When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paid $1.9K delivered for a BNIB Gen P.O. What dya think?

solicitor

I'm growing weary and wary with all the problems associated with buying reps lately: how to make payments, customs crackdowns, inexplicably obvious flaws, misrepresentations, quality control, and the general anxiety about buying illegal goods. So, I just pulled the trigger on a BNIB Gen Planet Ocean, Ref. 2900.50.91. Paid an outstanding price=$1900.00USD, delivered. Arrives by Friday.

Yeah, yeah, I know this is a Rep world, and I could have gotten seven "ultimate reps", but did I do good? Anyone understand and share my frustrations with reps?

223337-13853.gif

$4500 + 15% tax where I live... $1900 US, that's a great price, well worth it in my view.

RG

Yeah, I looked at a black bezel PO recently and the sticker was $4400 - I didn't ask about discounts, but still that's quite a discount from $4400 to $1900.

Suffice it to say it was "grey market", so it wasn't as perfect a deal as say buying from an AD would have been.

BTW, they're sold-out! If they weren't, I'd tell ya. As it is, I like getting first dibbs on these bargains. Sorry.

I can't wait 'til it arrives on Friday.

I'm growing weary and wary with all the problems associated with buying reps lately: how to make payments, customs crackdowns, inexplicably obvious flaws, misrepresentations, quality control, and the general anxiety about buying illegal goods. So, I just pulled the trigger on a BNIB Gen Planet Ocean, Ref. 2900.50.91. Paid an outstanding price=$1900.00USD, delivered. Arrives by Friday.

Yeah, yeah, I know this is a Rep world, and I could have gotten seven "ultimate reps", but did I do good? Anyone understand and share my frustrations with reps?

223474-13748.gif

You got a good deal, on a great watch! Enjoy it (and don't forget to tell us where you got it B) )

Froggle is your friend in pricing all things!

But I can save you a step. jomashop.com in NYC has consistantly the best grey market prices. You can sometimes find good deal at bernardwatch.com and watchseller.com.

Zeetan is always a good bet too.

/Tim

Edited by Tim

Froggle is your friend in pricing all things!

But I can save you a step. jomashop.com in NYC has consistantly the best grey market prices. You can sometimes find good deal at bernardwatch.com and watchseller.com.

Zeetan is always a good bet too.

/Tim

Thanks.

223584-13730.gif

Congrats! :yeah:

This is definitely a keeper...

Growing also in value next years.

I consider pulling the trigger myself

on a PO or SMP ;)

Pls post some pics keep us

informed about differences to rep.

B/R

George

Bracekt or rubber?

Its not that astonishing as most ADs are willing to give you 30% and we aren't even talking about grey market.

Rubber strap. The MSRP is USD$3,300.00, so it's over 40% off. That's pretty astonishing to me! Well, it WAS astonishing, anyway.