When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Purchase, A Red Sub...

Omega

So its more than 80% of the total weigth gen.........so me and Pug WINS!!!!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Come on, it's 100% gen. You know it's 100% gen. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Follow your gut and it'll serve you well. The moment you see a gen case and datewheel, you can be certain that the movement is gen. The only question is the dial. Is it a redial to make it more valuable? In this case, no, because everything else fits together so well.

Besides, if the case is gen and the movement is gen, it can have an UbiAriner dial and still be counted as gen, even if it's not a real red Sub.

Not that this isn't a real red Sub, of course. You know it's a real red Sub.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that if this is a modded rep... It's a) taken a lot of genuine parts out of circulation :lol: and B) cost far more than any 'sane' individual would spend on modding a rep to actually build.

Consider that the dial, crown/tube and insert purchased a la carte could buy 6 or 7 complete, brand new MBW's... Now factor in the other parts like the 93150, etc. and the initial buy in.... Do the math and ask yourself if you would logically spend that kind of money on a rep...

I say gen. If it's a rep, then I am VERY impressed!

The Dial definetly is not gen. Look at the ROLEX text, the spacing would have to be a lot bigger.

Also...the crown is fairly inaccurate.

Come on, it's 100% gen. You know it's 100% gen. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Follow your gut and it'll serve you well. The moment you see a gen case and datewheel, you can be certain that the movement is gen. The only question is the dial. Is it a redial to make it more valuable? In this case, no, because everything else fits together so well.

Besides, if the case is gen and the movement is gen, it can have an UbiAriner dial and still be counted as gen, even if it's not a real red Sub.

Not that this isn't a real red Sub, of course. You know it's a real red Sub.

I agree 100% with you Pug!.....as for the things that Randy say...he is making a point!

There is absolutely dial printing variations. There were 3 dial makers at the time making dials for rolex.

Stern, Bey and Singer. Each with differences in manufacturing, printing, etc.

That's what I thought. I was wondering why FlipLockBuckle was saying they ALL look like that particular watch........

Therein lies the problem. One can't just assume that because a dial (or other specific part) doesn't match a specific picture that it is automatically a fake. If that were the case, then the Single Red 1665 would be cast out as a fugazzi. Same with Rails and other dial variations. There are four, yes, FOUR tritium dial variations for the 1665 DRSD, and three for the white. My comments and opinions stem from studying the brand as well as having had the benefit of experiencing a good portion of these goodies in my hand. There's nothing like first hand experience...

And the winner is... :1a:

...i dissolve it:

It's a genuine 1680 with all original parts from 1973!

Serial is 38xxxxxx.

1570 non quick set movement.

Silver flat top date wheel (only 26 is closed).

The date magnification is to small, because the crystal has been polished a few times...

Thats all to say about this beauty.

Bit scary how many people got so many things wrong here, I wonder how times a gen Rolex on eBay has been called out as rep and been reported and removed.

You've got to remember where you are...We naturally assume it's a replica. The stats would have been reversed for the same post on Timezone.

Edited by avitt

Bit scary how many people got so many things wrong here, I wonder how times a gen Rolex on eBay has been called out as rep and been reported and removed.

That's right my friend. We are going with searching flaws to far in the subject, that we only imagine themselves!

As this time the perfection was not like today, every dial or datewheel etc. was handmade and thats because this pieces get expensive:

Cause they are unique...