When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Good Places To Buy A Gen Omega (po Or Gmt)

dvn

I've researched this question before and what it comes down to is Warranty&certificates vs non-warranty/certs.

Online, you can get hassle free 30% discount off of retail tax free. You sacrifice warranty from the manufacturer. In case for a co-axial movement, that's 3 years. You may also sacrifice serial numbers, which will devalue teh watch if you're reselling it. It may also not come with all papers and certificates. Even places like Costco will tell you they aren't an AD so their omega watches arent covered by warranty (even though it has serial numbers).

When you buy at an AD, you get all warranties, certs, serials, etc because they are an Authorized Dealer. There are some jewelry stores i've encountered that sells Omegas but they aren't in the AD PDF that omega lists and look somewhat suspicious (i would have to assume they source their watches grey market).

The hassle comes into finding an AD and then negotiating for discount. Some will give you 10%, others can throw out 25% right out the door - and the anal ones will give you 0%. I got mine at 25% and negotiated down to 30% - it took visits to 5 different AD's though to find the AD I was comfortable with.

It's better buying at the AD - gives you a peace of mind and that warranty. I know of one fellow who bought an SMP and 6 months in, he had problems that the warranty took care of.

Anyone online are not AD's unless they are an actual AD Retail Store with a website that sells online (supposedly they're arent allowed to do that) - watches-etc.com is an retail dealer and they are an AD of omega watches.

btw: some online sites offer their own warranty, but i would just look for an AD... you can get the price to be just the same as Online.

Edited by crick0234

If you're in the UK, Beaverbrooks the Jewellers sometimes have three year interest free credit deals. The watch will still be full price, but you'll get the warranty and in the case of a gen PO 45, be able to pay it off at a very resonable £50 per month or there abouts. - The only interest free deal they have on their website is 12 months at the moment. I think the stores might still be offering the 36 month/ 3 year deal.