When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dog goes amok in sweden..

Everythingape

While I understand dog lovers, if I ever have to choose between the life of a dog and the life of a person, the person wins every time. If I have to choose between the life of a dog and the maiming of a person, the person wins every time.

I get you, but I cannot help point out that you didn't think this thru.

Gotta watch those absolutes.

Lassie attacks serial rapist breaking into the little girl's bedroom?

Police dog dealing with desperate "you'll never take me alive" crackhead?

The fact is, I've known lots of people I'd find easier to shoot in the head than the average dog - but then I've known some remarkably bad people.

Bill

Lassie attacks serial rapist breaking into the little girl's bedroom?
Yep.....but would you kill the dog if it attacked the girl instead of the rapist...ABSOLUTELY.

Police dog dealing with desperate "you'll never take me alive" crackhead?

No, you'd let the dog savage him to death....sparing a lengthy appeals process......ABSOLUTELY.

The fact is, I've known lots of people I'd find easier to shoot in the head than the average dog

Yep......but this WASN'T your average dog.......ABSOLUTELY NOT....!

You're a doctor.....and yet you express the wish that the policeman who shot the dog gets killed by a dog.......I think you must be a tree doctor........you're the one doctor I don't wish to visit....if you've taken the Hippocratic oath.....I'll eat my shorts.......if you could see the damage that these dogs do.....you might change your mind......if it came down to me and the choice between YOUR dog and a human being......your dog is getting it.

....so you missed the point once again.....i said i was UPSET...did you read that???

and second i said that i agree with Pug....did you read that???

...and as for the tree doctor thing...i give all my attetion on my patients(costumers) so try to do the same with your costumers....

...as for the human/dog thing always human wins....as for the bad owener/bad dog,in the first place was bad owener and friendly dog...

Regards...

Unfortunate for the dog, but savage behavior has a price.

The sad thing to me is, the savage sons-of-bitches responsible for making these dogs vicious don't suffer the same fate.

Bill

Yes i em for 100% owner responsibilty,this way people will not buy dogs such at pitbulls to be thougs or look like gangsters becasue its not worth it.

Its a easy way to end problems whit vicius dogs when owners can get 10years in prison if their dog kills a child.

this law shoud be on all breeds.

If it comes i woud buy a Pitbull over any other breed i woud never question that breeds love to humans.

wtf?

The guy had this dog three days. That's not enough to turn it vicious.

You dont now have this trends are here and in France?

Gangs buy one dog and train it,then it goes to ho ever need its.

One day the dog has had anuff beatings and bites/kills his owner,i dont feel [censored] for people that hurt animals or child molesters the both groups hurt subjects that cant speak their mind to police and such.

Its maybe a reason behinde 90% serial or lust killers have animal crulety in their background checks done by FBI profil analyst just look it up at FBI web pages.

What if that dog had just mamed, or worse, your 3 year old child?

P.S. I'm not saying it was the dogs fault, but regardless of where the blame lies, I don't think the cops had a choice.

Yeah what if??It did not and i think the owners behind this dog shoud have been held responsibel if it happend,and dog shoud have been put down.

But here in Norway and almost all other countrys always the dog get blamed,i say good we have countrys as Swiss and States in USA as New York where owners get the heat also and breed bans are not at question after bad episodes as they see this not as a breed problem.

You're a doctor.....and yet you express the wish that the policeman who shot the dog gets killed by a dog.......I think you must be a tree doctor........you're the one doctor I don't wish to visit....if you've taken the Hippocratic oath.....I'll eat my shorts.......if you could see the damage that these dogs do.....you might change your mind......if it came down to me and the choice between YOUR dog and a human being......your dog is getting it.

I killed a dog when I was a teenager......an Alsatian that was savaging a 6 year old girl......it had her by the upper arm was shaking her like a rag doll......there were a lot of woman gathered round trying to get the girl free.......the women were terrifed......I ran out with an axe and struck it behind the head....it let the girl go.....and I struck it again....it eventually transpired.......I never lost one moments sleep over it.......I love dogs...having owned many....my last dog was a chocolate Weimariner.......a real softie........but we have to remember that dogs have atavistic tendencies which when they surface can wreak havoc.

All apologists make the same statement.....these are dogs that are MADE bad by these bad boys........the truth is that these bad boys choose these dogs precisely because of their aggressive nature...which is then exploited by aggressive handling and training......rottweilers.....pit bulls.....dobermans.......are just as much the dog of choice ....as are .50 cal Desert Eagles.....of the drug dealers....and petty criminals who want to enhance their [censored] size by surrounding themselves with phallic substitutes....!

The answer is difficult to find.....pit bull lovers will tell you...."my dog would never hurt anyone.....he's a big pet....and great with the kids...".......until they're sitting in an AE room...with the kids face half chewed off.....!

Pit bulls were specifically BRED to be aggressive.......they were originally used as bull baiters and fighting dogs.....that has been dialled into them.......we should now dial it out of them.......!

@TJG.....

The problem with the footage is that we didn't see the whole incident......we have no idea if the dog had been aggressive towards the police prior to what we see on screen.....what we 'seem' to see is a muted dog......running around.....not being particularly aggressive......it does seem to be in some pain......it could be that the dog was pepper sprayed before we see it.......that was my interpretation...it seemed to be lost and in pain......we see the policeman pepper spray it again......the dog rolls in the grass....trying to ease the stinging from the pepper spray......however we shouldn't question the decision of the policeman.....I'm quite sure he made the decision at the right time......he could have shot it initially when he pepper sprayed it......if you look at the dog after it had been shot.....15-16 times......he holstered his weapon....then realised the dog wasn't dead......drew his weapon and humanely despatched the dog to prevent any further pain and distress......hardly the actions of someone who couldn't care.

TTK@

In pitbulls you can almost find as many varitions as a puddel.

Its game pitbulls,show pitbulls and many other types.

I myself has been around dogs all my life i have own 2 german shepards and i say this Pitbulls are not a breed that is dangerus to humans from the geko they are breed to NOT be agressiv to humans.

I can also admitt they have problems whit other dogs,but as whit everything in life this can be easy to train so the dog love animals.

Its have you raise the dog,not what breed it is,this coming from a guy that has been biten by other breeds many times to prevent them attacking my american staffordshire terrier.I have never blamed a dog for biting me i have blamed the owners for not rasing their dog the right way.

When the Police here decide to shoot i think its better to use 15 bullets then 2 when 2 will just hurt the animal,but using pepper spray at first just show have idiot the police can be here in Scandinavia..

I have seen many dogs attack police officers in the USA not one time i have seen them use pepper spray they either shoot them or get animal control to get the dog in question.

Cheerio and enjoy your day,

Dani

Yes i em for 100% owner responsibilty,this way people will not buy dogs such at pitbulls to be thougs or look like gangsters becasue its not worth it.

Its a easy way to end problems whit vicius dogs when owners can get 10years in prison if their dog kills a child.

this law shoud be on all breeds.

If it comes i woud buy a Pitbull over any other breed i woud never question that breeds love to humans.

You dont now have this trends are here and in France?

Gangs buy one dog and train it,then it goes to ho ever need its.

One day the dog has had anuff beatings and bites/kills his owner,i dont feel [censored] for people that hurt animals or child molesters the both groups hurt subjects that cant speak their mind to police and such.

Its maybe a reason behinde 90% serial or lust killers have animal crulety in their background checks done by FBI profil analyst just look it up at FBI web pages.

Yeah what if??It did not and i think the owners behind this dog shoud have been held responsibel if it happend,and dog shoud have been put down.

But here in Norway and almost all other countrys always the dog get blamed,i say good we have countrys as Swiss and States in USA as New York where owners get the heat also and breed bans are not at question after bad episodes as they see this not as a breed problem.

TTK@

In pitbulls you can almost find as many varitions as a puddel.

Its game pitbulls,show pitbulls and many other types.

I myself has been around dogs all my life i have own 2 german shepards and i say this Pitbulls are not a breed that is dangerus to humans from the geko they are breed to NOT be agressiv to humans.

I can also admitt they have problems whit other dogs,but as whit everything in life this can be easy to train so the dog love animals.

Its have you raise the dog,not what breed it is,this coming from a guy that has been biten by other breeds many times to prevent them attacking my american staffordshire terrier.I have never blamed a dog for biting me i have blamed the owners for not rasing their dog the right way.

When the Police here decide to shoot i think its better to use 15 bullets then 2 when 2 will just hurt the animal,but using pepper spray at first just show have idiot the police can be here in Scandinavia..

I have seen many dogs attack police officers in the USA not one time i have seen them use pepper spray they either shoot them or get animal control to get the dog in question.

Cheerio and enjoy your day,

Dani

You are corect all the way!Im with you on that opinion!

LOL :D seriously though this is [censored], I've heard plenty of stories over the years about well loved and cared for family pets suddenly turning and biting their owners, or someone else, I totally agree that bad owners should be held responsible if their dog bites someone, but how do you decide if the owner is to blame or not?

LOL :D seriously though this is [censored], I've heard plenty of stories over the years about well loved and cared for family pets suddenly turning and biting their owners, or someone else, I totally agree that bad owners should be held responsible if their dog bites someone, but how do you decide if the owner is to blame or not?

Dogs can get ill, be in pain or just been born "crazy".

A dog can have been breed or what we call inbreed in a bad way.

Whit Pitbulls its 90%bad owners when bad episodes happens this was the case here in Sweden(yes i now some inside info) and the episode that happend in Swiss.

Pitbulls got one thing hanging over them and that is gangsters and other bad owners whant them becasue they see them in rap videos and such,pleas all pitbull haters pleas let me now if ther was bad stuff said about pits from 1900 to 1980 yes YOU CANT :p What happend in 1980's??RAP MUSIC came on stage and whit that came the trend of pitbulls among whannabes DMX youths.

I dont cear if the owner have a nice lovley familiy dog if that dog kills a child in my familiy i woud not feel justice if the owners are not held responsibel.

A dog over a certain size will always be a dangerus dog if not raised as it shoud.

Dani

After this incident the Swedish cop was invited to appear on Celebrity Target Practice and lost in the first round to a Mr. S. Wonder.

Meaning...........one of the serious points missed here was that 17 rounds seems more than a little excessive in my humble opinion. For sure the dog's fate is sealed but it should be quick and decisive not Rambo-esque like this [censored] displayed. Yeah he's a real feckin hero...............NOT!

JTB

After this incident the Swedish cop was invited to appear on Celebrity Target Practice and lost in the first round to a Mr. S. Wonder.

Meaning...........one of the serious points missed here was that 17 rounds seems more than a little excessive in my humble opinion. For sure the dog's fate is sealed but it should be quick and decisive not Rambo-esque like this [censored] displayed. Yeah he's a real feckin hero...............NOT!

JTB

Im with you JTB....hero?........NO

JTB

Yes very true,but you see here in Scandinavia cops almost never get to shoot real bad guys so they settle for killing dogs insted its more easy,and when the cops here see a gun they run and ask for money since they have got anxiety becasue of it :whistling:

Oh come now.. Don't take it out on the policeman. He did what he could under the circumstances, and probably orders. I'm very sure he didn't feel like a hero after the incident. He did his share to protect the public in the park from what was a serious threat. That it took a lot of rounds is unfortunate.. but it wasn't like he could quit after firing 2.

..you wouldn't say it if it was a badger who ran rabid.. and the difference between a badger and a dog? ..an owner..

That it took a lot of rounds is unfortunate..

Nope.........that it took a lot of rounds is shoddy..........nae incompetent and cruel as well.

I could see the point if he was trying to shoot Mick The Miller but this thing should have been taken out with..........let me see...........16 less rounds?

I'm betting his superior officer had him back on the target range toute-de-suite.

JTB

Sorry to disillusion you John......but believe it or not....a dog ....particularly a pit bull....has an immense amount of muscle structure....that muscle density can absorb an immense amount of punishment......plus......the cop was shooting at a running target.....and believe me.....pit bulls have an entirely different structure from humans......humans are very easy to kill......a lot of soft mushy internal tissue....plus the dog doesn't know it's being shot.....it's adrenalin is pumping to the point where it's not a case of fight or flight....and...a 9mm is not the most effective weapon against something like a rottweiler or pit bull.......if you were in a frontal attack from a pit bull.....a 9mm would not my weapon of choice.......there's a very good reason why white hunter's in Africa used big game rifles like the .470 nitro express or .458 Winchester magnums........they knew that the muscular structure of animals is vastly different from humans.......especially predatory animals......who are psychologically programmed to inflict maximum damage no matter the situation......!

Given the job of going out and shooting a rogue pit bull......I wouldn't be happy unless I had something like 12 gauge shotgun or a Casull .455 magnum......aint no pissy .9mm for me....!

The problem that most non-shooters face is the overwhelming barrage of nonsense that is foisted upon them by Hollywood......people don't realise that whne you hit someone with a baseball bat.....it usually crushes their skull.....concussing them and they subsequently die from fluid on the brain....usually blood......same with a knife wound.....most people who are stabbed rarely knlow it....they think they've been punched......but only on very rare ocassions do they fall over dead instantaneously as they do in the movies.....same with someone shot with an arrow......they usually take long hours to die......they don't fall over the parapet in a dead heap......just as when someone is shot.....a lot depends upon where they are hit.....in most instances they die form a combination of hydro-static shock and massive internal bleeding.......but people have been shot many times and still lived.....Rasputin is the classic example....!

The cop in question I don't think would be very happy at what he had to do.....but it had to be done......who knows what the consequences might have been if the dog had managed to break thru' the surrounding hedges and gone to ground.....!

Neil - He pumped 16 rounds into the thing at very close range without even thinking about how many he would need before he decided to go for the more effective and quicker head shot. :thumbdown:

The guy was a bumbling clutz......in my non-shootist humblest of all humble opinions.

Giving this guy a .470 nitro express would result in so much collateral carnage.

JTB

@John......the very fact that he NEEDED to shoot it 16 times tells the story.....and probably having had no prior experience of shooting a dog......worked on the same assumption that you have.....heck this is going to be easy....1x shot and the mutt is gone......not so.......if you look at the film carefully.....you can see that he playing catch up with the dog which was running away from him......despite having already been pepper sprayed......!

The head shot came after he thought initially that the dog was dead.....he HOLSTERED his weapon.....then realised it STILL wasn't dead......and performed the coup de gras.......this dog was NOT going to go down easily......it's there for everyone to see.......he NEEDED 16 shots at a running target......even if every shot hit home.......and believe me ....it ain't easy to shoot when you're running......I used to do PP1 and PP2......and it ain't easy......!

PS.....your Skype broken...or you fell out with me.....!

@John......the very fact that he NEEDED to shoot it 16 times tells the story.....and probably having had no prior experience of shooting a dog......worked on the same assumption that you have.....heck this is going to be easy....1x shot and the mutt is gone......not so.......if you look at the film carefully.....you can see that he playing catch up with the dog which was running away from him......despite having already been pepper sprayed......!

The head shot came after he thought initially that the dog was dead.....he HOLSTERED his weapon.....then realised it STILL wasn't dead......and performed the coup de gras.......this dog was NOT going to go down easily......it's there for everyone to see.......he NEEDED 16 shots at a running target......even if every shot hit home.......and believe me ....it ain't easy to shoot when you're running......I used to do PP1 and PP2......and it ain't easy......!

PS.....your Skype broken...or you fell out with me.....!

a 9mm is what cops have,in the US i have seen on vids about 6-7 dog realted episodes NON has ended whit dog getting shot 16times.

Pitbull in question had many other way out,it was very relaxed and whas running because the idiot of police officers used pepper spray on the dog.

As to shooting it,yes if it was attacking the cops yes but as i can see and what i have heard on Swedish forums i cant see any need for it here its just a dog not some gansgter whit a 50.cal rifle :winkiss:

Just to use a gun in this way on a public street woud casue bad ass heat on cops if it happend in Norway i dont read Swedish news papers so i dont now what is latest on have the cops are being followed up on this episode their.

It has happend so i just see this as a sad episode for the dog that i presume has had a bad life from the start.

Dani

@Dani......let's nott run off at the mouth with each other......I understand your feelings.....and I sympathise with you.....it's not pleasant to see any animal killed in this way.........but don't worry your dog is safe......as are all the other dog lovers dogs........nobody is gonna run in and shoot your dog......so relax....!

As for the Swedish incident.....NO-ONE here knows the truth of the matter.....nobody knows what happened with the dog.....nobody knows that it was abused.....everyone is simply jumping to conclusions......even TJG.....he commented that the guy fitted the profile...I don't know how he reached that conclusion.....all we could see was the bys leg in close-up....then the back of his head on the gurney as he was wheeled away.....no idea of the damge the dog did.....no idea of the timeframe......it was simple....a dog went rogue...( yes even tho' it may have been mistreated....but two wrongs don't make a right....the owners should be made to shoulder the responsibility also.....!

It's a sad fact that when animals go rogue....frome dogs to elephants to cattle.....the unfortunate animal pays with it's life....better that than a child should.......!

Looks like this one might be dead, hehehe

But I'm going to bring it back!

I hunt coyotes, often bigger than that dog, and 16 shots is WAY excessive. I've been on some Wile E. Coyotes that fought like sons of bitches(heheh) - (one ran for 4 miles with 3 legs) but it only takes one well aimed shot to kill anything and you should expect more from your officers.