When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

45mm Planet Ocean

andreww

I take it that you relumed the pearl? How difficult was the pearl cup to remove from the bezel? I assume its just glued in?

The pearl was on tight with lots of glue, I put the bezel in the oven at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes then it came off easily. Then you push the glass bit out from the back with a pin. Don't bother trying to re-glue the glass, It's waaaaaaaaaay too small to mess with. After applying lume, I used some clear automotive touch up paint to re glaze the pearl (apply several coats, then scrape it level with a razor and polish) Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great watch. I just got mine today. One thing....the bottom of the crown on mine does not sit flush or touch the case when fully screwed in. Viewed from the back, there's pretty much a full millimeter of space between the crown and the case. Is this the case with any of your 45 POs? I'm concerned because it could be letting in unhealthy amounts of dirt and moisture.

ezwatch>>

The crown problem is a well known issue.

Talk to your dealer if you want an exchange.

Thanks, I did some digging and saw the other threads. To be honest, I don't mind the slight protrusion aesthetically. I'm only worried about the moisture and dust thing. Any opinions on whether it's worth a return based solely on that?

Basically, this is what rep collecting has been all along... accept certain flaws and QC issues... until the unrealistic exceptations ie. "analism" started. :lol:

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Well said !! :victory:

This just arrived yesterday and I thought I'd show it off. The bracelet was a [censored] to size, and I actually broke a pin in my attempt to do so. I took it to a jeweler who worked his magic. 5 minutes and $5 later it was on my wrist! The only issue is that the pearl is not sitting flat, but because the logo is straight, the crown screws down smoothly, and it is dead on to the second after 24 hours, I'm not that worried about it.

212165-16427.jpg

212165-16428.jpg

212165-16429.jpg

212165-16430.jpg

Great pics. Can I ask how big your wrist is? Mine is about 7 inches and I am not sure if I should stick with the 42 or go for the 45. There are no dealers within an hour of me so I can't even go and try them on. Also, does the rubber strap that fits on the 45 that bond wore also available for the 42? That might be a determining factor since I would want that rubber strap.

Great pics. Can I ask how big your wrist is? Mine is about 7 inches and I am not sure if I should stick with the 42 or go for the 45. There are no dealers within an hour of me so I can't even go and try them on. Also, does the rubber strap that fits on the 45 that bond wore also available for the 42? That might be a determining factor since I would want that rubber strap.

My wrist is 6.75", I have a 42 and a 45mm version, and am definitely liking the 45 better!

The rubber strap is available for the Planet Ocean 42mm, but, you will likely have to go to ofrei.com to order it. The 20mm resin Seamaster strap is quite readily available, but this has several differences to the strap for the Planet Ocean (different shape of notch holes, different spring pin placement, and does not have the words Planet Ocean on the inside, only Seamaster) As a result, although the Seamaster strap can be fitted to the Planet Ocean, the ends of the strap will not fit properly in the Planet Ocean lugs, and will gape away from the case when the strap is tightened. The differences between the two straps are quite noticeable when you know what you are looking for.

Omega Seamaster Strap:

213323-16222.jpg

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Strap:

213323-16223.jpg

regarding the crown sticking out a millimeter problem....my dealer told me to put a dash of lubricant on it and turn harder, after which it should go down. I already turned it pretty hard to get it where it is, and I'm afraid to do damage. Any thoughts on this suggestion?

regarding the crown sticking out a millimeter problem....my dealer told me to put a dash of lubricant on it and turn harder, after which it should go down. I already turned it pretty hard to get it where it is, and I'm afraid to do damage. Any thoughts on this suggestion?

I really think that is a bad idea. The threads on these things a small, and its not going to take much to strip them. IMO, the stem is likely too long and needs to be shortened. Easy check is to remove the movement and see how well the crown works with the empty case. If it screws down nicely, you know the stem is too long.

Yeah that makes more sense. I can't help but feel I'm getting the brush off from my dealer, especially since it's a well-known issue. Oh well, hopefully it's something I can do myself.

Well, my crown threads finally gave out completely on Friday. I've sent Andrew 2 PMs about it but haven't heard back. I decided to shorten the stem, but as I was trying to remove the crown, the stem snapped in half. [censored]. Anyway, after spending most of the weekend fabricating a sleeve to repair the stem, and shortening it to the perfect length, all is well. Except that I should probably shave about 1.5 mm off the crown tube, but I wont do that till I hear if Andrew will send a new crown/stem.