When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Big Bang rep posted at Hublot forum?

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Was just browsing TZ Hublot forum and found this thread:

TZ Hublot Forum Link

With this pic:

225054-13499.jpg

And sorry but for me it looks like a rep.

Look at the date font thickness (or "thinness" maybe) and the location of 10 and 20 on a 3 o'clock subdial :) :) :)

The interesting thing is this watch was pictured on some paper that looks like a well known hand written guarantee valid till 2010 by JCBiver himself.... you think that guy was bold enough to ask for that paper while having a rep?

I am encountering some power reserve problems in my HBB maybe I should ask JCB to send me such paper and then have it serviced by Hublot? :bangin:

Cheers

Maciek

Edited by Sql_pl

if you read the whole thread (i posted the text of the guy's original post below), i think this guy has no clue he has a rep....probably thought he got a good deal on a slightly used model....

check it out:

----------------------------

Dear all,

first of all, I will introduce myself briefly: my name is Alexander, 34 years old, married and father of a 11 years old son. I live between Stuttgart and Munich and I would call myself as a "Omegamaniac" - I got my first Omega as I was 5 years old. However, my new big love is the Big Bang.

After some days and some sleepless nights stands my decision: I must have a Big Bang! Nevertheless, this decision was easy, because I can identify myself totally with this watch and with Hublot. Not only the watch and the company are impressive, rather the people which created this masterpiece and made possible that the fusion of most diverse materials could form a whole, could gotten a soul. Amazing!

Mr. Biver, as I already wrote to you, your visionary business philosophy fascinates me! The direct, open contact to existing and potential customers is simply unique. Amazing!

Beyond that, Mr. Biver, your opinion is absolutely correct! The soul is the difference between watches. And not only between watches. I discovered in all your statements and in all your interviews the soul, the positiv thinking and not least the portion love which you gave and give each of your watches. Amazing!

I thank you and look forward to meet with you in Basel!

Sincerely yours,

Alexander E.

----------------------------

I don't get what the note is. What, this guy was singing the praises of the BB and Hublot on TZ and the CEO gave him an extended warranty? Oy vey! I want to see what happens when he sends that one in.

Think if I go to TZ and blow some smoke up Nicholas Hayek ass I'd get a Breguet?

/Tim

I don't get what the note is. What, this guy was singing the praises of the BB and Hublot on TZ and the CEO gave him an extended warranty? Oy vey! I want to see what happens when he sends that one in.

/Tim

the head of hublot is also one of the moderators of the hublot forum over at timezone; when people post about buying a hublot watch he usually sends them a hand written note providing an extended warranty on their watch.

Oh and what is the etiquette in such situations? Do you go onto the gen forum and let them know or do you just snicker under your breath and come running back laughing to RWG?

/Tim

from the tone of the guy's posts, i think he is going to be devastated when he finds out he has a rep and not the real deal....he is to be pitied -- not snickered and laughed at. can you imagine if this happened to you? we're complaining here about a dealer misrepresenting movements in a replica watch. imagine for a second if you paid $4,000 for a watch, only to find out it cost $400...

deltatahoe

Thanks for the sharing this finding ! I have to agree, the watch in the pic seems to be a rep. This is actually a clear sign how good factories are by now... Congrats at everyone RWG ! I just hope there will not be any problems for the board... Poor fella who bought the watch and sloppy Hublot Managment cause however he got that warranty, they got fooled or were simply sloppy in sending out ...not that the warranty would be of any use, but still...

the head of hublot is also one of the moderators of the hublot forum over at timezone; when people post about buying a hublot watch he usually sends them a hand written note providing an extended warranty on their watch.

from the tone of the guy's posts, i think he is going to be devistated when he finds out he has a rep and not the real deal....he is to be pitied -- not snickered and laughed at. can you imagine if this happened to you? we're complaining here about a dealer misrepresenting movements in a replica watch. imagine for a second if you paid $4,000 for a watch, only to find out it cost $400...

deltatahoe

I hope never to get caught in these circumstances. With gens I only ever buy the dealer never the watch.

That and most of my investment in watches are in vintage models that have never been rep'd. At least I've never yet seen a fake Omega Electroquartz or a Hamilton Electric.

/Tim

You are mistaken about the datewheel my friend... its damn low on the gen as well...here a pic

225946-13344.jpg

I was just telling the wife last night before seeing this thread it was a rep. Date is sunk more then the gen and the flat dial is beveled where the carbon dial you posted is not, although I've seen a few hublot that a somewhat sunk. Second hand comes like the rep (with red paint stopping before the h) on some models but never has on the SS/Rubber (although it has on the SS/SS, crazy). The boldness of the datefont is an easy give away head on.

The screws are not aligned on the gen.

Someone also just posted about the Istanbul they bought, which is the SS/Rose Gold bezel (the other rep) and is very rare and hard to find at this point. So he probably has a rep as well, although I think the first guy knew his was a rep.

The real Big Bang uses a 7750 with transfer gears.. yes just like our reps. It is not a 7753 even though it has that layout. I expect this is probably due to the 7753 having no quick set date and needing the additional pusher for date change.

So don't mistake the sunken date wheel for a definite sign of a replica.

The real Big Bang uses a 7750 with transfer gears.. yes just like our reps. It is not a 7753 even though it has that layout. I expect this is probably due to the 7753 having no quick set date and needing the additional pusher for date change.

Learn something everyday around here. I thought a high end swiss manufacturer would never use such a goofy design.....

/Tim

Not really - HBB uses completely different movement, it's not even ETA :whistling: It uses Hublot HUB44 movement developed with La Joux-Perret. I'm really not sure any high-end watch maker would go for sunken date wheel, it really kind of sucks :yucky: It's one thing that I would never settle with - and only reason I don't own one of these beauties (rep HBBs).

bye,

Ivan

Guest RiverwindMDS
Not really - HBB uses completely different movement, it's not even ETA :whistling: It uses Hublot HUB44 movement developed with La Joux-Perret. I'm really not sure any high-end watch maker would go for sunken date wheel, it really kind of sucks :yucky: It's one thing that I would never settle with - and only reason I don't own one of these beauties (rep HBBs).

bye,

Ivan

That movement is simply a slight modified Valjoux 7750 with the chrono module by La Joux-Perret, but basically is an eta movement...

That movement is simply a slight modified Valjoux 7750 with the chrono module by La Joux-Perret, but basically is an eta movement...

Well, OK, maybe it is based on 7750, but it's definitely not "7750 with transfer gears" :whistling: And we can discuss can it be called 7750 or not, but I really don't want to go there ... this is rep forum after all ...

bye,

Ivan

This is really sad. I agree, from the picture it is definitely a rep. The misalignment of the "10" and the "20" is a tell for sure, plus the date font looks exactly like my rep. Someone seriously ripped this poor guy off.

I think he should be told, if it can be done anonymously. He needs to get his money back from whomever sold him the rep. I love reps, but not when they are misrepresented as gens in a sale. That is just wrong.

bye,

Ivan

Joux-Perret takes the 7750 and adds the transfer gears. That, some finishing, and a new rotor are the modifications made to the standard 7750. The module which adds the transfer gears is jeweled, uses finely crafted gears with rounded out teeth to reduce friction, and is probably half as thick as the transfer gears on the rep watches.

Yes, the genuine has a slightly sunken date wheel, but the thickness of the dial is extended right down to the surface of the datewheel, so there is no gap between the datewheel and the posterior side of the dial.

I am not sure why they did not start with the 7753 in the gen here, as many manufatures perform a simple modification which allows it to be set with the crown. In fact, a couple of manufatures have even made a one button chronograph using the crown as a pusher as well as a time and date set- so it can be done.