When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you buy things from TTK?

Corgi

Hi,

I really want to buy this watch I found in his photo album. I have sent him a pm and an e-mail asking for the price, payment instructions, and technical specs of the timepiece. He has not replied to either, but has since then made new posts thus signifying he is still here... what would you recommend?

How did you other members successfuly initiate a purchase from TTK?

212698-16364.jpg

212698-16365.jpg

212698-16366.jpg

You seemed to have gotten lucky. I have tried multiple times to contact this guy, via email, via pm, via my own email (all to no avail). Originally, upon my initial inquiry, he did respnd in a timely fashion & even supplied with payment info, etc. Before placing my order, I went back into both his photo pages and selected five additional pieces, which I want to purchase. That was approximately 3 weeks ago. Since then, every few days I attempt to contact him, but for whatever the reason, his boxes are always filled or I guess he just ignores his emails. After reading various posts from others, erratic behavior is not new when dealing with him. Maybe my attempts to contact him are incorrect or maybe there is some special code that you need to use to get a response from him. I'm not sure what you did that is all that 'out of the ordinary' (judging from your post), but if so, please let me know.

@mattlarry, there are a number of other dealers who provide good customer service. Do yourself a favor and do business elsewhere.

You seemed to have gotten lucky. I have tried multiple times to contact this guy, via email, via pm, via my own email (all to no avail). Originally, upon my initial inquiry, he did respnd in a timely fashion & even supplied with payment info, etc. Before placing my order, I went back into both his photo pages and selected five additional pieces, which I want to purchase. That was approximately 3 weeks ago. Since then, every few days I attempt to contact him, but for whatever the reason, his boxes are always filled or I guess he just ignores his emails. After reading various posts from others, erratic behavior is not new when dealing with him. Maybe my attempts to contact him are incorrect or maybe there is some special code that you need to use to get a response from him. I'm not sure what you did that is all that 'out of the ordinary' (judging from your post), but if so, please let me know.

Are you kidding?....

Manners, manners, manners.

Look, I am a tireless campaigner for "newbie tolerance" here but some of this goes over my limits. This board is not a dealer and watch directory where one comes for the shortest distance between their needs and a satisfactory purchase. We talk watches here first and formost, ...experience, wisdom and technology. We are not a switchboard available for routing to "the best" or "the safest" or "the nicest". If you had done the searching you claimed to do, you would have known TTK is not a dealer in any conventional sense of the word. He is a procurer who trades in watches primarily to finance his own watch collecting hobby. Expecting "customer service" from someone who has very publically made it known here that he is decidedly not a dealer kinda proves you didn't do your homework. I don't want to come off here as smoking a 3 post newbie a new a-hole. I hope you stay and learn and contribute but,...come on man....You couldn't have picked a worse way of introducing yourself. Well, maybe if you asked "Who has the best....."

Look, I am a tireless campaigner for "newbie tolerance" here

He really is...

This board is not a dealer and watch directory where one comes for the shortest distance between their needs and a satisfactory purchase. We talk watches here first and formost, ...experience, wisdom and technology.

SO well said, CC.

Look, Matt... There are lots of people here who will help you out, and I'm sure (like we all were when we got here) you're super-excited to have found the 'secret door' so-to-speak into the world of (mostly) safe rep watch collecting. The watches look great, the prices are great; you want a whole bunch of them and just can't wait to get 'em over here!

But here's the rub... It's not Amazon.com, dude. Even with 'store-front sellers' like Josh and Andrew, you may or may not get a working tracking number for your purchase. Your watch(es) may or may not get seized by customs. They might take a week to get to you; they might take four... The point being, take a deep breath, back up, and read just a little bit more before you jump out there into the fray. Because we know what's next. You'll buy from Neil (TTK), and start hammering him for a tracking number. You'll start posting "Neil; where's my watch???" threads. You'll bombard the place with anti-TTK posts because he took your money and you haven't got your watch in, like, a week. Weeks will go by. You'll be dejected and [censored] off. You will have been reamed by innumerous Senior Members and flamed to bits. God HELP you if you draw Neil's fire; look at Davedander. And then your watch will magically show up, safe and sound... And you'll look like a complete tool.

TTK is not for the noob or the faint-of-heart. I've bought from him before; beautiful pieces that arrived in neat gold bags. But he doesn't return my emails either. That's Neil for you. But I don't get [censored] or PM him incessantly; it's the luck of the draw. And I've been here long enough that i) I know that, and ii) I'm okay with it. If he's not PMing you it's because he's hammered in a deck chair on a beach in friggin' Thailand with small naked Thai girls all over him. No offense, my man, but if that were me I wouldn't be rushing back to my email either!

So welcome Matt; we're here to help if we can. But earn the respect of the board by researching your [censored] first, and you'll do just fine!

Now here's the help you were looking for: TTK does not have a storeroom of all of those beautifully photographed watches you've seen in his album that you can just order from. Those watches are pieces he has had, and may have again. When he gets stuff he wants to sell, he posts it in his TTK section over there under DEALERS. If it's not posted, he likely doesn't have it.

Hope that all helps, and sincerely - welcome. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

H Mattlarry......the piece is in stock......and it's yours.....it was just that your e-mails were on page 3......and I'm still answering mail from page 1......sorry....but that's just the way it is......other dealers such as Josty and Thrushy have webpages that you can just click on.....it then goes to their Blackberry and voila....you have a watch in your lap.....I don't own a Blackberry......and have no intentions of owning one.....so I just mosey on down to the beach in the morning.....have a splash about......round about lunch time.....I'll have some barbecued kung......a few Mai Thais......and park my ass on a lounger in the shade.....get a foot massage......and a pedicure......followed by a snooze until the sun goes down......Sheez......Jimmy Buffet doesn't have it so good.....!

Then I'll mosey on home...all the time thinking about what to eat that evening.......seafood pretty much springs to mind again...maybe some nice Tabtim fish....with sticky rice and a few Glayvas over ice to help wash down.....now what was it you were asking about...OH I know.......let me attend to that....!

H Mattlarry......the piece is in stock......and it's yours.....it was just that your e-mails were on page 3......and I'm still answering mail from page 1......sorry....but that's just the way it is......other dealers such as Josty and Thrushy have webpages that you can just click on.....it then goes to their Blackberry and voila....you have a watch in your lap.....I don't own a Blackberry......and have no intentions of owning one.....so I just mosey on down to the beach in the morning.....have a splash about......round about lunch time.....I'll have some barbecued kung......a few Mai Thais......and park my ass on a lounger in the shade.....get a foot massage......and a pedicure......followed by a snooze until the sun goes down......Sheez......Jimmy Buffet doesn't have it so good.....!

Then I'll mosey on home...all the time thinking about what to eat that evening.......seafood pretty much springs to mind again...maybe some nice Tabtim fish....with sticky rice and a few Glayvas over ice to help wash down.....now what was it you were asking about...OH I know.......let me attend to that....!

They have blackberrys - SO THATS how they do it. wow, i don't know why i didn't think of that.

I can't live without mine :)

:Jumpy: Quality

That's Thailand, right. Oh I want to go back there again. One of my favorite places on earth. Beautiful beaches, beautfiul women, excellent food, excellent massages.

-bm

Well said.... very well !!!

But... just between your foot massage and the tom yam sup... would you mind checking the page 64 of your inbox... I just would be happy to buy your 304 Louis Brandt ! I also would like to have the details (size, movement, price) of :

- 195 AP RO Wempe

- 305 Panerai umersible Destro

I don't know whether it is for sale or not, in stock or not.

Thanks!