When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finding/adhering To Ttk's Rules

thatgrip

Hello to all. I've been following various threads with dork-like interest for 2 months now and am ready to take a plunge into the murky waters of reps. That said, I am befuddled by the whereabouts of the vaunted TTK rules. I take stupid pills 3 times a day which makes it all the more difficult for me. So, come on where the hell are the rules? In there absence, I went over lots of Neil's postings to glean what sort of email gets sh#(canned vs. responded to. So, I email him last week regarding my desire to purchase 2 watches, and questions of how much and is elec. transfer (not iban) ok, etc. Nothing I wrote was too idiotic and I was nice. Nonetheless, no response. So I tried again last evening in the hopes Neil will take mercy on my desperate need for fakery and shiny objects. I am aware the man is busier than a prison whorehouse; but his methods of QC are obviously excellent, hence my desire to buy from him. Any and all comments, advice would be appreciated.

Oh, and I'm thoroughly impressed by RWG. That a noncorporate board can be this well rounded and knowledgeable is impressive. Well done Kenberg et al.

Grip

Welcome to RWG.... Nice first post :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think TTK was experiencing some issues with internet connectivity recently due to the earth quake in asia...

Last I heard, these were his requirements.

HOW TO ORDER.

1. Please send all enquiries to:

worldtimezone@gmail.com

2. Please put the sales item number ( e:g 191 ) and ONLY the sales item number in the subject box of YOUR email to me, this means it will automatically be put in the appropriate folder in my email Inbox, if you DO NOT put the number in the subject box, it will automatically go into my junk mailbox and you will receive no reply.

3. When sending an e-mail, please inform me of your forum details, such as ALL your forum name(s), this helps me to keep in touch with you, if you don't send me your forum name(s), your email will be filed under BIN.

4. I ask only that you have some courtesy when you contact me, in return you will be greeted with courtesy.

5. Feel free to ask any questions you like appertaining to the watch and details such as payment and shipping, questions about the size of my tadger and the circumstances of my birth will go unanswered.

6. If you decide to proceed, I will furnish you with details on my accepted payment methods.

7. At the point of ordering, I will require the following.

A )Your full name and shipping address, no alternative shipping addresses accepted, unless by prior negotiation.

B )Your forum name(s) and either a Skype contact username or a contact telephone number, this allows me to keep in touch without the need for email, which can be easily lost.

C )I require you to use ONLY the description I give you, if you USE any other description or add any other details, I will cancel your payment immediately.

following neil's rules and doing everything right is no guarantee of success.

i've been collecting reps for a while. have bought between 15 and 20 reps (afraid to count!!) from various dealers. i know the drill.

i've been waiting since september 18th (payment) for a working LV noobmariner from neil.

yes, a lot has happened and circumstances and and and...

but that's unacceptable. my new ultimate p.o. from joshua took 6 days from payment :)

my best advice is: find a different dealer. period.

Guest aclaimsman

@thatgrip

I have purchased from Neil twice and gotten both watchs in about 3 weeks. Quality is excellent, communication almost non-exsistant. If you can live with that you will be happy. Welcome to RWG, I hope you have alot of $$$$ your gonna need it.

grip

here's what it comes down to:

if you get a perfect watch, with no problems, and it runs good any dealer is fine.

but these are reps and the quality control leaves something to be desired. it can be a crap shoot. what makes the difference is, what a dealer does if there is a problem. i bought the LV noobmariner from neil because it was an impulse purchase. i have a thoroughly modded modern sub already. but i had never even seen an LV in person and have a lot of black bezel dive watches (rep and gen). it was getting great reviews and was just over $100US and neil was the ONLY dealer who had them. so even though i had read a lot of posts about problems i took a chance. my mistake.

if you do some searches here i don't think you will find a single post that says "i have had this problem with joshua for 4 months and it has not been resolved and he has not contacted me". there are other dealers who are the same way. you will find a number of posts about neil stating that. i am far from the only person who has been waiting months for a watch from neil.

i'm reasonably confident i will eventually get my watch. which i will just have to flip as i traded for another in the mean time. but opening the mailbox with even the faint hope every single day for months sucks

i don't know of any watch that neil has an exclusive on right now? pretty much anything he has should be available from joshua or andrew or PT or...

God bless you. Everyone's responses are sincerely appreciated. It seems I blew it right out of the box-no watch # in the subject line. Damn! So, as long as Neil doesn't recognize me as a rogue buyer bent on irritating him to death, I should be ok. As for dealing with a lack of communication from a seller, I have read enough posts about TTK that I'm not worried. He might not be everybody's cuppa, but I have 3 young ones in my house who I'm far more worried about liking/respecting/talking to me. I just don't want to be a pain in his backside. Conviviality for everyone!