When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AD checked out my steelfish

aturi

Why do people have a fascination with taking them into an AD. It's so stupid. They know that these things are out there, and any little hint or mistake is going to spoil it for the whole community!

Why not go in there without the watch on and look at the gen. You can get the feel from it, and then compare pics of the real thing for accuracy.

I don't want to come across as a right miserable git, but in future be wary of going into an AD with a rep on, and then openly declaring it, one mistake and it could ruin it for everyone.

Im glad you like the watch though, Im waiting for mine, and going from this it will live upto my expectations!

I'd have no qualms wearing my Tin Haddock into an AD, but there's no way I'd show it off as a rep. I'd wear it as a watch that I could wear without fear of being called out, much like my Planet Ocean or IWC GST, but I'd not be playing the fooling game or the comparing game.

Last week I ended up showing my rep SMP at an Omega dealer unintentionally and posted proudly about this on the board.

After a few reactions from respected members I realized that it wasn't smart to tell the salesmen it was a rep. I got lucky, but in some countries there is a risk that they seize the rep or even worse.

Besides that, it's better to keep the rep world underground and to not attract attention by the gen world by showing off how good reps are these days.

Anyway, enjoy your steelfish and have a nice weekend! :1a:

...but in future be wary of going into an AD with a rep on, and then openly declaring it, one mistake and it could ruin it for everyone.

I don't understan neither why some members feel that need...you could easilly enter in the AD, take a look at the watch you are interested in...but that's all...

I have been into many AD's with rep watches on. Even if they are top notch I usually try to keep them out of direct view when up close. Most of the time a salesman will notice the watch from a distance and thus give me great service hoping for a sale. I have had the opportunity to try on $50,000 to $100,000 watches with no problem but would never ever ever tell anyone I am wearing a rep.

What happens in these boards stays in the boards. Don't be foolish and do something like that. You're ruining the whole rep scene by bringing a rep to the AD and mentioning you got it from the net. I don't know about you but if that inquisitive bugger would visit google and by some weird twist of luck...he'd be here reading this post after clicking the correct links. Don't play with probability. Many have become millionaires because of the word called luck. And it is that same luck that would ruin our expensive and risky hobby. :)

There was quite a bit a more to his post but it was basically.. the AD pulled a baseball bat from behind the counter beat the guy unconscious and took his rep steelfish, dunno why he deleted his post.

The AD didn't happen to look like this, did he?

226323-13144.jpg

:whistling: