When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The whiner's iwc pilot

chad

I felt I need to post this right away...still have my shoes on and have had the watch for less than 5 mins...

That is columbus circle NYC

Quick thoughts....

-day crooked and font do not bother me that much

-ar does bother me

-it is too small :) (just took off my big bang to put it on) hehe

-beautiful

in the new photo....my little collection...

BB

112H on Gen croc

Ultimate PO on Gen rubber

IWC ...well you know

post-626-1174410489_thumb.jpg

post-626-1174490503_thumb.jpg

Edited by chad

I felt I need to post this right away...still have my shoes on and have had the watch for less than 5 mins...

Quick thoughts....

-ar does bother me

-beautiful

Congratulations! Glad you got it eventually :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Maybe take part in the next A/R run that chieftang (or another member) does?

Quick thoughts....

-ar does bother me

-beautiful

nice... enjoy!

I'll post more pictures and review later.

I am enjoying it and it seems to be fine. I just sized it and a bit of advice. I can see the spring buttons not working on the bottom if they were pressed in wrong or pressed too much, be careful. I had one that would not come back up but finally did.

The date situation is pretty weird. The day changes at 3 on mine but the number at 12? Is that common?

I think I can live with it though.

The AR is really a shame. It is a really beautiful watch and for the "special project" label it seems not cost prohibitive to run this double sided.

If I knew where to get the crystal off it would for sure be on the next AR run from chieftang.

It is a great rep....a really great one.

I do stand by my comments about eddie and the dishonesty and communication that occurred but he delivered a very nice watch.

All's well...that ends well?

Although I was one of the first five to receive my Pilot, I have had to ship it off to one of our 'watchsmiths' for a fix already. Hope the second batch that people have received doesn't have any 7750 problems 'out of the box'. I will wait for my diagnosis to determine what the problem with the movement in my watch was all about.

Still all and all...a pretty perfect rep.

May we all wear them well...... Especially Chad.

All's well...that ends well?

Although I was one of the first five to receive my Pilot, I have had to ship it off to one of our 'watchsmiths' for a fix already. Hope the second batch that people have received doesn't have any 7750 problems 'out of the box'. I will wait for my diagnosis to determine what the problem with the movement in my watch was all about.

Still all and all...a pretty perfect rep.

May we all wear them well...... Especially Chad.

What's happening with yours?

I've had mine for a couple hours and after a full wind turned on the chrono and let it go for a while only to find that the watch stopped when the chrono hand gets to ~55secs after about 15mins of running. This has happened twice. Did I get a dud? :wounded1:

What's happening with yours?

I've had mine for a couple hours and after a full wind turned on the chrono and let it go for a while only to find that the watch stopped when the chrono hand gets to ~55secs after about 15mins of running. This has happened twice. Did I get a dud? :wounded1:

Someone else (think it might have been on RWI), had a problem with the chrono second hand touching the minute hand. So when you run the chrono, check if the point it stops it when the chrono second hand is about to cross the min hand. I had this once on a PAM (in that case it was the minute hand touching the running seconds hand). If this is the problem I think it should be an easy fix for a watchmaker.

I've had mine for all of 24 hours and so far so good. I did stick it on the watch winder to see what happens. I am not as disappointed as others on the AR. It clearly has it and you would have to risk stripping it. On the delay on the day rotation versus the datewheel that is how my gen 7750's are as well. Don't know if it takes until 3 though. This one will have a brand new :lol: 17j shortly. Just got my movements in. :yeah:

I have worn it for the past few days. Really enjoy it.

That AR though...it is shame....everytime I walk by a mirror and check it out on the wrist I see no dial...just glare....(my 112h is like this too, but my PO is ok)

Do the same with my Big Bang and you see every little detail on the dial.

Guess I should not be looking in the mirror so much though....:)

Had it next to the gen in NYC and only really difference is the AR. It is blue on the gen and dial just pops right out. It is not subtle.

Guess I'll have to send it off for some AR from chieftang.

One day the makers will learn to just do the AR right on every watch.

I hate to go back on my whining. The date while annoying does not really bother me that much.

I have worn it for the past few days. Really enjoy it.

That AR though...it is shame....everytime I walk by a mirror and check it out on the wrist I see no dial...just glare....(my 112h is like this too, but my PO is ok)

Do the same with my Big Bang and you see every little detail on the dial.

Guess I should not be looking in the mirror so much though....:)

Had it next to the gen in NYC and only really difference is the AR. It is blue on the gen and dial just pops right out. It is not subtle.

Guess I'll have to send it off for some AR from chieftang.

One day the makers will learn to just do the AR right on every watch.

I hate to go back on my whining. The date while annoying does not really bother me that much.

It definitely has some level of A/R though - I have compared it side by side at the same angle with a watch I know has absolutely no A/R and you can notice the difference. It is a shame they can't get these little things sorted, but then that's where the value of a community like RWG comes in :wiggle: