When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question Regarding Crown On Ultim Po 45.5 Mm

AMK000

I just got the ultimate (6th vers ???) 45.5 mm PO with ETA 2824-2

Watch looks good , bezel rotates ( bit stiff)...... but the crown ????

When the crown is fully screwed down, should touch the case or should stay 1 mm apart ????

See pics attached with the crown fully screwed down. (sorry a re bit blurry but my macro is not that good).

If you have a 45.5 mm with 2824-2 , how the crown sits on yours when fully screwed ???? (pls check fron and back view)

Many thanks in advance for your help.

AMK000

post-106-1170930375_thumb.jpg

post-106-1170930412_thumb.jpg

Mine and when fully screwed (......I played with diferrent angles to make sure that I properly position the crown before screwing down) it has that extra 1 mm to go. No way to get it tide (to touch) the case.

@PUG: By looking on my pics , what do you think ????

Is not the way should be , isn'it ???

Send that crap back!!! My first three from Andrew were perfect, but the 4th one had a busted crown. From all the recent posts, it looks like they have just started slopping these damn things together with no regard for whether or not it works.

DEALERS can you please address this with your factories / suppliers??? It is starting to look like getting a working Ult PO is becoming the exception instead of the rule.

It doesn't look like a problem. As long as you can screw it in and give it a few turns to lock it down, which it looks like you can do. Save your shipping money.

That depends if you want a watch that resembles a gen. On the gen, the crown closes to be flush with the case. On AMK's, the crown has enough gap to apparently push a thumbnail behind and touch the tube.

Anything that makes a rep more rep-like than advertised is a flaw and needs replacing.

Ok, this is a definitive answer. If your crown screws in like mine does in the photos below, your fine. This is what it's supposed to look like. If your crown looks like it's unscrewed a quarter-turn, then it's not fine and needs looking at or returning.

199835-1881.jpg

199835-1882.jpg

it's hard to tell with the blurry pics if his is the same as yours pug. a good sharp pic of amk's and we can tell. looks like the beveled section on his IS touching the case but the pics are fuzzy.

@ Pug: Thanks for the pics. Yours looks good. The crown on mine never went that far. It leaves that 1-1,5 mm gap before the watch case.

Even though my pics (shitty camera or shitty me who doesn't know how to take good pics with macro) ... what I was saying ?....ah .....yes..... in my blurry pics you can see still the gap.

@ff: thanks for your pics too.

Watch went back already (I only kept it for a day-in pastic).

20 USD for a register mai to CHN.  :angry:

The dealer (...if such dealers will ever exist) who will pay back the return postage fee of a defective watch returned...... according to my "Dealers Classification table", will immediately fall in the EXCELENT dealer category. So far none of our best dealers fall in to these category.   :(

I have also asked the dealer if all the latest POs have crown problems .... he refused it categoricaly.

Lets see how the replacement will be.

I will keep you posted here.

@ Pug: Thanks for the pics. Yours looks good. The crown on mine never went that far. It leaves that 1-1,5 mm gap before the watch case.

Even though my pics (shitty camera or shitty me who doesn't know how to take good pics with macro) ... what I was saying ?....ah .....yes..... in my blurry pics you can see still the gap.

@ff: thanks for your pics too.

Watch went back already (I only kept it for a day-in pastic).

20 USD for a register mai to CHN.  :angry:

The dealer (...if such dealers will ever exist) who will pay back the return postage fee of a defective watch returned...... according to my "Dealers Classification table", will immediately fall in the EXCELENT dealer category. So far none of our best dealers fall in to these category.   :(

I have also asked the dealer if all the latest POs have crown problems .... he refused it categoricaly.

Lets see how the replacement will be.

I will keep you posted here.

you already shipped it.... i was going to say if you were in the USA i'd shorten the stem for you free of charge so you can enjoy your watch.

My crown has the same big gap, but that's the least of my issues...

it runs +6 minutes a day and it stops nightly whether charged or not. flav, i tried msg'ing you but for some reason i can't on this board (and replicacollector is down or something). are these repairs something you'd consider attempting (for a price, of course)? i think my email should be visible. i'd love to get your opinion on course of action.

thanks!

My crown has the same big gap, but that's the least of my issues...

it runs +6 minutes a day and it stops nightly whether charged or not. flav, i tried msg'ing you but for some reason i can't on this board (and replicacollector is down or something). are these repairs something you'd consider attempting (for a price, of course)? i think my email should be visible. i'd love to get your opinion on course of action.

thanks!

If you can find a rep friendly watchsniths near you, you can try to see if he can fix the +6 min overrun and the crown problñem (the 

majority of the watchsmiths are not rep friendly).

Anyway , if you can find one, give it a try to see if can be fix

ed locally ... its allways better than sending the wtch back.

If the price of the repair , try to agree withg a dealer a discoun

t for a future purchase. Some they accept that.

If no such a watchsmith around or price too high ..... you are only left with one option.  Send it back.