When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ot : Do You Think It Is Kinda Of Over The Top To Drive A Bmw ?

wadan

Hi Mates ,

Please help me out on this ,,, I am about to buy a new car ,

Knowing that they booth cost exactly the same ,

I have 2 choices Either the new Passat 2007 or BMW 3 Series “ I got a very good deal on a brand new 2006 old stock “ :victory:

My only concern towards the BMW is that it my be over stated or Flashy , do you think it is ?

Or shall I go with the understated but plane Passat ?

Thanks in advance for your responses and opinions

Cheers :victory:

That's kinda funny, when I bought my 3 series I thought it was totally anonymous. (My first non -sports car-) But, in a word; No.

Just a nice passenger car, not very expensive (relative) and not a goddamn truck with leather seats.

Buy it if you like it. I personally like the new Audi's over the latest Bangle-bodied BMWs, but a 3 series is not a flashy car by any means. They handle great and are very reliable. And resale value is very good.

Hi Mates ,

Please help me out on this ,,, I am about to buy a new car ,

Knowing that they booth cost exactly the same ,

I have 2 choices Either the new Passat 2007 or BMW 3 Series “ I got a very good deal on a brand new 2006 old stock “ :victory:

My only concern towards the BMW is that it my be over stated or Flashy , do you think it is ?

Or shall I go with the understated but plane Passat ?

Thanks in advance for your responses and opinions

Cheers :victory:

Get a vintage tourbilion + minute repeater...and you'll never come asking here for car advice. :p

Wise man said..."If you have it, flaunt it!"

I'm not a huge BMW fan. The Passat might be nice. I just had an 2007 Audi A4 loaner while my TT was in for service. It was a REALLY sweet ride. I was very impressed with it, but I was glad to get my TT back.. I like the sports car thing a bit more than the luxury car thing.

If your BMW is the previous version (you talk about old 2006 stock) forget about it... even you get a fair price you will lose lot of money when reselling. Passat 2007 is a very good car (I have a couple of friends who bought it) and in my view, at list in Spain, is not "plain" car, but very well equipped. Nevertheless, regarding quality, BMW is two steps ahead from VW.

BMW is two steps ahead from VW.

I wouldn't put money on that.......I had a 750iL.....( how appropriate that moniker was "0iL".....it sure drank enough refined oil..).......the fargin' talking diagnostics used to bug the life out of me....."boing".....rear tailight failed...!.....eh NO.........."boing".......front headlamp failed.....eh NO......'boing" ....left rear tyre pressure low.....eh NO.......fargin' thing drove me mental.......plus......when it got about 50k on it......the clang from the starter motor....when firing up.....it sounded like a 250,000 mile Trabant........POS.......I would buy another tho'.....:D

Don't be daft why not dabble in a Daf.

If it's a shaggin wagon yer after............here's the very thing.

If I remember correctly, their advertising campaign in Glasgow went along these lines.......

"Wimmins knickers fall aff at the sight of a Daf."

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "giving her a little extra choke".

204505-833.jpg

JTB

In my neighborhood the 3 series Bimmer is known as the "TrixieMobile". You see too many of these.

Trixies are female recent university grads, sorority girls who talk alike (ohmigoddd!) and act really entitled.

In light of this, how about an Infiniti G5? Great sedan, in your price range.

In my neighborhood the 3 series Bimmer is known as the "TrixieMobile". You see too many of these.

Trixies are female recent university grads, sorority girls who talk alike (ohmigoddd!) and act really entitled.

In light of this, how about an Infiniti G5? Great sedan, in your price range.

I second the motion for the 2007 G35 (Aka the Nissan Skyline sedan). It will outperform any 3-Series, except the twin-turbo 335i, which will cost you $8-$10K more.

I'm coming out of a BMW 540i...It's a great car to drive, but was not very reliable, and was very expensive to maintain. I think that BMW now features a 4 yr, full maintainance warranty. Here in the US, the warranty is necessary in order to compete with the Japanese luxury brands.

I second the motion for the 2007 G35 (Aka the Nissan Skyline sedan). It will outperform any 3-Series, except the twin-turbo 335i, which will cost you $8-$10K more.

Once again ... UK? :blink:

I am actually rereading the post and he asked for a choice between two cars and everyone seems to be sugegsting two different cars, one of which isn't even available in his country. :Jumpy:

Once again ... UK? :blink:

I am actually rereading the post and he asked for a choice between two cars and everyone seems to be sugegsting two different cars, one of which isn't even available in his country. :Jumpy:

Sorry... I must have missed where he said where he was from (although the opening "Mates" should have been clue enough).

I'm just suggesting a car that I found (after much research) to be a better value than the bimmer...

The only problem with the 3 series, you have to take the 3 owners bad driving test here in the UK, this includes, using the wrong lane, double parking, disabled parking access, and roundabout carving.

Do yourself a favour buy the Daf with Variomatic gearbox!!

I would probably go for the Passat personally.

Cheers Johnkaz. :bicycle:

Sorry... I must have missed where he said where he was from (although the opening "Mates" should have been clue enough).

That could have been Aussie, as well. The clue to me was the User's Local Time bit under the avatar. Yes, I realise the world would be a better place, especially if you're asking regional questions about buying reps, if everyone were to fill in their locations, but people generally treat that field as a joke for some reason. :blink:

That could have been Aussie, as well. The clue to me was the User's Local Time bit under the avatar. Yes, I realise the world would be a better place, especially if you're asking regional questions about buying reps, if everyone were to fill in their locations, but people generally treat that field as a joke for some reason. :blink:

It's not really my responsibility to determine where the question is coming from, nor whether said market has access to fine Nissan/Infiniti products. I'm just suggesting a great alternative to the BMW 3-Series. 'Nuff said...

204710-750.jpg

Edited by avitt

It's not really my responsibility to determine where the question is coming from, nor whether said market has access to fine Nissan/Infiniti products. I'm just suggesting a great alternative to the BMW 3-Series. 'Nuff said...

A great alternative ... for you.