When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Chrono Avenger. Advice From The Experts Please

Del_RFC

I am in the market for a Breitling Chrono Avenger, S/S with a black dial.

I am currently looking at 2 options:-

Sashwatch at $253 delivered to the UK

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Sash-Brietling-C...ger-t15331.html

and Joshua at $298 (delivered I think)

http://watchwindersworld.com/bl10062-chron...800-p-1972.html

Any advice on the best option between both above or is there an option with another dealer option I should be looking at.

Thanks in advance.

Del....

I've never used Sashwatch but I've used Joshua, hes spot on.

As for the watch, Its the same watch they both sell, with the newer 28800 bph Asian movement, just bear in mind its a fantasy model. Nothing wrong with that, Its a beautiful watch but genuine article was only made in titanium.

Its been replicated twice to my knowledge in titanium, the first of the two reps being the better, old Asian movement though and no longer available, now if they did a rerun of that in titanium with the newer Asian movement I would buy one in a heartbeat.

It is indeed, only ever made in Titanium.

Chronomat is the SS Breitling to go for at the moment!

Thanks lads, info is much appreciated.

Chronomat looks like it may well win the day. I like the version with the hour numbers as opposed to sticks.

One last question .... who's the main man to buy this beast from? I'm off to start searching the dealers but any pointers in the right direction would once again be much appreciated.

A cyber beer to each and every one of you.

Cheers

Del

One last question .... who's the main man to buy this beast from? I'm off to start searching the dealers but any pointers in the right direction would once again be much appreciated.

Wouldn't want to give you too easier a time ;) This may be of some help though..........(BCE - Breitling Chronomat Evolution when you read the topic by the way)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...7357&st=180

Chronomat looks like it may well win the day. I like the version with the hour numbers as opposed to sticks.

there have already been two generations of the chronomat evolution (josh and trusty are both currently selling the 2nd generation), and angus is making a 3rd edition (see the link b16a2 provided). fyi, angus isn't going to be making the hour numbers (numeral) version of the chronomat evolution (i asked)....

there have already been two generations of the chronomat evolution (josh and trusty are both currently selling the 2nd generation), and angus is making a 3rd edition (see the link b16a2 provided). fyi, angus isn't going to be making the hour numbers (numeral) version of the chronomat evolution (i asked)....

Thanks Delta for the info (and to all other who contributed). With all this assistance I am unsure if I solved one issue and opened up another half dozen :wounded1: Still it is very much appreciated and will come in very handy when decision time comes (very shortly)

I am fast swinging towards the Chronomat from Angus. Whilst I can live with the stick markers as opposed to numerals the one single thing that puts me off is the domed glass. I fully assume as every last detail (including the domed glass) is covered on this rep therefore this will be exactly as per the genuine article.

Gonna sleep on it tonight then if I still feel the same then I will begin to bend the wifes ear in the morning. Hopefully shouldn't take too long :whistling:

Thanks again lads and hope to add something to what is an excellent community over the coming weeks, months and years.

Del....

Thanks Delta for the info (and to all other who contributed)....[....]....Thanks again lads and hope to add something to what is an excellent community over the coming weeks, months and years.

Del....

you're welcome -- i'm glad i was able to be helpful. the amount of information on these boards is staggering; i've been at it for about nine months and still feel like a noobie. but i'm starting to find my find myself being able to contribute here and there to answer a question or two, which is fun. i'm sure you'll find yourself in a similar position soon enough.

have fun, and hold onto your wallet -- it will be a wild ride. :o

deltatahoe

I've never used Sashwatch but I've used Joshua, hes spot on.

As for the watch, Its the same watch they both sell, with the newer 28800 bph Asian movement, just bear in mind its a fantasy model. Nothing wrong with that, Its a beautiful watch but genuine article was only made in titanium.

Its been replicated twice to my knowledge in titanium, the first of the two reps being the better, old Asian movement though and no longer available, now if they did a rerun of that in titanium with the newer Asian movement I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Hmmm, just curious but what's THIS then??? :g: The newer inferior model???

Gonna sleep on it tonight then if I still feel the same then I will begin to bend the wifes ear in the morning. Hopefully shouldn't take too long :whistling:

Mind made up, it's the Chronomat Evolution from Angus, and permission granted by the better half. (surprisingly easy :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

Awaiting response from Angus on availability and the only thing left to decide is graphite or white dial.

Thanks again lads.

Del....

This is definitely the Chronomat to purchase! Check out the other post 'so who's waiting.......' for pictures of the latest dials

B16a2,

In the end that post made the whole decision a "no brainer".

1. There were 82 guys in "the know" showing intention to add this to their collection.

2. Angus's attention to detail struck me as outstanding and of a man who takes fantastic pride in what he supplies.

3. I took a look at some of the collections galleries of the people waiting for release of this masterpiece. These guys have a serious passion for perfection (or as close to) and I figured when they are getting excited about this beast then this was something very very special, so much so that I wanted a piece of the action.

Still waiting for a reply to my mail from Angus. I just want to get the order placed and the wheels in motion to get this on my wrist.

Always had a passion for a nice watch and own a couple of genuine Tag Heuer models however I have caught the bug. For the price I would have paid for my next Tag there are now 5 or 6 serious reps pencilled in now to be added to the collection.

Next stop is a Carrera in S/S..... the a ....... :D

Cheers

Del