When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Rep Spanking On 'risti

savage_here

yeah those guys are pretty harsh! keep them here please!

AMEN Flav....although brand new here, I have spent A LOT!!! of time on 'risti (mostly lurking) over the past few years, and those guys get rabid at the very mention (let alone flaunting) of reps…they’re the most knowledgeable and dedicated OEM PAM freaks in the WORLD, and they take their watches very seriously. I am forever indebted to them for the community they have created, but don’t mess with them when it comes to Reps…they have absolutely NO tolerance / sense of humor when it comes to these things...

Not a clever thing to do. VDB is an OK dude - but you're asking for it posting a 0581 case + that colour lume over there.

Lurking is OK (and a great way to learn more about PAMs) - even a comment (not on reps) is OK, but pics .... :thumbdown:

Some there do crossover to the dark side also ... :whistling:

Edited by bigbadbrad

Some there do crossover to the dark side also ... :whistling:

And it really made my blod boil mate...there's a particular RWI member that posts on both gen forum and RWI, trashing and bashing everyone that posts a rep related message on a gen forum while maintaining high spirits and glorifying reps at the same time on RWI... :thumbdown:

He knows who he is...and he's stupid enough to use the same name on gen and RWI forums but normally posts as 'anonymous' at the gen forum.

dodgy, IMO

babola

Here is another one trying to post a 005 replica as a gen - keep them here!! This is what this forum is for and be warned I am one of those people calling out reps on gen forums too - sorry that it makes your blood boil, but I think it is uncool to pass a replica for a genuine...that's not what our hobby is about, isn't it?

I agree though that bashing replica related messages on gen forums is uncalled for.....

here is the link to the 005 replica on timezone:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg...140#msg_2516778

Here is another one trying to post a 005 replica as a gen - keep them here!! This is what this forum is for and be warned I am one of those people calling out reps on gen forums too - sorry that it makes your blood boil, but I think it is uncool to pass a replica for a genuine...that's not what our hobby is about, isn't it?

I agree though that bashing replica related messages on gen forums is uncalled for.....

here is the link to the 005 replica on timezone:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg...140#msg_2516778

what an idiot :bangin:

it's not even a really good rep and he did not even put it on a good strap????

sigh...

If you're talking about Aquaracer, are you sure it's the same guy, as he says otherwise.

Hey how did I get thrown in here-

No I only have the Aquaracer screen name here and at RWI-

Any other posts are not by me. So i hope it's not ME that he's referring to.

And why would a rep owner blast other rep owners on a gen forum- doesn't make any sense

Hey how did I get thrown in here-

No I only have the Aquaracer screen name here and at RWI-

Any other posts are not by me. So i hope it's not ME that he's referring to.

And why would a rep owner blast other rep owners on a gen forum- doesn't make any sense

there is someone using the same handle on that site, which is probably the cause of the confusion

What's this guy talking about?

"you can also spot that it´s a fake if you take a closer look at the gap between the bezel edge and the case edge, it´s too big... and the finish of the movement plates..."

The movement fit and finish I get, but is he saying that the rep's bezel doesn't fit correctly or thatte case is too wide? Is this the 581 case problem everyone talks about...If so, I've never been able to see it w/ my eyes.

What's this guy talking about?

"you can also spot that it´s a fake if you take a closer look at the gap between the bezel edge and the case edge, it´s too big... and the finish of the movement plates..."

The movement fit and finish I get, but is he saying that the rep's bezel doesn't fit correctly or thatte case is too wide? Is this the 581 case problem everyone talks about...If so, I've never been able to see it w/ my eyes.

I have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about, so take this with a grain of salt, but if you’re looking at the watch face on, check out the amount of space (case) on the right hand side, between the edge of the bezel and the crown. On the rep, there’s a noticeable gap, on the gen, the bezel looks like it extends almost right up to the very edge of the case. I compared a lot of pics after reading, "you can also spot that it´s a fake if you take a closer look at the gap between the bezel edge and the case edge, it´s too big” for the first time, and although the difference is marginal, the bezel on the reps really does seem to be smaller (unless the case is bigger).

Regarding case 581, I’d imagine that if it’s a problem with this one, it’s a problem with all of them. David doesn’t seem to have the problem (as far as I can see) with his case 117.

I think one of us should go buy one of those really horrible Panerai tourbillon reps and post some photos on risti talking about how proud we are of our newly acquired super rare watch. Now here is the hook, we first tell a few people here to get ready to post on risti also raving about how great it is and suggesting straps like really bad red and yellow plastic ones. What do you think?

I think one of us should go buy one of those really horrible Panerai tourbillon reps and post some photos on risti talking about how proud we are of our newly acquired super rare watch. Now here is the hook, we first tell a few people here to get ready to post on risti also raving about how great it is and suggesting straps like really bad red and yellow plastic ones. What do you think?

@Dark

"What do I think?"...

I think you should come into the Light...

TT