When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asia 2813

Rxus

So the dealers are offeinr ga great deal on both the Swiss movmt. and Asia movmt. on the Superocean Steelfish.

Looks like a nice watch, I imagine one of the veterans will come up with a nice review of the watch soon.

But my question is, the asia 2813 movement , anybody with experiance on this movement?

Ah much thanks, all these movements and their numbers, ive seen a few that seem "standard" issue for reps depending if chrono or not, but this one had me thinking maybe it was a not soo common movement, but previously used.

Again thank you Pugwash

This movement is made by PTSresources it's number is dg2813 and it has nothing to do with any ETA. The ETA 2813 is a 13 ligne 36000 bph movement. This movement is 11 1/2 ligne 28800 bph. It seems to be an update in which they increased the beat from 21600 to 28800. The older version was a relatively reliable movement based some what on the miyota 8215, although the rotor seems to have been changed. Again this movement has nothing to do with ETA. It is not even an attempted copy of any eta movement. The only thing it seems to share with the eta 2813 is the number 2813. After all the recent traffic about these movement descriptions, it is quite distressing that ETA should appear anywhere in an advertisment with this movement.

Interesting Olga, I look at the "WO" under the balance wheel and think that this movement is made by Seagull, and you're saying that it's made by PTS Resources. It seems like 6 months to a year ago when we were looking at the Seagull movements, the identifying feature was the WO under the balance wheel. I agree with everything else you're saying, but I'm not familiar w/ PTS. I look at the dg2813 in the www.ofrei.com/ catalog under watch materials/movements/chinese, but Ofrei doesn't really tell you much. Maybe you could explain this a little more for me. Thanks.

So far I have only seen one Seagull movement stamped, and that was a picture of a prototype that they had at basel. Check out cousins. Here is there link for chinese movements.

http://www.cousinsuk.com/default.aspx?disp=news

ST6DLM,ST6DM,CHST18M and CH1901M are all Seagull movements. Look at the pictures and you will see they are not stamped.

Here are the DG series that are from PTS Resources. Notice they all have that symbol. Check out also, how similar all the designs are.

199180-2124.jpg

Edited by olga

Thanks, Olga,

I guess at this point I'm going to have to quit calling the 2813 a Seagull movement and start referring to it as a PTS Resources movt. Do you know anything else about the company? The three movements that I have have all held up well. One of them I've had for over two years. The latest is in my Beginmariner from Josh. It's interesting how they copy the Rolex datewheel.

The CHST18M looks to me like the copy of the 2892 and even has the same hand sizes as the ETA and a relatively hefty price at close to $80US. And of course, the CH1901M is the Venus/Lemania copy movement which we're all familar with.

I appreciate you taking the time to share this stuff w/ me. I really enjoy the chance to learn new things about these watch movements and that's what makes this forum so much fun and a great place.

I guess at this point I'm going to have to quit calling the 2813 a Seagull movement and start referring to it as a PTS Resources movt.

This is what Angus had to say about the 2813 in the Superocean over on RWI:

it uses the MingZhu-2813 movement with 28.8k vph which is the best ETA-2836/ETA-2824 Asian replacement movement.

There are other 2813 movements like BeiJing-2813, DanDong-2813 but the MingZhu-2813 is the best among all of them.

Thanks Pug,

I went and had a look at Angus's superocean. The picture he took of the movement does in fact look like a clone of the eta2824. Actually it looks like the one sent to The Zigmeister to review. I have no problem at all calling that a clone from the looks of it. I hope Angus is right about it being a good copy. We should know soon enough. The one that I am refering to is the one on Joshes site that has this description "Asia Eta 2813 Automatic Movement 28800bph". Someone posted it in another thread on this site with a picture of the movement. I believe that is also the one alligoat is refering to, as it has that symbol stamped on it. I wish I had more information on the other factories Angus mentioned, but info on chinese movement makers is a little hard to come by.

alligoat, If your interested PTS has a website. Not alot of information, and very sporadic availability. But you might want to check it out anyway. www.ptsresources.com