When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Steel Fish SuperOcean - Lives Up to the Hype -Updated with PHOTOS

fotoman

I dont' do any photo shopping of my images, shot - cropped and uploaded. Here we go :)

219783-14839.jpg

219783-14840.jpg

I see the clumping, but its not visable to the human eye

219783-14841.jpg

219783-14842.jpg

219783-14843.jpg

219783-14844.jpg

219783-14845.jpg

219783-14846.jpg

and Finally - the Patented PHOtograph - the Pho Shot :)

219783-14847.jpg

I thought this watch was very ugly back in November when we first saw some of the pre-manufacture photos. i was like crap why are they making that model -it won't sell worth a [censored] :)

well, then everyone got the thing and was like woah, this screams quality, its a must have . So i kept looking at it and i figured - what the hell, I really want more ETA non-7750 reps and this and the PO are the only Super Reps that exist now in that catagory.

I just got it - and put it on and WOW, totally lives up to the hype that everyone is talking about.

I think the "wow" factor comes 100% from the AR. This thing has AR that is very comparable to the Gen Planet Ocean - IMHO. the crystal is like gone you have to move it around ni most lighting to see the thing.

The dial is nicely done and it really "pops" because hat that AR. the rest of the watch, fit and finish, weight all of that are what we have come to expect in the latest super reps - like the chronomat the ultimate PO and even some of the older ones before AR like the bently and others

i went both the SS and the leather strap. The strap is 1st rate. It is super soft and heavily padded. No need to look elsewhere for a strap. the "second" leather loop that holds the strap down while your wearing it - on mine - is a little stretched out - i may just take that off.

The bracelet is- as well - up to the quality of the super reps.

Another nice thing about this model is the brushed case. I don't know about you guys but the polished cases seem to need polishing quite often. with a brushed case, No polishing hardly ever just wipe off your "daily dirt" The outside of the bezel is the only thing polished and it creates a nice contract for the profile view of the watch.

the buckle as someone asked about is thin, but does not really look or feel cheap - Believe me, you won't be looking at the buckle on this thing anyway!!!. The strap sits well to balance the weight of this watch and it is very comfortable.

I wanted a nice casual blue faced watch and this totally fits the bill. The blue is Deep deep navy blue

If i had a ton of money i'd also get it in white with the brown strap because i'm sure that totally rocks as well, i can just see it in my head.

I'll take some photos this eve, hopefully there will be 1 more in the regular mail today

So much for neither rain nor snow nor anything the Post Office goes on :) this was snow delayed :)

Congrats on a fine choice. I'm looking forward to your pics. I just got my blue dial SOSF back from a The Zigmeister relume. Looks amazing.

How's the lume on yours? Mine originally was lumpy and cracked. Looks great now though.

-- m

If i had a ton of money i'd also get it in white with the brown strap because i'm sure that totally rocks as well, i can just see it in my head.

I got mine today in that exact combo. It rocks. Welcome to the club, my friend. Welcome to the club.

How's the lume on yours? Mine originally was lumpy and cracked. Looks great now though.

My lume is very good, especially for a rep.

well, then everyone got the thing and was like woah, this screams quality, its a must have . So i kept looking at it and i figured - what the hell, I really want more ETA non-7750 reps and this and the PO are the only Super Reps that exist now in that catagory.

Dont fotget the IWC Inge !!

yeah even though I went for the "lite" version I have the blue dial on SS band and it's amazing and i was very concerned with the lume before purchasing but my lume is wonderfull. Like someone already mentioned we aint talking super..but it won't be needing a lume job at least while it's in my possesion.

Congrats on your watch, enjoy

yeah even though I went for the "lite" version I have the blue dial on SS band and it's amazing and i was very concerned with the lume before purchasing but my lume is wonderfull. Like someone already mentioned we aint talking super..but it won't be needing a lume job at least while it's in my possesion.

Congrats on your watch, enjoy

how bad is the crystal?

really great watch...after seeing today Pug's wht fahe wht face one. I dunno anymore if i like more the blck face or the wht face one...and your pics make me wanna buy it immediately...pity i have decided to go for something else this month and not reps!

really great watch...after seeing today Pug's wht fahe wht face one. I dunno anymore if i like more the blck face or the wht face one...and your pics make me wanna buy it immediately...pity i have decided to go for something else this month and not reps!

I'm on the Sell stuff then buy stuff plan with the Mrs. :) 1 watch goes out - 1 comes in

even though all watches are to some degree - this looks much better in person - to me it didn't look balanced right in photos - like itwas a big tank sitting on your arm. But it wears very well.

Funny, it doesn't show up in the photos, but with the naked eye, it looks smaller than the BCE. Its the dial size. but in the photos they look more comparable in size

how bad is the crystal?

The crystal is fine i can't see anything wrong with it..and regarding reflections it does a great job on it's own.. It comes with no AR but many times i'm holding the watch and the glass dissapears something i thought would only happen with good AR

I just got it back yesterday, but I'll try to get some soon.

Okay here goes...SOSF Relumed by The Zigmeister....excuse my limited photo skills...

220262-14654.jpg

220262-14655.jpg

220262-14656.jpg

And the lume shot...

220262-14657.jpg

I requested that he lume the markers at 12, 3, 6, and 9 on the retaining ring...like the gen SOSF. It looks great.

Now, if I could only get the pearl redone...somehow. :whistling: