When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO Utlimate Black or 42.5mm Blue Wave SM?

anonymous

I'm tossing up between these 2 as my next purchase, but cant decide.

I like the size of the Ultimate, but find the colour and lack of motif a bit dull. I love the blue wave PO, but wish it came in the 45mm. I like watches that standout and are attention grabbing.

Which do you guys think is more attention grabbing?

SMP is very understated watch... very classy (imho) but definitely not an "attention grabber". If you want a watch that gets noticed... get the PO Orange in 45mm.

SMP is very understated watch... very classy (imho) but definitely not an "attention grabber". If you want a watch that gets noticed... get the PO Orange in 45mm.

When you see it up close, i think its a great watch. the wave motif adds depth and the colour is great. But frmo a distance (eg across the table), its not too noticable. I'm assuming the Ultimate would be?

Not a fan of the orange. I like the change in colour, but i think it looks a little cheap.

I don't think it looks cheap at all... just sporty and cool. Of course it doesn't go with the suit but if you wear casual clothes it's great.

I used to have the 42mm in orange and I kinda miss the Pumpkin.

229304-12528.jpg

Both watches are really great, my ultimate 45mm PO feels even better quality than the SMP.

As an attention grabber, the sheer size of the PO makes the day. :-) The SMP chrono is also an interesting watch, with a busy design that stands out.. Personally, I find it a bit too tall on the wrist.

But, for some reason the regular SMP is the one I use most, especially when I am on work offshore and does a bit of manual work.. It just feels right for every occasion! :)

Whatever you chose of these models, you can't go wrong! :)

I have the Ultimate PO in both Black and Orange as well as a SMP...the PO's definitely win out on wrist time...Black over Orange. Is a very versitle watch as pointed out above.

The SMP is nice too...I wouldn't part with it ever...but just doesn't get worn as often.

I have the Ultimate PO in both Black and Orange as well as a SMP...the PO's definitely win out on wrist time...Black over Orange. Is a very versitle watch as pointed out above.

The SMP is nice too...I wouldn't part with it ever...but just doesn't get worn as often.

I, too, have a couple of POs (black and orange) and an SMP and I totally agree with Steve G - the black PO hogs the wrist time !! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I love the UPO as I have black bezel with white numbers. I just got SMP, so cannot indicate which "gets more time" I think I will end up wearing the SMP more with suites and the UPO more as sport watch with short sleeves or casual. (belive me this thing stands out).

My belief is that if you want it to stand out you might want UPO with the black bezel and orange numbers.

Which do I prefer.... Tough question.... To be honest, I don't think I prefer one over the other, each is an equally nice watch. My criteria would be more to do with circumstances of wear rather than preference, and that would dictate which I wore in various circumstances.

Planet Ocean 42mm on rubber, I would catagorise as a more 'rugged' watch for activities where function is more important than appearance.

Planet Ocean 42mm on SS. Good 'all round' watch. Good for casual or smart wear.

Blue Wave SMP. Equally good 'all round' watch, but, the detail of the bracelet and dial, to my way of thinking, are more 'decorative', so that would put the watch more into the smart/formal wear catagory as a 'dress watch' (although it obviously can be worn casually) simply because it is a more decorative design.