When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"asian-eta 2813"

Rikske

So this is a picture of the so called "Asian ETA 2813" as presently offered in some Steelfish (Breitling) models.

Any idea how good (or bad?) it is as compared to the ETA 2824-2?

Simple answer? We don't know yet.

The Zigmeister is getting one very soon and will tell us all about it.

Unfortunately, this is not the movement that The Zigmeister is getting. I thought I recognized this movement when I saw it, as I had one in a canal street rep from years ago. Here is a picture of your movement as well as the one The Zigmeister is receiving. The one The Zigmeister is getting looks like an ETA 2836. This is a little disturbing that they are starting to call movements clones when they are nothing like the movement that they claim they are cloneing.

198721-2191.jpg198721-2192.jpg

My question concerns the movement as shown in Joshua's picture attached to my opening thread.

This movement looks similar to the one in your upper picture.

Your lower picture is an ETA 2824-2 or 2836-2 and not subject of this question.

Hope this clears the confusion a bit.

I understand The Zigmeister will not be able to examine the beast because not receiving the expected specimen.

Am I right?

Now I am confused myself again.

Ok, to help out, nobody has yet posted a photo of a genuine ETA movement. Everything you've seen so far is Asian and not ETA.

So this is a picture of the so called "Asian ETA 2813" as presently offered in some Steelfish (Breitling) models.

Any idea how good (or bad?) it is as compared to the ETA 2824-2?

The movement pictured in your photo doesn't look that good.

@Rikske,

To clear up the confusion regarding my post. The first picture is what I believe to be the movement you pictured in your original post. I do not believe it to be a clone of any eta design whatsoever. The second picture is of the movement that is currently on the way to The Zigmeister. It is an asian made movement that appears to be a copy of the eta 2836. We won't know how close it copies the eta design until The Zigmeister has the time to tear it apart and compare it to the ETA model.

Can you The Zigmeister or Pug comment/tell if these pics are showing a trully genuine ETA 2824

I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes, definitely gen.

This is the Noobmariner Asian movement:

198999-2139.jpg

This is the ETA 2836:

198999-2140.jpg

This is the ETA 2824:

198999-2141.jpg

These are all mine, so I can say with some certainty they are what they claim to be. :D

Can you Ziggy or Pug comment/tell if these pics are showing a trully genuine ETA 2824

(...so we can compare it with the hypothetical ETA clones)  ???

The Titoni is an ETA, probably a 2824-2, but Titoni also uses other ETa movements and the first two are definitely 2824's.

The 2813 is from the Seagull watch company over in China- you can see the "WO" under the balance wheel. I've got it in a few reps and they're doing OK. You can buy them from Ofrei for under $20. How long they'll last, who can say, but they are too cheap to fix- just put a new one in.

Olga's first pic also looks like the 2813, but it doesn't have the Seagull emblem.

And her second pic is of the 2836 clone that is being sent to Ziggy, like the one in River's new $99 Sub. The 2813 is not the same as the 2836 clone.

• 2 years later...