When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss 7750 Cartier Santos 100 Chrono

Well, I just finished ordering a Swiss Santos 100 Chrono fron Trusty. The on-line CC system gave me a few hassles, but finally sorted it out.

Communication w Andrew has been FIRST RATE so far. Quick responses to all questions. The photo on his website had the recessed date wheel, suggesting the photo was of an Asian movement. He promptly sent photos of the actual watch, and I must say it looks pretty amazing.

Will post photos when it arrives.

-O

Well, I just finished ordering a Swiss Santos 100 Chrono fron Trusty. The on-line CC system gave me a few hassles, but finally sorted it out.

Communication w Andrew has been FIRST RATE so far. Quick responses to all questions. The photo on his website had the recessed date wheel, suggesting the photo was of an Asian movement. He promptly sent photos of the actual watch, and I must say it looks pretty amazing.

-O

Well, lets at least see the pic's Andrew sent you... :rolleyes:

Here you go...

The differences, as far as I can see are:

-Date wheel not recessed, and the font seems a lot closer than the Asian version.

-Cabochon is darker and more recessed than the asian.

Screws in the Bezel still look a little cheesy, but suspect I can polish them a bit to make it better.

Ordering a band from Aaron as soon as I verify this watch is a nice as I hope it will be.

-O

post-136-1175803568_thumb.jpg

Here you go...

The differences, as far as I can see are:

-Date wheel not recessed, and the font seems a lot closer than the Asian version.

-Cabochon is darker and more recessed than the asian.

Screws in the Bezel still look a little cheesy, but suspect I can polish them a bit to make it better.

Ordering a band from Aaron as soon as I verify this watch is a nice as I hope it will be.

-O

Thanks for the PIc! Screws look fine to me... the only obvious flaw is the color of the date wheel..font is good to.... You may be able to have someone paint it? :g:

Edited by Pam-O-licious

Thanks for the PIc! Screws look fine to me... the only obvious flaw is the color of the date wheel..font is good to.... You may be able to have someone paint it? :g:

The issue I have with the screws is that they do not all look equally flush with the surface of the bezel- I will need to see in person to be sure.

BTW- I went to the Cartier website, and it may be an illusion, but the datewheel appears slightly lighter than the dial there as well.

Hope it comes soon.

-A

where did you obtain the gen strap??

And is the dial color closer to white or beige?? The photos look lighter than the first run, which were clearly beige.

Thanks,

-A

I got the strap from a Cartier Boutique.

I actually purchased a Gen Santos 100 strap off eBay, but it was for the non chrono model, and so was a bit small (23mm) compared to what is needed for both the rep and gen chrono model (24.5mm)

Paid

the gen chrono dial is a shade darker beige than the dw, i have confirmed this at the AD. They are not exact the same colour.

can anyone confirm a second generation rep of the santos 7753 chrono, with better dial clour?

also is the crown good? is the case 1:1?

the gen is huge!!!! even when compared to 47mm pannies!

I cant believe it showed so fast. Tracking said it was in NY last nigt. At my door this AM.

COuple of observations:

1)Quality is excellent

2) Dial color has been corrected- now white with slightlest silver shine to it- Very close to original.

3) Service has been fantastic from beginning to end. WOW

The crummy pic is from my webcam- better ones to follow when I can get to it.

OK- here's the specifics:

Yes the case is larger- it is for all intents and purposes, the correct size for the chrono- and it is a large and imposing watch. I am reluctant to say 1:1 after reading the thread in the 'misrepresentation forum', but it is pretty damn close.

Went to AD last night to finagle an OEM strap, this time successfully. Looked at a genuine, and now I can say the dial color is spot on. Really went over the gen, and I am really impressed with the quality here. This may actually be the most accurate rep out there.

As I mentioned earlier, the screws on the bezel have a slight variablility in their depth, only really noticable if you are looking for it (I was)

There is no AR on the crystal, but with a white dial, this is not as much of an issue.

Date wheel is flush with the dial, and the font is very close, if not the same as the original.

THE DIFFERENCES ARE:

1) The width of the pushers is off by about 2 mm from top to bottom, slightly changing their profile.

2) The band is not screwed in, but uses pressed in pins. This was frustrating, because the hole on the small end is threaded, and the 'head' on the large end is split suggesting a screw. This aint the case.

3) The gen chronograph has a small bevel around the cabochon (which is now just about the right color), which is not present on the gen non-chrono, and is not present on this rep- suggesting they used the same crown. Again, something I would not have picked up if I had not looked at the gen, and the photos in the Swiss Watchmaking Annual (FINALLY found the 2007!!)

4) Clasp is better than some of the earlier ones, but the gap between the two ends is more like an MG than a Bentley, if you know what I mean.

All in all, a very lovely watch, which I suspect will not get 'called'. As it contains the same movement as the gen, I feel I got my money's worth- and with the OEM band it is a truly remarkable rep. Service from Andrew was TOP NOTCH- Great communiction, fast delivery.

I will post pics as soon as possible.

Best,

-O

QUICK EDIT: Upon comparing the gen with the rep on my wrist (Told dealer was thinking of getting the two tone version)- and my comment about the width of the pushers is wrong. For some reason the photo in the watch annual is off- the profile of the pushers is virtually identical. I am tking pictures tonight, and will post on Monday. The exciting thing is that the OEM band I got is honey croc with white stitching, and it looks AWSOME with the stainless watch.

Edited by new & improved osteopath

Congrats on an exquisite watch. When you do your photo shoot for us, could you include a wrist shot from a little ways away for better perspective on the size? Enjoy!

OK- here's the specifics:

Yes the case is larger- it is for all intents and purposes, the correct size for the chrono- and it is a large and imposing watch. I am reluctant to say 1:1 after reading the thread in the 'misrepresentation forum', but it is pretty damn close.

Went to AD last night to finagle an OEM strap, this time successfully. Looked at a genuine, and now I can say the dial color is spot on. Really went over the gen, and I am really impressed with the quality here. This may actually be the most accurate rep out there.

As I mentioned earlier, the screws on the bezel have a slight variablility in their depth, only really noticable if you are looking for it (I was)

There is no AR on the crystal, but with a white dial, this is not as much of an issue.

Date wheel is flush with the dial, and the font is very close, if not the same as the original.

THE DIFFERENCES ARE:

1) The width of the pushers is off by about 2 mm from top to bottom, slightly changing their profile.

2) The band is not screwed in, but uses pressed in pins. This was frustrating, because the hole on the small end is threaded, and the 'head' on the large end is split suggesting a screw. This aint the case.

3) The gen chronograph has a small bevel around the cabochon (which is now just about the right color), which is not present on the gen non-chrono, and is not present on this rep- suggesting they used the same crown. Again, something I would not have picked up if I had not looked at the gen, and the photos in the Swiss Watchmaking Annual (FINALLY found the 2007!!)

4) Clasp is better than some of the earlier ones, but the gap between the two ends is more like an MG than a Bentley, if you know what I mean.

All in all, a very lovely watch, which I suspect will not get 'called'. As it contains the same movement as the gen, I feel I got my money's worth- and with the OEM band it is a truly remarkable rep. Service from Andrew was TOP NOTCH- Great communiction, fast delivery.

I will post pics as soon as possible.

Best,

-O

QUICK EDIT: Upon comparing the gen with the rep on my wrist (Told dealer was thinking of getting the two tone version)- and my comment about the width of the pushers is wrong. For some reason the photo in the watch annual is off- the profile of the pushers is virtually identical. I am tking pictures tonight, and will post on Monday. The exciting thing is that the OEM band I got is honey croc with white stitching, and it looks AWSOME with the stainless watch.

Congrats on an exquisite watch. When you do your photo shoot for us, could you include a wrist shot from a little ways away for better perspective on the size? Enjoy!

I tried, but apparently with the other photo I loaded on the other thread I started in this section, I ran out of upload space. Any thoughts on how I could increase??

-o

I tried, but apparently with the other photo I loaded on the other thread I started in this section, I ran out of upload space. Any thoughts on how I could increase??

-o

I'm guessing that VIPs can upload more. I hope you find a way--dying to see if the Santos is just too humongous or a thing to be had...

• 1 month later...

HI,

Quick question. I have been thinking about ordering a Swiss Santos 100 Chrono but I have been overwhelmed by all the options available online. I am in Canada, but I don't think this would be an issue. I would appreciate any feeback you can give me as to where would you recommend me to look...

Thanks!

Angelo

-O