When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my new ferraris just arrived :)

flavor flav

all i can say is WOW! these are absolutely superb! the finish is the best ive seen on any pam rep to date and the lack of flaws is scary! i got mine from joshua. they arrived somehow three days after i ordered them! the strap on one had stitching damaged on the end. i e-mailed josh and he responded in seconds and offered to ship me a new strap. he also shipped me some dials for some projects i was working on along with my order. i will say i like the rubber strap best as it fills the lugs better and looks better on the wrist. these are "must haves" for any pam freak! i highly reccomend joshua for these. he continues to offer the best service i've gotten from any dealer. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

the crown action feels genuine!! the watches will amaze you. i though joshua sent me gens :thumbsupsmileyanim:

231633-11986.jpg

231633-11987.jpg

231633-11988.jpg

...i though joshua sent me gens :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Guess you won't be buying a Pam-Fer gen then...:)

Unfortunately, 'real Pam geeks' don't buy much into Pam Ferraris :thumbdown:, although a very nice and well made reps.

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola

These new Ferrari reps are really nice. I saw them today at an AD's store and compared to the gen I must say: Save some money and buy a rep for a 99% feeling. There is just one reason that keeps me off from a purchase: I don't like these italian F. cars! :whistling: I am crossing my fingers that they will make that watch with another car brand.... Or better a motocycle like my 20 years old BMW :lol:

You know what's bugging me, this is the first edition and almost a perfect replica, but somehow they can't make a perfect 111. :(

Doopey brings up a valid point. If they make the Ferrari at a quality like this, Im sure they have the ability to make a Pam 111 or anything else for that matter, just as great. Im not a huge fan of the Ferrari watch in general but you have to applaude them for the attention to detail.

Joshua, anything else coming out of this factory that we can get excited about?

Doopey brings up a valid point. If they make the Ferrari at a quality like this, Im sure they have the ability to make a Pam 111 or anything else for that matter, just as great. Im not a huge fan of the Ferrari watch in general but you have to applaude them for the attention to detail.

Joshua, anything else coming out of this factory that we can get excited about?

Unfortunatelly we've seen this before...111H reps are selling like hotcakes anyway...no need for rep makers to 'fix' any of those evident flaws...and most of us know - there are many flaws on current 111H, just ask Flav :)

I believe the current sandwich dial 111 version is it's last...they may come up with thicker CG at some stage, but I doubt it, that will just unnecessarily increase already tight production cost. Our only 'hope' is some other rep factory comes with MKII version, similar to current 44mm Ti PAM offering where 036 still comes in diferent case/crown/CG config from other 'standard' ones like 118 or 177.

In general, the PAM reps are getting better every day, the new and updated models like 092, 239, 243, Ferrari etc are all much better made, and with greater attention to details compared to their older counterparts...unfortunatelly all powered by Asian mov'ts and none of them really appeals to me, so I'm still waiting for that perfect PAM_historic. :(

Who knows, one day maybe...:-)

cheers,

babola

Flav do you mean to tell me that you ordered 2 Ferraris from Joshua and all you received was a pair of watches?!?! You had better post this in the misrepresentation forum post haste!!! :p

Seriously though, they look great. I'm curious, is there any detectable AR on those puppies?

no AR at all..

no AR at all..

I'm pretty certain that my Ferrari chrono has light AR on it. I get a faint blue halo on the reflection from light bulbs if I hold the watch at the correct angle. It's only a single halo (double halo on my Steelfish) so I assume light single-coated AR.

Beautiful watches, FlavorFlav!

I see the yellow really makes the dial stand out a lot more than the one with the silver Ferrari emblem.

I'm thinking about buying a couple of these myself.

Does anybody have an opinion on upgrading the cheaper 21j FE10001, and buying the non-chrono 7750 version (The FE10003 on Josh's site)?

..is the 7750 a more reliable movement without the chronos?

I've been wondering about that as well- the whole issue of the 7750 with frozen(?) subdial reliability vs. the standard 7750 reliability. I like the 008 the best, style-wise, but would go for the 002 if it was a more reliable movement.

Also, I would rather these have no AR at all, then just light crappy AR.

That way you can get it done right yourself, at least.

I've been wondering about that as well- the whole issue of the 7750 with frozen(?) subdial reliability vs. the standard 7750 reliability. I like the 008 the best, style-wise, but would go for the 002 if it was a more reliable movement.

Also, I would rather these have no AR at all, then just light crappy AR.

That way you can get it done right yourself, at least.

it has NO AR at all!!! :o i think it's a good thing rather than crappy AR!