine a lot!!

If you prefer a chunkier piece, I would recommend the 64C or 87. I have both and they are always in rotation for the past 2 months.

The updated 243 seems to be a hot fav in terms of accuracy.

187 if you can acquire the Watchonpo's version. Too many markers drops and requests with the other version.

post-867-1169046555_thumb.jpg

Despite the problems I posted due to my recently purchased 239 (which will be swapped for an accurate working one) I would recommend that watch. The making is pretty accurate and the left handed case makes it very comfortable because that thick crown guard does not bother you at any time (by wearing it at your left wrist as usual). A truly ergonomic piece and an eye-catcher, too! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You said the 243 is plain? Huh? Fiddy case, HE valve, thick style bezzel, engraved CG, 60 clicks, engraved lever etc. You sure you know what you are talking about?

mine....

184672-6284.jpg

Great pictures man. What strap is that?

You said the 243 is plain? Huh? Fiddy case, HE valve, thick style bezzel, engraved CG, 60 clicks, engraved lever etc. You sure you know what you are talking about?

first of all, I hadn't seen this version man :) this looks awesome...

--

I talked with my supplier (you also know him of course :)) and he told me to wait for a month. a new upgraded 187 is comming on its way :) and he told me the falling markers problem will be solved with that version...

so I made my decision and will go for a 187. luv at first sight. :whistling:;)

this 243 is another killa though.

thanks for your all comments mates :)