When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean Bezel Construction

Pugwash

• 7 months later...

Hey Pug, just wanted to thank you for this post. It allowed me to take your tutorial one step further and remove and straighten the horribly crooked pearl on my black PO. Take apart guides like this give one the confidence to take on projects like this without the fear of surprises.

Thanks again mate!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great post. It did concern me though as I was about to buy this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400090879332&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_7559wt_1137

It looks as if this bezel on ebay has a much better positioned pearl and a better rep of the real thing (though the paint around the 20 does look a bit patchy, though I think that is just light reflections - what do you think?)

However, if the pearl is part of the bezel on the UPO that will cause problems fitting the above - unless the pearl can be sanded right down, or surely is it not just also glued in on the UPO and needs a bit of work to remove?

The one niggle that bothers me about my UPO is the pearl offset position in the bezel.

On that note, here are some pics of my UPO from Precious Time. Let me know your thoughts...

It would be great to understand what bits of mine should be addressed - also to get confirmation that the movement is Swiss

I have a rubber strap and the SS bracelet with the watch, though changing between the two is so hard I have just left on the SS. Strangely it looked smaller on the rubber and slightly cheaper; the SS finishes it off better in my mind. What do you think?

Thanks in advance

PS - sorry, my photos are terrible - I will try and take some better ones, but, it is hard to get reasonable pics.

post-10511-087202000 1285332322.jpg

post-10511-041388100 1285332331.jpg

post-10511-043354100 1285332335.jpg

Edited by glassreplica

• 1 year later...