When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner from Luckyyy

Murdoch

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a Sub from Luckyyy. It's the cheap model - paid 100$.

First thing that happend what that things started falling of the dial. I had it fix at a watchsmith the other day. So eventhough it cost me 32$ it's now fixed.

I got it back today and I cannot understand why it wont run okay. I've been shakin it for 10-15 minutes and it only runs for a couple of minutes... sometimes seconds. Then it stops. Does it have to be shaken for much longer?

Then there's the date. I cannot change it... why can that be, and is that something I can get fixed at a watchsmith?

As you can probably understand i'm not that happy about this watch. I've only had it for a few weeks and it will soon have cost me the same in repairs as the watch cost me. I hope that Luckyyy can help me out. And either fix or replace the watch.

Edited by Murdoch

I bet the crown guards look spot on ha? This is why I got my Sub from Eddie, with top grain ETA movement. The CG's are off but the watch rocks. You got what you paid for.

Best to do send this watch to Nais and get Luckyyy sent you new one :lol:

Edited by Polynomial

I emailed Luckyyy. But it wasn't that long ago, so he hasn't replied yet. I really hope he'll replace it.

I think the watch looks great, but I'd really like to get one that works... :-)

sounds like maybe the watchsmith did something wrong if it was running fine till he fixed the marker , not for sure though

I think it was the same when I got the watch, but didn't try it out for more than a couple of minutes before I sent it to the watchsmith.

sounds like maybe the watchsmith did something wrong if it was running fine till he fixed the marker , not for sure though

I think it was the same when I got the watch, but didn't try it out for more than a couple of minutes before I sent it to the watchsmith.

Sorry if my english isn't perfect Ethan... I dont know the word for moving the watch so that it winds. But I didn't exactly shake the watch but tried to wind it.

How long does it normally take to do so?

And is it suposse to make a "loud" noise when winding?

By the way...

Luckyyy has been very fair to deal with. Earlier on he offered to take the watch back and replace it. But at that time it was only the thing that had fallen of the dial and it was a rather simple fix at the watchsmith.

I hope he'll offer the same now. I've heard alot of good stuff about these subs eventhough they are very cheap. I just think I've had some bad luck with this one. It's probably because the quality-check at the factories is kinda low and therefor some bad ones reaches the final buyer.