When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Datejust..... What Are The Flaws On This One?

flavor flav

ok ok you guys are dam good! ubi......i think you may have worked at the rolex factory at one point in time.... it's a gen and to be honest.... most if not all of my reps are of higher quality i'm sorry to say! the hollow endlinks don't fit right, the bracelet is flimsy, the dial looks decent but nowhere near as nice as my speedy triple date, the crystal comes with no AR coat. the truth is. i would be willing to bet that most rep rolexes are of better quality than the genuine! i think the works of ubi are more impressive than the works of rolex. i do like the way the clasp folds very tightly but other than that..... :thumbdown: build a franken if you like this watch. much more satisfying and it may most likely come out nicer than this. i think the latest datejust with the solid links bracelet is a whole lot nicer and much heavier as well. this is an "f" series and was picked up for a low price as it needed restored. the finish was very scratched up and dirty from daily use. i polished, buffed, rubbed, cleaned and now it's again like new. funny thing is i know nothing about dial/date fonts and can seldom tell any difference even side by side. if i had this in one hand and a rep in the other.... i may choose the rep as the genuine! i bought and sold a rep solid TT TOG from joshua and it's quality was much higher. now that this is clean and polished.... what do i do with a 36mm watch??? LOL!

One could always put together a frankenstein... Like this one that I put together for my father:

195283-3713.jpg

Genuine case, dial, crown with ETA movement and Tudor hands...

your looks better than mine! awesome work randy as usual..... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think you've done a great job on shining that one up, ff! If you picked that one up for lower than fair market, I think you could stand to make a nice, tidy little profit from flipping!

:)

P.S. The dial/hand combination is one of my favorites....

it was very very beat up when i got it! took alot of work but i think i can sell at over double what i paid :rolleyes: