When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jaeger Le Coultre And Zenith

Stephane

Hello everybody,

I'm a new member and spent a lot of time thru the pages of this forum, but, sorry, did not read them all yet.

I have to mention that I am french speaking and it's hard for a frog to be clear in english!

Please note I'm not from France, but from Belgium though. We, Belgians, like to specify ;-)

I learned a lot about your world since 24 hours and I think I am almost part of it. I started to buy reps on eB 6 months ago and the first one was ridiculously bad.

Since then, I bought some much better watches from a guy based in Germany and recently from Andrew (Trusty).

I couldn't see anything consistant about JLC and Zenith here though (except WatchCity which site is great (thanks Officine Panerai) but reps are crap to my opinion as they do not even exist).

The "regular and classic" Reverso for example or the Zenith Square Port Royal Grande Date, are not available, anywhere.

I will try to put my watches on a site so you can see them but in the meantime I would really appreciate if some of you can tell me 1: why no high quality reps of JLC/Zenith are available 2: If yes, where are they ;-)

Warmest regards from Belgium,

Stephane

post-4865-1169499105_thumb.jpg

post-4865-1169499484_thumb.jpg

Zenith and JLC are not very popular brands so the manufacture of good replicas is not profitable. You will find several good reverso's and master compressors, but aside from that good luck. As for Zenith, the biggest reason someone buys a Zenith is fro the movement. Most of the Zenith movements are impossible to replicate, thus you have substandard replicas.

BTW, elprimerozen That is a nice reverso but this one is better:

post-1628-1169503286_thumb.jpg

Zenith and JLC are not very popular brands so the manufacture of good replicas is not profitable. You will find several good reverso's and master compressors, but aside from that good luck. As for Zenith, the biggest reason someone buys a Zenith is fro the movement. Most of the Zenith movements are impossible to replicate, thus you have substandard replicas.

BTW, elprimerozen That is a nice reverso but this one is better:

I think another way to look at this is the fact is that it is hard to replicate any watch that doesn't come with standard movements - meaning ETA parts.

Yes they have repped the AP ROO, Rolex Daytona, etc, but they are either inaccurate copies or work for [censored] - sorry for my french here

Thanks for your interresting comments, and pictures :thumbsupsmileyanim: .

It make sence that one looks for a gen Zenith when they are movement lovers, but the price is gen too. :whistling:

Anyway, so far, for JLC, only Andrew and Josh seems to have some nice reps, but not really looking like a gen as some of their models doesn't even exist.

Bye for now.

Stephane

The Reverso from PC is nice.. However I think that it miss the JL logo on the dial.. Please correct me if I am wrong?

The weakest link on the Reversos has been the tilting mechanism. I understand that this has been improved, but I have not read any reviews on this newest model.

An excellent replica of the black dial Zenith El Primero chronograph (with functioning chronos) is long over due. Talk about your lay-down sale...

188670-5287.jpg

Or even this one:

188670-5288.jpg

You can find shitty reps with non-functioning chronos, but over-all not very acceptable for the believeability factor.

http://www.amatory.biz/Watch_ZENITH--280.html

The El Primero 400/410 is a pretty complex movement; not sure it would be very easy to duplicate.

Ziggy did a great breakdown review on one I sent him for an overhaul...

EP400 teardown

Still... Would be nice to have a movement that would at least replicate the subsidiary spacing. That would open up a lot of possibilities with models not available to us now.

Still... Would be nice to have a movement that would at least replicate the subsidiary spacing. That would open up a lot of possibilities with models not available to us now.

Yup, and then you'd just need to add the moonphase and the perpetual calendar ... :blink:

Zenith's are great watches. I too wonder why we haven't seen a good chrono rep. a couple of years ago I picked up this one with faux chrono's. Considering when I purchased it, It's a handsome face and great bracelet, and I still wear it. Wish they would make it with working chrono's (even with the fake moonphase).

post-15-1169668556_thumb.jpg

Zenith's are great watches. I too wonder why we haven't seen a good chrono rep. a couple of years ago I picked up this one with faux chrono's. Considering when I purchased it, It's a handsome face and great bracelet, and I still wear it. Wish they would make it with working chrono's (even with the fake moonphase).

post-15-1169668556_thumb.jpg

Reading all your repsponses, I guess we are numerous to wish a Zenith good replica.

Let's ask our respective dealers to try to come up with one. Who knows.

Having said that, I think that the one you got, RobertK, is very good looking.

Can you PM me and let me know where I can find one like that. I would be very gratefull. Thanks