When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Imminent price drop on HBB ?

jj69

More than one dealer has told me that a price drop on the HBB is "just around the corner." With the release of the new ceramic versions, and the HBB's becoming available from more dealers, it looks like this is beginning to happen.

Has anyone else heard anything about how much the price will drop, and when it will happen?

It is an interesting watch, in person it remains more palatable IMHO. I think that the asking price for the rep is crazy (despite thee supposed costs of ceramics). But the asking price for the real thing is total insanity. Hublot should be smakcked in the face for selling a watch that is not powered by an in-house movement for such a price. As a matter of fact, a lot of people deserve to be smacked :crazy:

If we pay these high prices for reps, the dealers/manufacturers will continue to charge more.

I used to think it was rather ugly myself, but the more i see it, the more it grows on me. That said, the current price is still more than i'm willing to pay, even for a rep that i MUST have.

If the price drops to something a bit more reasonable, I may pick one up.

I'm going to be very interested to see what happens with the HBB pricing. If the SS version drops down to around $300 US, I for one will be shocked. If it does, I'll be very encouraged about the future of rep collecting.

One of the reasons I recently bought one was under the assumption that it wouldn't likely be going down too much in the next couple of months. I wanted to wait until may, but didn't have the patience. Everyone was saying first week of april, but that was for the ceramic release that Angus had already indicated would be the price that it ended up being. Every indication seemed to be that the actual cost of the HBB for the dealers was quite high. Maybe I'm wrong on that...?

Now, if the factories are going to be pumping them out for cheaper and passing along the discount, I can see the cause for a price decrease- but otherwise I'm surprisingly skeptical.

A week ago, I might not have been. But since then I've received my HBB, which was second batch and serviced, and the quality is such that the pricing doesn't seem 'that' unjustified for such a new and specialty item. It will change the way you look at the rest of your reps.

You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear......and believe me that watch is a definite porker.....Jean Claude Biver should be shot for designing it.....and given a medal for convincing so many bozos that it's a handsome piece.....gen or rep.....I guess there's one born every day....the testament to the shitty quality and design of the original is teh fact that he couldn't pick out the rep on TZ....!

Edited by TTK

Guest RiverwindMDS
I'm going to be very interested to see what happens with the HBB pricing. If the SS version drops down to around $300 US, I for one will be shocked. If it does, I'll be very encouraged about the future of rep collecting.

One of the reasons I recently bought one was under the assumption that it wouldn't likely be going down too much in the next couple of months. I wanted to wait until may, but didn't have the patience. Everyone was saying first week of april, but that was for the ceramic release that Angus had already indicated would be the price that it ended up being. Every indication seemed to be that the actual cost of the HBB for the dealers was quite high. Maybe I'm wrong on that...?

Now, if the factories are going to be pumping them out for cheaper and passing along the discount, I can see the cause for a price decrease- but otherwise I'm surprisingly skeptical.

A week ago, I might not have been. But since then I've received my HBB, which was second batch and serviced, and the quality is such that the pricing doesn't seem 'that' unjustified for such a new and specialty item. It will change the way you look at the rest of your reps.

So you recieved your watch.

I'm glad you liked it.

Was it well packeted?

I appreciate all the input from everyone, but no one has really responded to my actual question. Two different dealers have specifically told me that they expect a price drop in early April. One dealer even told me thirty days ago that I should not buy it because they price would be dropping. Now that 30 days has passed, I'm wondering when it's going to happen and what will be the new price. Right now it looks like $389 - $450 or so is the price range for the SS.

Has anyone else heard anything from our dealers?

Hi,

no information but just some personal brainstorming : such rep can easily loose 100 dollars over night... Look at what happened with one modell of the latest Ferrari. From 298 to 218 a few days after the announced availability. What explains that except a moderation of the dealer's thirst for an indecent margin ?? (sorry to those dealers who I usually appreciate)

For sure, whatever the work on the rep is, such price is NOT justified, especially with a 7750 movement.

There has been an uncontrolled inflation on rep prices these times, and I can't imagine many fans spending so much on a rep that has no warranty to work on the long term.

If you like the HBB (as I do >> many people, different tastes, nobody has the exclusivity of good taste), you should wait some more few weeks. That's what I would do.

So you recieved your watch.

I'm glad you liked it.

Was it well packeted?

Hey Marco, I just got it and I hadn't had a chance to send off a thank-you. Excellent job with the packing and I only hope we can do business again, as you're a pleasure to deal with.

Now, what you were thinking selling the watch in the first place? I don't know. :lol:

Maybe you were wise to the price drop!!! j/k

Wouldn't bother me a bit- as I really feel the watch is that good.

Neil, I can understand you not liking the design of the watch, and even ripping on it a bit because of that- but now that you're talking about the build quality (which I would suggest is different than QC), I believe that you're incorrect. What is it about the HBB build quality that you feel is a rip off? Do the dealers have a much larger margin on this watch than we are aware?

It would seem to me to hypocritical to trumpet the virtues of the new Ferrari Pams, and yet not acknowledge that- even if you don't personally like it- the HBB is a high quality rep.

Guest RiverwindMDS
Hey Marco, I just got it and I hadn't had a chance to send off a thank-you. Excellent job with the packing and I only hope we can do business again, as you're a pleasure to deal with.

Now, what you were thinking selling the watch in the first place? I don't know. :lol:

Maybe you were wise to the price drop!!! j/k

Wouldn't bother me a bit- as I really feel the watch is that good.

Neil, I can understand you not liking the design of the watch, and even ripping on it a bit because of that- but now that you're talking about the build quality (which I would suggest is different than QC), I believe that you're incorrect. What is it about the HBB build quality that you feel is a rip off? Do the dealers have a much larger margin on this watch than we are aware?

It would seem to me to hypocritical to trumpet the virtues of the new Ferrari Pams, and yet not acknowledge that- even if you don't personally like it- the HBB is a high quality rep.

Unfortunately I needed money, a lot of money...

I think if you read my post correctly...you'll see that I was referring to the shitty quality pf the ORIGINAL......if JCB couldn't pick out the rep......then that's testament to the lack of quality on the roiginal...( which I examinded extensively in December when I was back home....and in Dubai on my return).......I've seen the rep.....and believe me...it comes nowhere close in terms of quality to the two best reps I've seen this year.....the AP ROO chrono.....and the Ferrari......as for design.....both of these leave the BB in their trail.....but who am I to argue.....some people like Versace.....others prefer Saville Row tailoring.....one defines their clientele by the number of motif they can emblazon externally whilst having the customer carry out free advertising........the other relies on the cut and quality of their item to speak volumes.....!

Edited by TTK

I think if you read my post correctly...you'll see that I was referring to the shitty quality pf the ORIGINAL......if JCB couldn't pick out the rep......then that's testament to the lack of quality on the roiginal...( which I examinded extensively in December when I was back home....and in Dubai on my return).......I've seen the rep.....and believe me...it comes nowhere close in terms of quality to the two best reps I've seen this year.....the AP ROO chrono.....and the Ferrari......as for design.....both of these leave the BB in their trail.....but who am I to argue.....some people like Versace.....others prefer Saville Row tailoring.....one defines their clientele by the number of motif they can emblazon externally whilst having the customer carry out free advertising........the other relies on the cut and quality of their item to speak volumes.....!

Taste is subjective, and apparently your opinion is that some of us have none. I love the roo chrono, but the subdials kills it for me (really wish it didnt). Farrari looks interesting but have yet to wear any of my pams more then a dozen times. As for quality of the rep (not the gen), there are not many better then the HBB. Price drop, I have no idea but a couple of the non-"cartel" dealers I've spoke with said even the limited access to the first two versions are coming at a high price and they really dont want to be involved in the model unless their customer really wants it. For the ceramic, my understanding is the "cartel" bought a large run (~200) with the agreement that no one else would get it for x amount of time, but I'm not sure how long that is.

I'll wait it out and see if the price drops in a few months time..... I've waited at least a year for a PAM187 with ETA 7753 so why not a few more months on these :thumbsupsmileyanim: