When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone Having Problems With The Movement In The Ingy Chrono?

Nebakanezzar

Hey All,

I love my Ingy, the fit and finish is simply amazing!

So I am thinking about getting the Ingy chrono as well, but I am a little weary of the Asian 7750 mod'd with seconds @ 6....Has anyone been having any problems with this one so far?

Thanx

All's quiet!!!

I wouldn't take the risk personally. Moving a running second hand is a recipe for failure. This isnt the Daytona Shuffle but it is far more prone to breakdown than moving a minute subdial that clicks over once a minute and only in operational chrono mode. I don't think the few months this movement has been out there is nearly enough time to sift out the potential problems and failures.

No problems for me, but then it's only been two weeks. Besides I figure anybody who rotates a lot of watches at any given time (which is a lot of people on this board) don't put a lot of wear and tear on the movements of their watches . . . the bigger wear and tear problem I've found is to the screw-down crowns because I don't wear my watches enough to keep them running, and many of the reps have crown tubes that will inevitably strip over time.

No problems for me, but then it's only been two weeks. Besides I figure anybody who rotates a lot of watches at any given time (which is a lot of people on this board) don't put a lot of wear and tear on the movements of their watches . . . the bigger wear and tear problem I've found is to the screw-down crowns because I don't wear my watches enough to keep them running, and many of the reps have crown tubes that will inevitably strip over time.

So you dont have a winder? it will do wonders for your Automatics :)

Besides, for the manual wind (Asian VENUS 175 made by Sea-Gull) that I do not wear reularly I leave the crown unscrewed and wind it every other day regardless if ill use it or not....So no unneeded wear on the crown tubes there....obviously i screw it down before wearing it :)

Besides, for the manual wind (Asian VENUS 175 made by Sea-Gull) that I do not wear reularly I leave the crown unscrewed and wind it every other day regardless if ill use it or not....So no unneeded wear on the crown tubes there....obviously i screw it down before wearing it :)

Same here. whether in the box or on the winder, I never screw down the crowns until I wear it. Less wear and tear. I've never had a thread issue on any including the notorious 183.

I've had mine since EL first started selling them back in September IIRC. It was my daily beater, and the watch worked fine out of the box except for the noisy rotor and a rough, stiff feel when winding the crown. I sent it to The Zigmeister in October for servicing, came back running like a champ. About 2 weeks ago the chrono second hand stopped resetting back to 0, and I can no longer wind the crown. It just refuses to move. I don't think I would buy another watch with this movement, given that the watch was serviced and it still gave up on me in less than 6 months.

Keeping the crown unscrewed except when I wear the watch is a good idea, hopefully I can remember to do it on a regular basis.

I have a two-watch winder but I keep my gens on it, and I'm not really inclined to buy winders for all my watches or anything like that -- that would cost a small fortune, one that I'd rather spend on new reps! :lol: The stripped crown tubes haven't been really that big of a deal -- 2 Rolex reps (YM, Sub, both from abay) and the Black Seal. I got new crown tubes for the first two, and The Zigmeister modded the 183 so I can wear it now. I am already a little worried about the threading on the Inge, which seems to be pretty short . . . I should keep that one on the winder.

I've had mine since EL first started selling them back in September IIRC. It was my daily beater, and the watch worked fine out of the box except for the noisy rotor and a rough, stiff feel when winding the crown. I sent it to The Zigmeister in October for servicing, came back running like a champ. About 2 weeks ago the chrono second hand stopped resetting back to 0, and I can no longer wind the crown. It just refuses to move. I don't think I would buy another watch with this movement, given that the watch was serviced and it still gave up on me in less than 6 months.

The chrono movement on my Ti just crapped out after a little more than 24 hours :(

Hmm, think I might pass on the Chrono.....

Thanx for all the input peeps...

The problem is the same as the Daytona and the IWC Portuguese Chrono, which has transfer gears moving the running seconds to 6. As this is constantly running, it puts strain on the movement. I suspect this will go the same way as many of the afore-mentioned models.

About 2 weeks ago the chrono second hand stopped resetting back to 0

That is a common problem on all chrono models, and can happen if you reset too far from "12" (frankly I see no reason to reset anywhere but at "12"), I don't cover hand slippage since it's a flaw on these models, but there is an easy solution, reset at 12 or real close to it...

and I can no longer wind the crown. It just refuses to move. I don't think I would buy another watch with this movement, given that the watch was serviced and it still gave up on me in less than 6 months.

Any automatic model that is wound with the crown will quit sooner or later, it's not designed to be wound with the crown, but with the autowinder. Crown winding just to get the watch going is acceptable, anymore is not...

Your within your warranty, why do you still have the watch and how come your not emailing my associate and sending the watch in for warranty? It's probably a damaged click wheel, quick fix...

RG

Bought a SECONDS AT SIX DAYTONA which worked very well both in regular and chrono mode for about 2 months, when suddenly it would lose time. Notified my dealer and he replaced it with a new watch. The new replacement, again after about two months started to run slow intermittently. Notified the dealer again and one more time it was shipped back to Taiwain. After several emails back and forth, he omitted that this model has been problematic and offered credit to a different model. So I chose an Omega Speedmaster which is running just fine. NO MORE SECONDS AT SIX for ME!!

regards to all,

Butterfly.