When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Since we were discussing what Dealers post......

bres3000

This is probably not the time or place to be writing this, but since we were talking about Dealers' Posts, I really need to VENT on this one.....

First, the Link to the Post that's got me twisted, followed by what the post really "says" to ME, okay?

okay.

good.

LINK: Coming Soon! Better than the rest! But, not yet....

and here's how I "read" it:

"This is the bestest goddamned version of this rep in the world. All the previous versions sold by the other dumb ass dealers were crap. TOTAL crap. EVERYTHING imaginable was wrong with the previous versions. With MY version, all these mistakes are corrected.

But, here's the thing..... I don't actually HAVE my perfect version just yet, in fact, its still in production.

So, here's what I want you to do: Fixate on this picture of the Genuine watch until I can come up with something, ok?"

complete BS, and don't give me the "lb" excuse

[Vent OFF]

Edited by bres3000

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for pointing this out Bres. I have removed the post and will get in touch with EL on this.

Thanks,

TB

You're welcome, Tom. So there's no misunderstanding, I wasn't "crying" about it 16438-3253.gif but I did want to express my belief that it was somewhat insulting, on more than one level.

we cool?

bounce ta dat. 16438-3254.gif

Bres:

Sorry pal but I need to disagree with ya on this one. To begin with Eddie is one of our best dealers on the boards. No reason to question his integrity. Secondly, we all know that his English is not the best, right? And lastly, what's wrong with promoting an upcoming product? It happens every day in the retail market. He's simply letting us know what's coming right around the corner. Because he doesn't have the finished product yet he post a Gen Picture (and states that it is), so we know which model he's talking about. All more than above board in my humble opinion.

As usual, just my 2 cents even though it isn't worth much!

TwoTone

Guest eddielee11

Everything is moving forward, replicas too.

For instance, the 1950, there are over 13 versions. I never attacked or bad mouthed any of the 13 versions of the 1950.

I was merely stating the fact I am doing the custom version now.

I did not and will not attack any replica. I was merely stating the differences.

If you emailed me, you want to get the pam92 from me, I will advice you and inform you that newer version will be ready shortly. I will give you the option to buy it now the regular version or the later version. I will offer you my personal opinion. It is totally up to you which version you want. You can ask some of the members who approached me on pam 92. If I were to see profits as priority, I would have secured the sales and delivered the current version of pam92 already. However on most of the pre order of my pam 92, I don’t take payment yet until my q.c. lady allows me to do so. She is my boss, and she makes the final decision when can go.

Don’t get me wrong, please. I have done 3 custom version of pam myself. Many were amazed that my custom pieces were actually cheaper than the mass produced pieces.

It actually costs me more to do custom than to offer mass produced pieces, and I only offer the custom to the forum members, not to off forum members. Again, if I were to see profits as priority, I would have charge more than the custom orders rather than the mass produced order.

I love watches and so are many members on this forum. I don’t deal watches for living. I spend more on strippers and beers on a good weekend than the green bucks I receive from reps each month.

I sell, then I sell. If I don’t sell, I don’t sell…no pressure for me.

These are just watches…just watches…just take it easy and enjoy the hobby.

Eddie clearly states the picture is of a genuine. The bit about Eddie feeling superior to other dealers, etc. is 100% subjective--and, frankly, bizarre--speculation on your part.

I'm not trying to kiss eddie's ass here--I just wonder if this merits a negative post in General Discussion. A quick read of the dealer review section reveals dealers who have kept people's money w/o sending them watches, dealerss who seem to have great difficulty answering emails, and other far more serious infractions of sound business practice. It seems to me that time spent busting eddie's chops about words he didn't even write could be spent posting a thread demanding we right more serious wrongs.

Eddie is the best dealer I have ever dealt with (I have been through most) and have nothing but the utmost respect for him. I literally can't tell the 127 I got from him, after fixing the cannon pin, is not the real deal.

I like that he made us aware of what is coming. Saves the buyer from buying a soon-to-be outdated one from him or anyone else. I am looking at the post on another site and he states clearly it is a pic of the original. Eddie is NOT a scammer by any means, unlike other dealers I have NEVER read any complaints about him. Communicating with him is fast and easy.

BTW eddie if you read this send me that background info on the Chopard ;) I love it and wore it to a black tie event last week, beautiful watch.

Edited by Craytonic

I think it's great that a dealer would try to find better versions. If Eddie's previous Arktos had the incorrect silver hands and a polished case, then those would be obvious problems to have corrected. I'm glad he's going back and having that corrected on his watches.

Of course, other dealers may already have versions with the correct black hands and brushed cases. Those have been available for a couple of months. Other dealers may never have seen those problems before.

There are many good dealers on this board and we have a huge selection of great watches here. However, I will tend to read someone's ad to learn about what they're selling, not to to learn what anyone else has or doesn't have. I figure the seller knows his product the best but may not always know everything that the other guy has.

Can't see anything wrong with what Eddie is doing....( perhaps the genuine photo thing is wrong.....along with claiming that his is the best.....that's up to the buyer to decide).....Eddie is a great dealer........and is just making members aware that 'new' is just around the corner...nothing wrong with that.....same as me telling you that the 'correct' 45mm PO is coming....( this week)........it's just courtesy to the members.......allowing them to decidde whether to wait or not......!

Bres:

Sorry pal but I need to disagree with ya on this one. To begin with Eddie is one of our best dealers on the boards. No reason to question his integrity. Secondly, we all know that his English is not the best, right? And lastly, what's wrong with promoting an upcoming product? It happens every day in the retail market. He's simply letting us know what's coming right around the corner. Because he doesn't have the finished product yet he post a Gen Picture (and states that it is), so we know which model he's talking about. All more than above board in my humble opinion.

As usual, just my 2 cents even though it isn't worth much!

TwoTone

No sweat. But, first refer back to my original post: 'don't give me the "lb" excuse' - lb = language barrier.

TT, this wasn't an attack on anybody's integrity, rather it was just me expressing my opinion, as unpopular as it may be. I know what he stated about the Pic, Two. I was wondering why a gen would be pictured, that's all. I still am. S o r r y .

I appreciate hearing your two cents worth any time, Two. Just keep in mind that opposing views are a natural occurrence is all.

16581-3208.gif

If Eddie's previous Arktos had the incorrect silver hands and a polished case, then those would be obvious problems to have corrected. I'm glad he's going back and having that corrected on his watches.

Case in point: EL has not HAD a "previous Arktos," therefore, any comparisons would have been made against other dealers' Arktos'es.

Unless you tell us who you bought your alleged 187 from, I absolutely do not care what you think.

If you have done a search or followed the posts, the dealer's name, email, website addy has been posted to the public for about a week or so now, maybe longer... If you haven't been busy hung up on 'venting', you probably would have gotten the info on the 187 easily or probably have one in your hands by now. :)

All the previous versions sold by the other dumb ass dealers were crap.

I see the problem here.

I like EL too, and have bought from him before and will buy from him.

But, whats wrong is wrong.

He could have said a lot nicely than calling other dealers 'dumb ass'.

I think mod delete his post because of 'dumb ass' part.

I see the problem here.

I like EL too, and have bought from him before and will buy from him.

But, whats wrong is wrong.

He could have said a lot nicely than calling other dealers 'dumb ass'.

I think mod delete his post because of 'dumb ass' part.

No, no, no! He didn't say that. I said that that was how it sounded to me.

Unless you tell us who you bought your alleged 187 from, I absolutely do not care what you think.

maybe you should start learning to read the posts instead of filtering what you want to process.

Why should anyone tell you anything? alledged 187? I couldn't care less about what you have to say much less what is sitting on your pathetic wrist. In all honesty, you don't even deserve to be here. Guess we all know how much education have brought you thus far.

Insulting a trusted dealer who was merely trying to convey an updated prototype model that is soon to be premiering, I guess your forum productivity is on par with your intelligence.

Wake up and open your eyes or the sun will continue to shine on your egoistical ass when everyone here is moving on.

I vote bres3000 for President / #1 Monkey on every dealer's back!

BTW, you insinuated EL's intentions by your uneducated "replica" analysis and I would have to tell you that your presence here will not be appreciated any longer than you can say "Fiddy".

What an anger ball! LOL! Good luck with the real world out there!