When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bought a B-1 today

Shabber

Not sure if this is off topic or not, but I am so excited and don't really have anyone else to tell other than my friends on the board. Went to my AD Saturday and looked in the used case which usually has a bunch of ladies datejusts and ugly crap nobody wants. Well, they had a Breitling B-1. This is a watch I have always liked and don't think will ever get rep'd. New with the SS bracelot, it's like $3200 and they wanted $2450 for it. Seemed a bit high, so I asked them if they would negotiate that at all. Sure enough $1960 (20% off) and I coudn't resist. They are polishing the band and rebrishing the links. I pick it up Wed. Box included, although i don't really do anything with those.

Can't wait. Read some cool reviews on the watch and with 90% automatics it will be nice to have a alarm on a watch for a change. Anyone else out there a fan?

:Jumpy: So excited... :Jumpy:

- Shabber

Awesome watch! Congrats. What color dial did you get? I love the steel/slate, but they all rock.

I went with the blue dial. Mainly because I have a blue leather band for my BCE rep that I can use for a super blue look. Hmm, perhaps I need to get an orange band for the PO?

By the way, thanks again for all the replies. It can be hard being a WIS - most people don't get it (including my wife), yet it is so darn exciting for me.

Congratulations!

I have always liked multi-functional quartz'es like the B-1, Omega Speedmaster X-33 and the Tissot T-touch. As you say, there will never be a good replica of it. :) To many watch-geeks, the B-1 is a better looker than its successor, the Airwolf.

By the way, I have the grandfather of the B-1, a 1991 Navitimer quartz 3100... Here it is, next to my BCE!

232061-11916.jpg

• 1 month later...
... the B-1 is a better looker than its successor, the Airwolf.

Really? I love the new Airwolf, here is a picture of it... Looking for a Rep of it but not having any luck.

I thought there were reps of the B1 out there?

255981-6504.jpg