When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most Accurate Reps

The poll at the end of last year produced the following results -

The Most Accurate Rep Of 2006

1 - (25.93%) OMEGA PLANET OCEAN

2 - (22.22%) IWC Ingenieur

3 - (20.99%) Tag Heuer Link Chrono

4 - (12.35%) Omega Seamaster Chrono

5 - ( 4.94%) Franck Muller Conquistador

6 - ( 3.70%) PAM 050

7 = ( 2.47%) Breitling Bentley GT, IWC Flieger Chrono, Omega Seamaster Pro, Tag Heuer Link

This was before the super reps (HBB, APROO, BCE etc) appeared at the start of 2007

Is the jury(s) still out on this one or does anyone yet know which is the most accurate of the 2007 releases and what are the flaws...if any

I'm recently back after working away for a while so apologies if my research on this isn't up to scratch...so no reaming please if I've missed something...

Thanks for that one Epoch and Fitmic.

Watched the topics and discussions about perfect reps for a long time and hadn't heard that one mentioned before.

I've followed all the advice on the forums and have chosen my dealer before choosing my first reps.

Ordered three so far but hadn't considered the Omega Constellation Double Eagle.

Do you have one and can you suggest a source coz my chosen dealer doesn't have one.

Very simple answer here. The most accurate rep is the one you wear with the most confidence. What do I mean?

I have a good job, dress well, and take good care of myself. I don't look out of place with a Rolex on my wrist. I have a history and a story behind wearing my other two reps. I could afford two or three gens as well. So, I've never been called out.

Take the exact watch off my wrist and put it on a friend of mine's and he'll get called out every turn he makes.

So in short:

Most accurate rep: When you wear the watch.

Least accurate rep: When the watch wears you.

JF

dito :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

May not be the most favorite rep out there but by far the most accurate rep is the Omega Constellation Double Eagle.

It is the one with display caseback?? May be accurate from the front, but not if you hand it over for "inspection"... The good old vintage Connies trades for about the price of two good reps and is excellent used buys! :)

In the previous thread about the most accurate replica, I raised the voice for the regular Tag Heuer Link, in place of the Chrono version.. The regular Link uses the stock ETA datewheel.. Just as the rep. Thereby you avoid the slightly off datewheel of the Chronograph replica.. :victory: But, the regular Link has never gained the fame of the chrono version.. :)

It is the one with display caseback?? May be accurate from the front, but not if you hand it over for "inspection"... The good old vintage Connies trades for about the price of two good reps and is excellent used buys!

No, I am making reference to the solid caseback. I actually did a review of the watch and By-Tor has a link to it. I own one and let a friend who has the same version, but gen put it on. He could not tell the difference. TMK, it is still one of the most accurate reps.

• 1 month later...
Is the jury(s) still out on this one or does anyone yet know which is the most accurate of the 2007 releases and what are the flaws...if any

From recent posts it appears that the accuracy of the SMP is getting worse (flat waves, missing 3 hour mark, screws instead of pins, HEV position) and the SMP should in my opinion be no longer in our top list.

I hear very positive opinions on the HBB, TH Carrera and the new IWC Pilot.

I found out that the grey color TH Link Chrono has either a flaw that has not been noticed by most people yet or TH has changed the color of the dial recently and our rep is moddeled after an old version. See http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;hl=mushroom.

(I compared my rep to a gen at the AD and the gen seems to be partly silver and partly mushroom while on the rep it all has the same mushroom color). I don't know about the blue version. Seems to be pretty accurate from pics that I've seen of reps compared to a gen at the AD.

I wouldn't mind to see a first quarter update of the top 10. Maybe we can update it every 3 or 6 months?

Get a list going, where people can add, remove and debate as they feel fit to do so.

To start in no Particular order

- Tag Carrera Chrono

- Ferrari series

- Breitling Chronomat Evolution

- Breitling Steelfish

- Hublot Big Bang (was that this year?)

- IWC Pilot

Just throwing in the Plain Jane non-date Rolex Air-King and my favourite the non-chrono Link.. :-)

Simple watches, which are not the most popular replicas, but very very close to the gens.

The Link Chrono is beautiful, but odd, slightly non-aligned datefont and the 'cheap' feeling of the Asian 7750 when you set time and date lets it down. Both of these flaws can be fixed if you install a gen ETA7750.

PO is another true beauty, with nice and smooth ETA. In my mind it is only the pearl which is a tiny bit off.