When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie Here Just bought Breitling Avenger

20856-2314.jpg

This model here. I really should have done alot more research before buying it. I'm glad I found this forum. Can anyone tell me about this watch? The dealer swears its swiss 7750 and not asian. I also see the good quality breitling reps with regular titanium band, not with the UTC.

Any pointers or suggestions are greatly appreciate. I'll be spending alot of time readin this forum. Thanks gents.

definitely you bought a beautiful watch!

but i think that you could of bought it from dealers around here paying less $$$...

welcome to the forum...enjoy your stay...

thank you thank you. yeah, i know. I should have waiting and done it right. I did things backwards. i saw the watch, fell in love, didnt do much research, bought it, then realized I still had homework to do. I'm really getting into this forum. So much to learn. Its a very interesting hobbie. I already have my eye on an Omega and possibly a Pam. The mechanics behind the watch is what makes it very interesting.

Welcome here :D

Sure the next purchase will be cheaper... but on the other hand there will be a lot watches to buy... ;)

Actually, if it really has a Swiss 7750 movement you didn't do too badly. Have fun and nice to add another member who is obviously interested in upscale collecting. This the place to be. Just try not to buy too much to fast. :D Then again, I used to say that before I ignored my own advice. :lol:

thank you thank you. yeah, i know. I should have waiting and done it right. I did things backwards. i saw the watch, fell in love, didnt do much research, bought it, then realized I still had homework to do. I'm really getting into this forum. So much to learn. Its a very interesting hobbie. I already have my eye on an Omega and possibly a Pam. The mechanics behind the watch is what makes it very interesting.

Nice watch...i had a toss up between that and a Colt GMT...Colt won thru in the end because the Avenger was too big for my wrist. Good too hear someone mentioning the mechanics and not just the look.

Good luck :)

Jon

Always glad to find another Breitling fan. I have a lovely Navitimer enroute from Josh. Check out his collection, he's got some lovely Breits. His term, "Perfect Clones" is well put. The *only* flaw I found is a very minor difference in the font on the date wheels.

Jon

There's just something about Breitlings for me...cant get enough of em! Shame...i cant get on Josh's site for the moment..."bandwidth limit exceeded". Hope you can get some pics up of the Navitimer when it comes...might just sway me! :)

Jon

Edited by BilboBaggins