When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How can I open the back case of this watch ?

Stephane

I can see anything that would allow you to unscrew it so yes it looks like a case knife would be the right tool :)

Thanks Davey.

You say unscrew ? Do I simply put the knife and lift the case back or ...do I have to unscrew with another tool first.

Sorry for my ignorance but I only opened Rolexes and Pams cases so far....

Cheers

Stephane

I can't see any notches on the caseback, so just press the knife in there and gently lift up. Work your way around doing this and the caseback should eventually pop off.

I don't know how the they achieve any water resistrance this way, but c'est la vie!

I can't see any notches on the caseback, so just press the knife in there and gently lift up. Work your way around doing this and the caseback should eventually pop off.

I don't know how the they achieve any water resistrance this way, but c'est la vie!

Hmmm, yeah you're right...they sell it for 50 M though.

So what you say guys is use the knife and lift the thing...no problem but how do I press the case back in ???

If I do it like the troll (with hammer) I will break the crystal ?

If I do it with my thumbs it will never be "oyster closed"!

Don't I need a "press tool" ?

More shots of the case back

209940-16951.jpg

209940-16951.jpg

I`m trying to understand here so enlighten me.

You have absolutely no idea how to open a watchback?

You have absolutely no idea what tool to use?

You have absolutely no idea how to close the case?

You want to regulate your movement?

I find this really funny.

Before all these actions and questions i would go over to repair section and do a lot of reading.

The Zigmeister and Edge have made some excellent tutorials wich you really need.

Good luck.

I got almost all of my tools from birdman.

He sells on this board and has good quality.

@ retep

Well what can I say to you Retep. Don't be that rude to newbies, specially when you don't know them.

Newbies are the future experts.

That is how life goes.

John Lennon said something like this "learn from the master, get better than the master, shoot the master".

Were you an expert 5 years ago ?

Anyways, let's be concreet:

I opened all my watches so far because I have discovered what the right tool was for them.

For this one I cannot use any of the Rolex ones of course and the Jaxa doesn't do it either.

So, instead of taking the desicion of opening it with a knife (even as nice as Bergeon) and get deep scratches and eventually not be able of closing it back, I thought I might ask for your advices.

I read the threads here for around 5 weeks, with an average of 3 to 5 hours a day (yup, I'm very motivated in being an old newbie one day).

I already sent a watch to Ziggy that you mention in your reply, which shows I "discovered Ziggy on the board" .

So yes, I'm a newbie, and yes I did regulate all my Rolex and Pam so far myself (2836/7750).

In this case, I couldn't find a more secure way of doing thing about that watch but ask the board.

Hope this reply will show you that I didn't want to [censored] anyone off but only wanted to make sure I wouldn't ruin one of my watches case.

I sincerely hope that you will come back to me with some tips.

Cheers

Stephane

PS: thanks for Birdman's reference. I ordered some tool from him a couple of days ago, and, for sure, will order more from him once we've established a good relationship, which I'm sure will be the case.

@ alligoat: thanks for your advice.

@Stephane

In which part of my post did you find me being rude towards you?

Could you please re-read your own post again and try to see the humour in it, just as i did.

Tjeeesh lighten up.

I would have liked to use a lot of smiley`s so you would know it`s just good fun but the proxy site i`m on right now doesn`t allow me to use those.

so here you go :) :) :) :)

edit to say; WTF i just typed a sms smiley and it became one. :)

@ retep

Well what can I say to you Retep. Don't be that rude to newbies, specially when you don't know them.

Newbies are the future experts.

That is how life goes.

John Lennon said something like this "learn from the master, get better than the master, shoot the master".

Were you an expert 5 years ago ?

Anyways, let's be concreet:

I opened all my watches so far because I have discovered what the right tool was for them.

For this one I cannot use any of the Rolex ones of course and the Jaxa doesn't do it either.

So, instead of taking the desicion of opening it with a knife (even as nice as Bergeon) and get deep scratches and eventually not be able of closing it back, I thought I might ask for your advices.

I read the threads here for around 5 weeks, with an average of 3 to 5 hours a day (yup, I'm very motivated in being an old newbie one day).

I already sent a watch to The Zigmeister that you mention in your reply, which shows I "discovered The Zigmeister on the board" .

So yes, I'm a newbie, and yes I did regulate all my Rolex and Pam so far myself (2836/7750).

In this case, I couldn't find a more secure way of doing thing about that watch but ask the board.

Hope this reply will show you that I didn't want to [censored] anyone off but only wanted to make sure I wouldn't ruin one of my watches case.

I sincerely hope that you will come back to me with some tips.

Cheers

Stephane

PS: thanks for Birdman's reference. I ordered some tool from him a couple of days ago, and, for sure, will order more from him once we've established a good relationship, which I'm sure will be the case.

@ alligoat: thanks for your advice.

:bicycle:

Testy, Testy, 123

:animal_rooster::group::clown::crazy::drunk::gathering::inv:

Retep,

Pls remember that I'm a newbie...but I'll try:

:band1:

Or

:beta:

Should I :cc_hang:

Or

:blowup:

Maybe in need some hug

:hug:

:console:

Hey I never said anything bad. My english is a mix between french, dutch and international "assumed english words". I cannot express myself aswell as I would in my mother tongue...

Now, what I really love here are : inter activity with others and tips like "hey mr newbie, don't [censored] your watch, just ask us"

:sorry:

Sincerely yours

:love:

Stephane

:wub: