When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You Know That Feeling Between Wanting To Punch Something And Crying?

docblackrock

Thanks for trying to cheer me up JTB, but a talented but 'damaged goods' South American brought in only to cover the imperious Xabi Alonso does not compare to events which are potentially jepoardising the entire future of the club.

I still don't know what to make of it all.....it's like a particularly depressing soap opera, conspiracy theories, Middle Eastern business etiquette, investment banking and legal jiggery-pokery, shadowy figures lurking in the background etc.

Still today it's less :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: but more :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Ok if I was a writer then.....

Imagine you're about to get married to a rich beautiful girl :in_love: who you want to spend the rest of your life with....you've walked up the aisle and the priest/rabbi/druid whatever is taking you both through your vows....when for some unexplained reason and in a moment of madness, your testosterone-fuelled reptilian cortex kicks in and you notice the bridesmaid is even more gorgeous.....ok noted, then an exchanged look, a flicker of sexual interest, no big deal you say to yourself, but a smile of satisfaction at getting away with it and what you might get away with at some point later.....or so you think......until you notice your intended bride has caught you looking...

.....uh oh.....:unsure:

.....but by then it's too late.....:black_eye:

.....and you're left all alone at the altar.....:cry:

.....and all your family are staring back at you like this.....:nono::gun2:

Well that's one version of it anyway :lol:

Sorry for the late arrival of at least one of the other Reds supporters here....What can I say......:unsure:........:cry:.......

But in the midst of the sorrow....I have to admit I like the idea of me and you spending our (liver)pool money this summer on a couple of cold ones :tu:

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the late arrival of at least one of the other Reds supporters here....What can I say......:unsure:........:cry:.......

But in the midst of the sorrow....I have to admit I like the idea of me and you spending our (liver)pool money this summer on a couple of cold ones :tu:

Looking forward to raising a glass with you T and toasting "here's to £470m (or does $900 million sound better ^_^) and number 6" ;)

As for todays "revelations" of JAR, a pugnacious Welshman and a sand wedge, let's just say considering the source and the timing (:rolleyes:) I'm inclined to just think :yawn:. First it was Eto'o and his fight with Rijkaard and "revelations" that the Nou Camp resembles something out one of Shakespeare's 'history' plays, and now it's the turn of the "English" club out drunk and causing trouble abroad according to their "unnamed source" - yeah right. I mean FFS, anyone who believes the club/Rafa would allow them to go out on the [censored] mid-season never mind a few days before their most important and high-profile match of the year, is a fool.....but then as I said if you're reading THAT newspaper anyway...

Liverpool FC have today released the following statement from manager Rafael Benitez.

"I met this morning with the entire first team squad and made it absolutely clear to all of them the responsibilities that come with playing for this club and the way they are expected to conduct themselves both on and off the pitch.

"The players worked extremely hard at last week's training camp, but we will take disciplinary action and fine any of them who are found to have breached club rules during our stay in Portugal. I've told the players this and they understand and accept the decision I have taken.

"Despite reports to the contrary, the spirit amongst the lads is very good with everyone looking forward to the game against Barcelona on Wednesday.

"We remain totally focussed on what will be a very tough game against the defending European Champions."

Sounds to me like a minor argument between two players and someone telling porkies to certain elements of the media, who were only to pleased to print it :yawn:

Roll on Wednesday....hey JTB, can you dust the cobwebs off the Official RWG Champions League Pool thread please :lol: