When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

45.5mm Eta Vs Asian Po Comparison Shot

slai

I picked up an Asian movement black PO and I'm pretty disappointed. I was expecting the cosmetics of the watch to be the same high quality as the Swiss version but it clearly isn't. The bezel insert and pearl are absolutely horrible. The black bezel pearl sticks out a fair bit from the rest of the bezel, and the green part actually extends above the metal ring and looks like someone just cut off the nub with a pair of tinsnips. Ugh.

This is the best shot I've been able to take with my point and shoot cam.

197688-2539.png

This is my Ultimate. The pearl looks like your cheap one, too.

[ig]http://pugwash.cat5.org/posts/omega/po45-08-640.jpg

This one is gen:

[ig]http://pugwash.cat5.org/posts/omega/po-07.jpg

I wonder if the pearl has a protective cover blob we're too stupid to remove on it. That would be rather sad, but somewhat relieving. Somehow I doubt it, though.

My ETA Ultimate looks pretty close to the gen - the green blob is recessed and it appears to have a clear flat layer above it. The Asian one has the metal ring protruding at least 1mm above the bezel, and the green blob sticking out about .5mm with a ridge across it. Basically my orange one has an innie and the black one has an outtie.

Hmmm...protective blob...I emailed Josh about it, hopefully he'll have a good response.

Edited by slai

good result, he sounds reliable :thumbsupsmileyanim:

better than my local jewellers who have just managed to loose my wife's engagement ring whilst sending it of to be cleaned!! :wounded1:

Yep, I guess I caught him at the right time...he was apologetic and responded really fast.

Amazing that they don't have an ultrasonic cleaning machine onsite. Friend of mine who just got his fiancee a monster ring invested in an ultrasonic machine at home just so the ring is never out of her sight. LOL.

Yep, I guess I caught him at the right time...he was apologetic and responded really fast.

Amazing that they don't have an ultrasonic cleaning machine onsite. Friend of mine who just got his fiancee a monster ring invested in an ultrasonic machine at home just so the ring is never out of her sight. LOL.

cool

i threw all my toys out of the pram, i can tell you :angry2:

it should all be sorted out in the next couple of days but it won't leave our sight again!

i should have bought her a replica ;)

Edited by tester

I have all 3 now...Black & White asian ultimate, 2006 dial swiss ultimate, and asian ultimate pumpkin, and they ALL have exactly the same case build, pearl included, and they are all on par with the IWC Inge as far as quality goes. Based on your pearl pic, I'd send it back because you clearly got screwed.