When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Real or fake?

Pugwash

hey Pugwash, may I ask if you are in UK as well?

just wondering if you can tell me or pm me the price of that watch u got from PT??

I don't remember the price. Ask Precious Time. :D

ps. Look to the left of this post. You'll see a "From" field. Fill yours in, it helps a lot when answering questions.

The easiest way to spot a Steelfish rep (coming from someone who owned a gen) is the serifs on the 12, 6, 9, and box surrounding the date window. On the reps the serifs are too big, not by much, but I can spot it. However I've been told I'm not normal...

another way to tell:

on a gen the numbers 15, 30 and 45 on the bezel fit from edge to edge.

on the rep there is about a 1mm space to the edge.

this can easily be spotted

This must be a new definition of the word "Easily" that I've not come across before. :D

So it's the chapter ring lume and the end link serials then, allways good to know what to look out for on ebay scam auctions.

Richard, I believe (and may be wrong) that the gen ONLY has the He valve at 10:00 whereas the rep has it at 9:00. Big oversight in my opinion. This is a surefire tell unless I will be corrected.

Richard, I believe (and may be wrong) that the gen ONLY has the He valve at 10:00 whereas the rep has it at 9:00. Big oversight in my opinion. This is a surefire tell unless I will be corrected.

Consider yourself corrected. This myth has sprung from the pictures of the older version on the Breitling site. This is a picture from Joyful Collection of a genuine SFSO. Yes, the second hand is different.

299607-3228.jpg

Didn't realise there were two versions of this Breitling, thanks for the info Pug!! This really is a great rep!

There are more than two. The one our replica is of is the Steelfish X-Plus, of which there are three versions. One is the one we all have (and the one I mistook for a rep at the beginning of this thread), another is the one with the same strap and a pointy second-hand and the last one is the older version with the square-lump strap and the wavy S on the dial.

This is an amazing watch. I just got one in a trade, and I couldn't be happier with it. I wonder whether it would be worth it to buy a gen bracelet? I'm definitely going to pick up an OEM rubber strap (because how can you not?) but even $135 on the 'bay seems steep.