When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Infiniti #2....

Isoroku

Nice car! The lease on my wife’s RS6 is up this month and she’s looked at the FX45. I think we’re leaning more toward a Cayenne, though. It’s really too bad the new ML63AMG isn’t out yet because she likes the new ML (hates my old ML55), but she’s so used to the power of the Audi, she’s hooked and won’t go “backward”.

Hi Iso

I got the FX35 when they first came out two years ago. Car has been a dream to drive. Only two complaints I have is that they did not properly align the back door with the seats and it is a bitch to get in and out of if you are over 6 ft tall. The other complaint is that the sport suspension with the 20" tires is a rough ride on slightly bumpy roads.

But it is still the bomb and we are getting the same car in 2007.

Happy Driving :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My wife and I both drive G35's, a 2003 in white and a 2004 in desert platinum. You simply cannot get more car for the money. I have been an infiniti patron for 10 years, and I don't forsee every buying anything but. FX45 is my wife's next choice....very nice pics....

Congrats.

But didn't you lease an Aston Martin last year? What's the status of that?

The lease on the Aston was killing us. The payment was higher than our mortgage...and I was not the primary decision maker in that transaction. I was opposed to it 100% until my husband took in to see it in person. We got sold, period. Thankfully we weren't upside down in it, so we got clear of it rather easy, but only after carrying a gargantuan payment for too long. It was a beautiful car, but it was far more than we could afford and still save any kind of money. (we have kids who will be going to college, and retirement nest eggs we want to build.)

@ Cheese

You and your sound like the kind of folks who get the fastest of the fast, so I dunno if this applies to you...

The FX45 is faster 0-60 than the Cheyenne non-turbo 0-60.....and it's built on the chassis of the Nissan 350Z with a 52% front/ 48% rear weight distribution...50/50 under acceleration...But if you're looking at AMGs and Turbo Cheyennes..then I guess that's a moot point.

Hi Iso

I got the FX35 when they first came out two years ago. Car has been a dream to drive. Only two complaints I have is that they did not properly align the back door with the seats and it is a [censored] to get in and out of if you are over 6 ft tall. The other complaint is that the sport suspension with the 20" tires is a rough ride on slightly bumpy roads.

But it is still the bomb and we are getting the same car in 2007.

Happy Driving :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's funny, I think all of Nissan/Infiniti SUV's have misaligned backdoor/backseats. Not very comfortable for the 6' and over...I agree.

I'm waiting for the GTR to show up. I understand it will be labelled under the Nissan badge. I'm a Nissan man through and through...however, I did look at the Infinity G35 recently...just didn't like the idea of a AWD without stick shift. Infinity dropped the ball there.

Supposed to have 310-320hp, hubby says...

biggest improvement is going to be fit and finish, though. Supposed to compare favorably to the Germans.

Know this:

If it is fun-to-drive/performance/extrovertion/testosterone increase/balls you want, Infiniti is THE car. B)

If you want some quirky goofy front wheel drive black turtleneck-wearing Starbucks-inhabiting beatnick's car, then Saab or Volvo... :huh:

If it's a grossly overpriced VW, then go Audi. :Jumpy:

If you want to cause that mythic "it will happen eventually" 8.0 Earthquake that is going to send California in to the Pacific....buy the H2 or H3. The total Spaz-fest of the Greenies will cause sufficient pressure and agitation to the fault lines. :yuk:

If you want a "F@ck you" car...go with the Continental GT Coupe from Bentley....yeah, it's got buttons from the Pheaton, but it will...and this is coming from a woman, mind you......get you laid in a most expediant and consistent fashion. It will also cause your friends to not let you hang out with thier wives. :o

If you want a car that's like a Buick on Steriods, but with better fit and finish and reliability, go Lexus. Just know that the exclusivity is kinda "meh"....See BMW

If you want Exclusivity, DO NOT go Lexus or BMW...they are like assholes. Everyone's got one. <_< They are nice enough cars, though.

If you want incredibly frustrating and high maintainance but can't help being in love with it, go Mercedes....You're car will never look so good in a service department. :yeah:

If you want $10,000 off MSRP (retardedly inflated though it may be), go domestic like Chevy, Ford, or Chryslers/Dodge. I never could imagine that people could actually be sold rebates....it's like people spend $25,000 on a $20,000 car because it's $10,000 off a $35,000 MSRP. :blink:

If you want to be a total 100% complete prude with complete and total boredom as your primary purchase issue...go Toyota. Fantastic car that is garaunteed to never break, hold resale value, provide pleasance in all it endeavors to do...without any hint of being fun, interesting, or appealing.

If you want to buy a Honda, buy a Honda.

If you want to buy a brand whose clientele is the cast from "Temple of the Ancients" and "Ben Hur" , go Cadillac. They have tried hard of late to dodge the geezer image with thier ultra sharp-razor styling, and while the cars are decent looking...it's still an old foogy's car....that's right...Simcon tops, white wall tires, gold plating on all the trim...you see it on SRX's, CTS's, STS's, etc....

A really expensive penis enlargement is the item of preference? Porsche. Doesn't matter what you men believe....well attributed men don't drive Porsches. And we women know it.

Dosa....get the Infiniti.....it's you. As for the performance capabilities that far surpass your performance driving skill or municipal allowance...just remember that it's not that you would, but you could. Unless you are not amoung the well-attributed.(See Porsche)

I'm waiting for the GTR to show up. I understand it will be labelled under the Nissan badge. I'm a Nissan man through and through...however, I did look at the Infinity G35 recently...just didn't like the idea of a AWD without stick shift. Infinity dropped the ball there.

It's not a rally car. Besides, it's better to have all the power go to the rear wheels and keep the 52% front / 48% rear weight distribution.

Having the GTR be a Nissan is a big boo boo....you are going to have a $80,000+ car being sold at dealerships whose service departments offer Rental Dodge Neons or Sentras as service loaners and salespersons whose idea of selling is "what'll it take for you to drive it home TODAY???"...or a service customer waiting area with 3 month old magizines and possibly older coffee....Or better yet, Finance managers that try to sell GAP insurance to people who pay cash for thier cars.

Mr. and Mrs.-" I need my payments under $300 a month" are not going to be the primary buyer for that car. It'll be a guy who could write a check for the dealer's entire inventory if he felt like it. It should've been an Infiniti so that the customer would recieve that right service and amenities.

And it's not Infinity....it's Infiniti. :winkiss:

Who the F leases an Aston Martin and lives in an attached townhouse?

A diligent researcher would make note of my historical complaints about a certain car payment that wa more than mortgage. And believe me when I well you that housing prices are neurotic in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago....I could buy a 4 bedroom 3300 sq. ft. brick home with an in-ground pool in Houston for almost half of what this townhouse was. It was dumping the Aston is what let us get both Infinitis and buy a place in the city without selling our townhome.

@ Nanuq...

Just so long as you know how to pick your battles....if it came to collision-time, I dunno how a Golf-based Beetle would go toe-to-toe with a Billie-Jimbo-Bubba-Bob-mobile...again, just pick the battles with the ones you can outrun! :lol:

Love the cars, but for the second time in my life, I have to go in for an interview next month due to too many tickets in the last 2 years. The funny part is that by the time I get to the interview, my points will not be high enough to be interviewed any longer. I got 3 tickets 2 years ago on one cross-country ski trip. Curse those reduced speed areas in the middle of nowhere. I had a paralegal contest 2 of them, and just got convicted of the last one a couple of weeks ago. The paralegals didn't accomplish s**t.

Perhaps it's time to trade in the AMG. I'm in my 40s, but still love the thrust. What's an old motorhead to do?