When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seiko Diver 200

Golfman

That thing is SWEEEET. Love the Nato strap. Wish you didn't show me that...

@ Pug

The black monster, I finally got it on eBay today for a reasonable price. Took a while.

Is there a steel bracelet for it ?

I know there is a Nato obvioulsy :rolleyes:

@ All, it's Pugs picture ;-)

Ze Black Monster

223702-13708.jpg

223702-13709.jpg

Cheers

Stephane

My orange monster on SS just arrived, and I must say it's one fine piece of hardware :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It really has quality and solid feel, very nice combo of brushed and polished steel, and orange dial makes very nice contrast to all that steel. Movement is OK (so far) keeps good time. Only objection I have is that movement does not hack - I hope it should be like that :whistling: I really like Day-date function, I think all watches should have it :D Interesting thing is that it has bi-lingual day wheel, so during process of changing day (it lasts almost two hours) you get Spanish (in my case) day for some time - which can be confusing until you realize what is happening (you can see it on the pics - SAB for sabado).

I still wait for some rubber straps to arrive, so currently it's on SS bracelet.

Here are some quick pics, nothing much since my light box project is still in its infancy ...

227774-12855.jpg

227774-12856.jpg

One thing that really fascinates me on this watch (considering I got it for $122) is lume. It really blows away all the reps I've seen so far. Its visible even in dimly lit rooms, you don't have to be in complete darkness to see it. So, if any more dealers put up stupid question "How super is super lume" - I would say that for me this is super enough B)

227774-12857.jpg

227774-12858.jpg

when I get some more straps, I'll post some more pics. And what else to say than - Highly recommended !!

bye,

Ivan

I LOVE MY (GEN) BLACK MONSTER!!! I ordered mine with the SS band, and IMHO it is a great looking and comfortable bracelet considering its mass.

The Lume is the best on any watch I have ever worn. Very cool.

You are correct, there is no hacking. But oh well.

I have been wearing it fairly regularly these past few weeks. Each time I pick it up it is still running. So the power reserve is excellent as well.

I paid 144.00, and received it from Amazon in three working days here in CONUS. I can't recommend this watch enough.

Neat thing is I am going on a diving trip in a few weeks, and I will actually be able to wear the damn thing in the ocean. I would NEVER consider wearing my rep Rolli Sub, my rep Omega Seamasters, or my rep 024, in the shower, much less in the ocean.

My new rubber straps should be here this week as well.

I didn't like the looks of the rubber Seiko straps either, and I can't wait to try the new ones I bought. The strap size is 20mm.

I too will post a couple of pics when they arrive.

Wear them well, boys.

Reportedly, the Monster's movement CAN be hacked, ideally when the mainspring is not tightly wound, by providing backpressure to the crown while setting the time. This method was suggested with considerable warning, and should be used only sparringly. I have not used this personally on my OM, as I don't care that its currently running at +17 secs a day. I'll regulate it in a month or so, and then reset the minutes as needed. If i need to know the exact second, I'll ask my 8yr old son what his Timex says :)

PMWF thread on "hacking" the 7S26 movement

I just picked up an 007 after looking at several seikos, it was that or a 009. I didn't get a bracelet but think it goes equally well with rubber or metal. I just discovered some of the very cool custom work you can do with these, for example I found this place and might pick up another dial.

http://www.mkiiwatches.com/

Also, I was on another forum and read about some 007 reps, if you can believe that. No way the quality is similar to what you see here and that makes sense. If you rep a 150 (usd) watch, the rep would have to be worth next to nothing to make it worth it. This seems to be a unique rep market as most people can afford a gen seiko. Nice watch, can't wait to mine shows up this week.

I just picked up an 007 after looking at several seikos, it was that or a 009. I didn't get a bracelet but think it goes equally well with rubber or metal. I just discovered some of the very cool custom work you can do with these, for example I found this place and might pick up another dial.

http://www.mkiiwatches.com/

Also, I was on another forum and read about some 007 reps, if you can believe that. No way the quality is similar to what you see here and that makes sense. If you rep a 150 (usd) watch, the rep would have to be worth next to nothing to make it worth it. This seems to be a unique rep market as most people can afford a gen seiko. Nice watch, can't wait to mine shows up this week.

Bob Thayer has also done some interesting Mods on Seiko watches. I think I'm going to customize a plain Black Monster with him soon.

Bob Thayer's Seiko Mod Page