When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My PO Ultimate bezel insert fell off!

finisterre

Any tips for putting it back on? Looks like it was just glued before.

Any parrticular type of glue I should use?

Or any other handy tips?

Thanks.

I suppose I'm lucky it happened while watching TV. I don't know what would have happened if it was lost in the street.

This appears to be common unfortunately with this rep. I think pugwash had this happen, another member and myself. Luckily my came off while sitting at my desk. The glue used was either cheap or just not enough. I carefully applied some crazy glue, locktite, etc. with a toothpick and pressed it back on. Good as new and so far so good. Give it a shot, not hard really.

i used guerilla glue. The bezel insert that came with the watch nicely fit tight into place. I replaced a bezel on another one that didn't fit exactly. I used a series of rubber bands to keep it down in place. Guerilla glue takes forever to cure.

Someone said that crazy glue has a gas that can harm the watch

Sorry,,,doesn't sound like a huge fix, but still, I mean "ultimate",,,,,all kinds of stuff seems to fall off, bezel inserts, case tubes,,,doesn't sound very ultimate to me.

i believe ultimate is a modifyer of the asthetics not the build.

or it could modify the price :)

ND :

Great quote. [censored] Meadows was one of the greatest SF soldiers there ever was.

CISO

I had the same thing happen on the same rep model. Luckily, I was inside my car when it happened, so I was able to recover the bezel (with the tiny pearl) intact. I use Loctite Water Resistant glue. That's what I have used for all my other bezels and it holds great.

ND :

Great quote. [censored] Meadows was one of the greatest SF soldiers there ever was.

CISO

A plastic bottle cap of the right diameter works well to hold down the bezel while it's drying, or you'll run the risk of discovering one side being higher when it drys. just put a small notch in the cap where the pearl is. In my case a bleach bottle's cap was the right diameter. Then just put a big phone book on top to weight it down or use rubber bands, elastics to some of you.