When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noobmariner?

predfan2001

Ok, I'll admit this replica stuff is all new to me but several of you have recommended a "Noobmariner" as a starter Sub. I'm not really sure what a Noob is. I looked on several sites and I'm still lost. I've been reading threads and I'm still not real clear on this.

Thanks in advance

Ok, I'll admit this replica stuff is all new to me but several of you have recommended a "Noobmariner" as a starter Sub. I'm not really sure what a Noob is. I looked on several sites and I'm still lost. I've been reading threads and I'm still not real clear on this.

Thanks in advance

Thanks. I read that review but I'm still unclear. What does ttk stand for? Is that an abbreviation of the mfg. or seller? Is this just the standard asian movt watch avail. on most any replica site? Forgive my lack of knowledge regarding this. I'm trying :huh:

It's the rep model that counts, not the dealer... so my title "TTK Submariner" is a bit misleading. TTK was among the first ones who started selling that model... now almost all dealers have it. It's also available with ETA movement and IMHO it's the most accurate rep Submariner... and the best choice if you're not going to modify or rebuild your watch.

Almost all dealers have access to the same watches so you need to train your eye and see the differences between different models.

Is there a TTK website or is he more like an insider here?

Look in the dealer section, and you will find him, you could also look onder narikar for nymphomariner. They get called different names by different dealers but are basicaly the best value for money anf one of ther most accurate subs out of the box.

Hi,

In addition to what has already said, here my 2 cents: there are 2 range of prices for "starter" Subs: 100$ and 150$.

I got one as noob from Paul Wo-Mart (he is in the dealer section or on his website http://www.wo-mart.com/) and paid 149$

The difference is the movement. The Asian 21j (in 100$ subs) is good but the Eta is much better (in the over 100$ ones).

You can see the actual watch I bought here too http://www.rwg.cc/members/My-So-Called-Bes...00--t21180.html

Now, depending on where you are (if in EU might be better to buy from Precious Time or TTK as they can ship from UK) and the budget you want to spend, you can go as high as 458$ for an Eta Sub (which then is not a Noob anymore obviously).

But for 50$ difference, choose the ETA one, I'm sure everyone here agree with this.

Cheers

Stephane

agree with stephane. get the eta version of this sub. not that much more. cn21j movement keeps good time but ETA mechanically is more refined, e.g. the quick set date change is much more solid and sure. Paul's is $163 shipped. Can't beat that.

To make your life tougher, predfan, I don't recommend the noobmariner (anymore) because VIPs at RWI can get the VIPmariner which is a better looking sub for $80 (asian movement though). It has a deep rehaut that's not overly-conical, and thin crystal gasket. The bezel teeth are longer too. Here're some pictures of it after I modded it to a sub no date.

224115-13651.jpg

224115-13652.jpg

-bm

Sub is most wanted rep but also the hardest one cuz there's more than 10 different model to choose just for SS sub alone !!!!

@predfan, I suggest you do more homework, sit down and then try to figure out what you really want and ask yourself some question like: what is your budget? you want something has more potential to mod? or just wear it right out the box?

IMO, unless you really know what you want...... it's not gonna help you even we post for another 10 pages.

who <<< I want a sub from the beginning but I can't decide what to do or how much to spend so I opt for the u.PO for starter, nice and simple :p

Have fun