When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Geography Lessons In America

jonthebhoy

I'd find this map funny if I didn't still meet many rednecks who think that the world revolves around the USA.

The culture, civilization, legal system, free economy and language was transported there from Europe just a while ago. For some weird reason lots of Lukes and Bubbas somehow visualize that these great things are all invented in the US... in a country that's just a few hundred years old for Chrissakes!!! I find that almost hilarious.

Nothing against America though... great country. I just despise the arrogant rednecks (regardless of their nationality).

They are the same people that voted for and support King Bush. :victory:

Edited by Torques

Well, I'm an American and I found it funny. I guess you could call me a Redneck, too, because I live in North Carolina (Southeast US). Most political humor, no matter what the subject line is or can be funny if you're open minded. There are a few humoristic cartoons that don't make the grade, like the cartoon of this Muslim character Mohammad. Good grief those morons went on a killing rampage over it. Well, Valley Girl "Duh's" to them! Got one on Bush? How about Clinton? Bring'em on, I think they're hysterical.

Tim

@eddhead: I think you're a bit too sensitive. Take a virtual Kleenex here mate...

The initial joke was apparently directed at the uneducated Americans. If it was directed at uneducated Europeans I would have responded accordingly. If you think that I was calling Americans generally dumb you need to work on your reading comprehension problem. And I don't find the name "Bubba" offensive at all. The British equivalent would be "Butcher Sam". :lol:

202459-1352.jpg

Well, I'm an American and I found it funny. I guess you could call me a Redneck, too, because I live in North Carolina (Southeast US). Most political humor, no matter what the subject line is or can be funny if you're open minded. There are a few humoristic cartoons that don't make the grade, like the cartoon of this Muslim character Mohammad. Good grief those morons went on a killing rampage over it. Well, Valley Girl "Duh's" to them! Got one on Bush? How about Clinton? Bring'em on, I think they're hysterical.

Tim

the joke WAS funny. anything said in good humor should be taken that way. my response was not directed toward the joke but toward the commentary that followed. And yes, I probably over reacted... a bit

See? I KNEW there was a joke in there, Nanuq! :)

I love you guys.

BTW, I loved that map too.. And I love people with self irony :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (I hope I am right, that is what it says on main forum page)

OK I AM DONE!!!!!

Watch who yer agrrein' with thar bubba. I'm not sew sure his maths add up.

Who gots a calculater? :g:

Yeah I know... werk on Fridey, warshen on Sardey, church on Sundey. If your not from the south, your from the nawth, etc.

Hey, turn on the tayvay for the futbawl game! :lol:

Yeah I know... werk on Fridey, warshen on Sardey, church on Sundey. If your not from the south, your from the nawth, etc.

Hey, turn on the tayvay for the futbawl game! :lol:

LOL That is funny. I am from about as far south as you can get and I actually have to go north to hear people talk like that. SO I guess generally speaking the "Bubba" Language is not directly related to the south.

Have I seen you in "The shortest thread ever"-thread :g: People ALWAYS say this will be their final reply there... :lol:

well, i hope you are not suggesting that we start another shortest thread post here... :whistling:

well, growing up in the east, which we all know is above reproach, i didn't learn about the differences in the south until i joined the army. There are still people from the south who would bear arms and rise up against the north if they had the chance. They are still plenty [censored] off about the civil war. Upon arriving at a college infested with canadians, i also learned they are not our "little buddies up north," rather they harbout immense comtempt for Americans. I have not been to europe but do realize it to be the foundation for all we hold dear about our society. We just took it a step further.