When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Coming out of the shadows

Technically already made my first posts today in the Omega forum, but I figured if I'm going to come out of the shadows after lurking for a month I may as well announce it!

Gotta say this place is an incredible resource and wealth of information and (mostly) friendly responses. I came across this forum while trying to learn about mechanical watches after I decided that as a mechanical engineer I should stop strapping quartz to my wrist and move on to something more personal and visceral. The result of my initially breif edification has been spending far more time here learning more about timepieces than I would ever have expected.

Definitely gearing up for a new purchase and hoping this doesn't become yet another expensive hobby of the "just one more will be enough..." sort.

Catch you all around.

-Dave

P.S. Kilnk's intro email is ridiculously helpful. I didn't even notice I had received it until after spending 2 weeks here trying to corral all the information that was already compiled and waiting for me. Doh! So the rest of you newbs, check your inbox.

Welcome fellow engineer. I say that although I'm non-practicing. I couldn't engineer my way out of a paper bag now. If you are like me you will really enjoy learning about all the movements.

Oh, and don't worry about this turning into another expensive habit and you spending all your money. It will and you will.

Cheers,

CM