When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angus And His Integrity , Pretty Cool Guy , I Think

rbj69

Angus asked me to do a complete breakdown of this watch (steelfish superocean)and test it in my bergeon water pressure chamber and told him i would have done that anyway for all my friends here , he said he jsut wanted to make sure someone unbias would do the checks as he already did to insure people would get a quality piece, now i dont know about yall but that made me realize what kind of dealer he really is , so anyway that is what is going to happen, soon as it arrives , im likeing the steelfish but i could see it being nicer than my BCE and i did a breakdown of that piece for all soon as it arrived , but i can tell u this if the steelfish is anything like the BCE then it is one hell of a watch

my only thing is i usually dont buy a rep unless the genuine is over 2 grand but this piece is so nice looking i cant see buying the gen. in it and probably will be the only 2 grand watch i have in my collection, lol

ask me questions at will but im leaving for dinner and will back later ok

joe

Brother you are one lucky guy! Can't wait to see the pics but I'll have to tell you I hope to have mine on wrist at the same time as you. I've already claimed a blue dial version with the ETA movement!

Good talk last night and oh by the way that movie Smoking Aces is worth seeing if you like shoot em up movies.

Cheers,

Jon :victory:

While I kind of am sorry you have to pay for it, I think that's really best as it does keep things more impartial...

plus i dont like to play favoritism and if he did give it to me like that , i would imagine he would want something back in return , just not my style

joe

Guest RiverwindMDS
Angus asked me to do a complete breakdown of this watch (steelfish superocean)and test it in my bergeon water pressure chamber and told him i would have done that anyway for all my friends here , he said he jsut wanted to make sure someone unbias would do the checks as he already did to insure people would get a quality piece, now i dont know about yall but that made me realize what kind of dealer he really is , so anyway that is what is going to happen, soon as it arrives , im likeing the steelfish but i could see it being nicer than my BCE and i did a breakdown of that piece for all soon as it arrived , but i can tell u this if the steelfish is anything like the BCE then it is one hell of a watch

my only thing is i usually dont buy a rep unless the genuine is over 2 grand but this piece is so nice looking i cant see buying the gen. in it and probably will be the only 2 grand watch i have in my collection, lol

ask me questions at will but im leaving for dinner and will back later ok

joe

I was thinking the same, I really like it, but you can buy one original for 1000 euros and you buy the copy for 250 euros, I thought it was a bit too much, But I really like it...

While I kind of am sorry you have to pay for it, I think that's really best as it does keep things more impartial...

That's a perception issue. By-Tor got his Noobmariner for free and no-one questioned his impartiality. Maybe dealers could offer review copies at wholesale, or ask for the watch to be returned or raffled off after?

To be honest, I'm just thinking aloud as there is no formal review system and as such some watches will never get a full review. Hmm, I wonder if this would have helped with the B&R situation ...

Well, if someone is giving away free watches I am now a watchsmith. :lol: Seriously, any process which leads to a truly thorough review either comparatively with the gen or other reps and/or complete with pics of the movement workings and a critique of it is a good thing. Pictures are worth a thousand words for rep collecting from an aesthetic perspective. Most interested parties can handle that part. As for the quality of the movement and the assembly that is where I find write-ups most useful. Although I love it when someone has multiple versions of the same watch and point you in the right direction of which version is best. :lol:

hey he just asked me to water test it and tell what i think of the quality people, its not about a system, its about a dealer asked me to check it out , i guess it is because i bought a couple of them , a simple thanks for being the guinea pig would suffice though

but i felt he was cool for asking me to do that in open forum, to me shows he must think it is a good one , he didnt ask me really on the BCE but i did it anyway and still loving it

joe

hey he just asked me to water test it and tell what i think of the quality people, its not about a system, its about a dealer asked me to check it out , i guess it is because i bought a couple of them , a simple thanks for being the guinea pig would suffice though

but i felt he was cool for asking me to do that in open forum, to me shows he must think it is a good one , he didnt ask me really on the BCE but i did it anyway and still loving it

joe

RBJ69,

How did the BCE perform on your water test? Should I be taking mine off before swimming, showering etc or as I expect will it handle all "normal" waterproof activities?

Thanks

Del....

joe

I agree it's good he wants word out there... there is always the minute possibility he sent you hand picked samples or something to make it look better than it is, but I don't think there is anyway around that...

You guys are paranoid. :lol:

thanks , i was thinking this but didnt want to say it

and it doesnt matter hand picked or not , im definitely removing the dial and movment before i watertest it , im not stupid , lmao

or should i do it with the dial and movment ? hmmm i might should being he wants me to , what do i have to risk?

also i may trade one of mine , i ordered white dial and blue because i couldnt make up my mind which one i liked best , lol

also the BCE hasnt been watertested yet, but i did after i tightened things up and greased it up put it in the shower with me and soaped it down and drenched it in hot water and it came out shiney and fine

enjoy the hobby not the drama guys :thumbsupsmileyanim:

joe

Really not proving anything if you remove the movement is it? He's advertising it as watertight right out of the box. Opening it and sealing it properly defeats the purpose. If Angus has requested this test he should be prepared to replace the watch in case of failure no?

Really not proving anything if you remove the movement is it? He's advertising it as watertight right out of the box. Opening it and sealing it properly defeats the purpose. If Angus has requested this test he should be prepared to replace the watch in case of failure no?

I agree, to REALLY test it - I would say outta the box into the tester.

$.02

I thought he guaranteed the watch waterproof to 1000 meters. So I would certainly expect if it fails the test he'd replace it!