When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"greg Stevens Crcazy Horse" Or "don's" Straps

kidxer

I preffer Greg's Primo Tan over his Crazy Horse. The latter is softer, but quite "busy" compared to stiff and 'flat' finish of the former. They both age very nicely, and with one application of mink oil on Primo Tan you'll get a strap that's "out of this world".

Greg's straps are thicker than Don's in average...so choose carefully, and suitable to occasion.

Don's new California Tan is my fav...although in general they're a class under Greg's, IMO.

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola

For the style of strap you are looking for the MP or Greg Stevens are about the best you will find. Thick, luxurious and a beautiful patina. The MP you can have overnight if you want, the Greg strap will take 6 weeks minimum, but either way you will be happy. Do what I did and get a few of both.

Greg straps over Don straps in a landslide. But then you can get 3 Dons for the price of a single Greg. Just don't get a Greg AND a Don because the Don will never see any wrist time. Also check out www.vintagerstraps.com for Greg-like straps. Micah makes 'em out of gorgeous hides that are thick yet pliable and comfy (like the Greg Crazy Horse). They're basically Greg straps with different choices of leather and a slightly lower price tag. I have a Carrier and will be getting a Copperplate in the near future.... The strap fetish is worse than the PAM fetish I tell you!!!

I've got a Greg Crazy Horse and Historic Brown and owned a few DON straps too. Greg's are much thicker and more expensive, DON's are great value for money. Try DON's limited editions - the tobacco lambskin one in particular is a lovely strap.

Can't go wrong with either really, depends on your preference, budget and patience (Greg's are hand made to order).

I'm looking for a chunky historic strap to put on a 44mm PAM. Does anyone here have experience with either of "Greg Stevens Crcazy Horse" or "Don's" straps? Or preferably both??

Your thoughts would be appreciated. :victory:

Thanks

Shane Delaurian makes some of the best custom straps for any watch. www.delaurian.com they take about 4-5 weeks and are not cheap-but they are worth the time and wait.