When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Urgent...payment Cancelled

dude82

HI,

To begin i had ordered a watch from eddie around the begining of the year and due to custom problems he was unable to ship the watch through to me. Now on the 14th of February he refunded my payment which was supposed to get cleared today and on checking my paypal it came to my notice that the status is cancelled. On emailing eddie, he responded back saying that his account has been frozen and he is unable to send or recieve payments. He told me to talk to paypal and when i spoke to them they told me that there was nothing i could to about as there was nothing wrong at my end, and that even when the issue got resolved the money would be routed back to the sender and he will have to issue me a fresh payment. The transaction is ineligible for the seller transcation policy and there is no way i can claim it from visa or the bank. Also, paypal told me that there is no point in filing a dispute as its his account thats frozen and unless that gets resolved nothing can happen. Could someone please help me out tell me what to do here, the amount is about $1450 and i need the money very badly...please guide me what to do.

Thanks,

iD

All you can do at this point is get with Eddie. Hopefully he will be able to work something out w/ Paypal and get your money back from them and resend it to you in another manner (WU, Moneybookers, check or whatever). Most of the dealers here are having problems with Paypal and are no longer using it. Paypal won't allow payment for counterfeit merchandise and has apparently figured out who some of the replica watch dealers are and is making things hard for them. I figure it's none of Paypals business what we're buying, but I guess they're playing by the Golden Rule. Since they've got your gold, they make the rules. Just one more reason why Paypal sucks!

All you can do at this point is get with Eddie. Hopefully he will be able to work something out w/ Paypal and get your money back from them and resend it to you in another manner (WU, Moneybookers, check or whatever). Most of the dealers here are having problems with Paypal and are no longer using it. Paypal won't allow payment for counterfeit merchandise and has apparently figured out who some of the replica watch dealers are and is making things hard for them. I figure it's none of Paypals business what we're buying, but I guess they're playing by the Golden Rule. Since they've got your gold, they make the rules. Just one more reason why Paypal sucks!

Thanks for your response. I told the eddie the same thing but he keeps on telling me to claim through visa or my bank. But how can i claim something that did not go through me and anyways the transaction was not eligible for seller protection. Please tell me how do i explain this to him.

Thanks,

iD

Really is a tough situation. Its not like Eddie has the cash in his pocket, thus probably couldn't refund it to you even if he wanted to. When his account is unlocked, if it ever is, I would expect him to pay up, but really I don't see any resolution besides Eddie splitting the loss with you. I see that Eddie is no longer dealing under the "Eddie Lee" name, so, like when a business goes belly up, you may just be a casualty of the situation.

I'm really sorry dude.

you can do nothing

EL can do also nothing

3 possibilities

1. pp will make EL´s account free soon (if EL accpet all rules and get him his identity) and you get your money from pp.

2. pp will get EL´s money back (law say after 6 month)

3. EL don´t get your money back and you lost $1.450

i had sometime same problems. Poeple from ebay purchased items from me and send me money via paypal. I send the item and after 1 week, paypal remove the money from my account, because the account from buyer is frozen. I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING AND CAN DO ANYTING. I have no item and no money :black_eye:

pp is the biggest fraud on internet.

you can do nothing

EL can do also nothing

3 possibilities

1. pp will make EL´s account free soon (if EL accpet all rules and get him his identity) and you get your money from pp.

2. pp will get EL´s money back (law say after 6 month)

3. EL don´t get your money back and you lost $1.450

i had sometime same problems. Poeple from ebay purchased items from me and send me money via paypal. I send the item and after 1 week, paypal remove the money from my account, because the account from buyer is frozen. I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING AND CAN DO ANYTING. I have no item and no money :black_eye:

pp is the biggest fraud on internet.

First of all, based on my (15+) transactions w/ eddie, including the 18k muller, there is no way in hell he's going to steal 1500 bucks from you. My guess is that he'll send another watch through. If you are in the EU, you should discuss with him the alternate method he sometimes uses. If you no longer want the watch, my guess is that you'll have to wait for his PP issues to be resolved. Either way, I'd be 100% sure you will get your money or a watch as soon as it can be done.

BTW, $1450 is a great single unit price on the Muller, which is the most accurate rep made IMO.

First of all, based on my (15+) transactions w/ eddie, including the 18k muller, there is no way in hell he's going to steal 1500 bucks from you. My guess is that he'll send another watch through. If you are in the EU, you should discuss with him the alternate method he sometimes uses. If you no longer want the watch, my guess is that you'll have to wait for his PP issues to be resolved. Either way, I'd be 100% sure you will get your money or a watch as soon as it can be done.

BTW, $1450 is a great single unit price on the Muller, which is the most accurate rep made IMO.

archibald

why you use this post directly as answer of my post?

i have never say, that EL will steal his money... i am sure EL is a very good person and a nice dealer. But either EL or he will get they money back from pp, or one of both lost $1.450.

As others have said, there doesn't seem to be a great deal that can be done unless PayPal releases EL's account or EL can send another watch.

This is a very ugly situation :yuk: It doesn't seem right that PayPal is able to attach and freeze someone's money because they don't like the business they are in. PayPal isn't a law enforcement agency so,how can this be done legally without a court order? I sincerely hope that this mess ends in a satisfactory resolution for you.

archibald

why you use this post directly as answer of my post?

i have never say, that EL will steal his money... i am sure EL is a very good person and a nice dealer. But either EL or he will get they money back from pp, or one of both lost $1.450.

No implication intended. I just hit the reply button after I read your post.

Most accurate rep huh? I'd much rather

A) Get the Ultimate PO and have $1200 cash in my pocket

or

B) Get a used gen PO <---much more accurate :whistling:

Accuracy is objective. Taste and/or lack of it, thankfully, is not.

So, yeah, your cash flow problems notwithstanding, the Muller is more accurate than the 45mm PO, since there are no HE position, logo placement, hands, non-coaxial movement, and sub-genuine fit and finish problems on the Muller. Plus, once you subtract the price of the gold which you can always melt down if you get hard up, it's about the same price as the ultimate PO.

As others have said, there doesn't seem to be a great deal that can be done unless PayPal releases EL's account or EL can send another watch.

This is a very ugly situation :yuk: It doesn't seem right that PayPal is able to attach and freeze someone's money because they don't like the business they are in. PayPal isn't a law enforcement agency so,how can this be done legally without a court order? I sincerely hope that this mess ends in a satisfactory resolution for you.

I agree with jdavis and would think that a letter from a lawyer on Eddie's behalf would get Paypal off high center. All he's trying to do is refund you your money. I would have to think that legally Paypal has no right to your money. Paypal may have other issues w/ Eddie's account, but that doesn't mean they are the judge, jury and executioneer. The money belongs to you (or Eddie) and not Paypal. BTW, Paypal is invloved in numerous class action lawsuits because of such practices as this. I guess it's time to google "Paypal Lawsuits".